napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

My 12 Week Journey: A Diary of Sorts

thats fucking awesome bro.. nothing but respect... you will be better than you ever were with that kind of drive and attitude

Thanks bro. The journey continues.

Day 4:

I planned an off day today with some light work. I took my dose at 7am when I awoke. I slept in a little after yesterday's race. I accidentally shot it too far into the back of my throat (lol, I feel some dirty jokes coming on), and it burned like Hell! I went and had breakfast, and the sensation started to go away. After about an hour, everything was back to normal. I hopped on my bike, and went for a ride to recover my legs. When I woke up, my legs felt pretty good. Waking up yesterday, they were pretty tired before the race, but this morning, everything felt great. After the ride, everything felt warmed, and ready to go, but I'm holding back. I have a tendency to push too hard, and injure my legs. Tomorrow, I start a new half marathon training program I have put together. Pretty excited.

Thanks to all for following along.

Day 5:

I was going to start my new training program today, but I forgot my wife had a big race this morning. She did pretty well. The race started at about 6000 ft, and went 4000+ ft up to just over 10,000 ft. She was 121 overall, 21st overall female, and 4th in her age group. She's a podium runner on the road and trails. This was the first time she raced with this type of elevation and incline, though. She was happy with her finish of 1:55. Very proud of her! She had a delayed start too. Started 5 minutes after everyone else, and flew up around all of the walkers and other runners. In a field of 500+, she did great.

As for me, I took my dose this morning around 6:30. I ended up walking up the 4000 ft, hanging out around the top with some other runners, and then my wife and I ran back down. I'm definitely planning on going back to run that mountain on another day when bibs aren't involved. I did a little running up, but mostly walked, because I didn't have running or trail shoes on. But, I was still in the mood to run, so I did. The train is pretty arduous, and there were drops on both sides for most of the trip to the top. Down was steep and even more dangerous without shoes that didn't grip, but strangely aroused another side of me. I used to be a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but after I got married, I was mostly grounded. Lately, though, I've been venturing out more and more, and getting into some trouble, lol.

Overall, a good day. I'm going to start my half marathon training first thing tomorrow. Day 6 is expected to be a good one! Until then.

Cant wait til that shit kicks in

You and me both brother!

Quick question for anyone reading... What diet would you guys recommend on GW? What type of macros should I be aiming for? My wife is a vegan, and half of my meals are all veggies, and no meat. A quarter of my meals are meat and veggies, and the last quarter border on the junk food line. Looking to maximize performance, though, so your recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Well obvi you want to eat as healthy as possible vut it sounds like you have such an active lifestyle it wont matter much

Well obvi you want to eat as healthy as possible vut it sounds like you have such an active lifestyle it wont matter much

The problem is I have poor genes. I'm genetically preconditioned to be overweight. Each and every male in my family is. I've developed a little bit of a belly over the past year. It's not huge, but it's noticeable to me. Others say they don't see it, but those are loved ones that tell me what they think I want to hear. It's my understanding that the GW is supposed to help with the weight. I do't eat too terribly. I know I can make a better effort, but I guess I'm wondering if there are certain macros that would work best with GW.

Thanks again.

Im not sure i just eat what works for me everyone is different i actually dont even track macros im from alabama and its just too much math lol

I cant copy and paste it on my phone but if u click on forum tab up top and steroids link its the first sticky diet and nutrition 101

But it sounds like ur body has just adapted to the abuse u put it thru you may need a refees or a recomp approach to spark ur metabolism i do know sr9009 w gw is fuckin awesome

But it sounds like ur body has just adapted to the abuse u put it thru you may need a refees or a recomp approach to spark ur metabolism i do know sr9009 w gw is fuckin awesome

The SR is just a little too pricey for my blood at the moment. Working on it, though. :) I'm hoping that my next 12 week cycle will include SR... As long as I see results from the GW during the first 12 weeks, which I'm sure I will!

Thanks bro.

Yes no doubt. Well u know if what you are doing now arent producing the results you have to do something different you will get there i can tell from ur determination and drive to succeed

Day 6:

Slept in until 7am after yesterday's events. Took dose 15 minutes after that. Headed to the track for some intervals. 4x800 @ 6:30 pace. Still no endurance boost or any other boosts for that matter. Got through 3 of them at 6:45-7:00 pace, and couldn't even finish the last 800. Tomorrow is a long slow day. I'm off to bed. Night all.

Top Bottom