napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How many exercises per body part?

BraedenB

Hey guys just curious what you all do for exercises for your splits and what workouts you do? I'm currently doing my chest day and I started with flat bench working up to a daily max for 5 reps. Only got 265... Bummer, anyways, then I do incline bench press for 5x8, then cables 5x20, and then I superset dumbell press with shoulder side raises/rear delt raises. Would you recommend adding in another exercise? Sometimes I do more but idk if I do too much, sometimes I'm doing weights for like 2 hours straight.

Much past an hour and you are overworking unless you are an athlete. I cap any workout at 1.5 and prefer no more than 1.25h. (although sometimes it just takes time to change weights around, so I factor that time in)

Well i generally do powerlifting for my first hour. I take longer breaks because I want to hit max weights. After that I kick up the pace and work fast. I will squat for about an hour then I finish all my accessory workouts within 30-45 minutes

Hey guys just curious what you all do for exercises for your splits and what workouts you do? I'm currently doing my chest day and I started with flat bench working up to a daily max for 5 reps. Only got 265... Bummer, anyways, then I do incline bench press for 5x8, then cables 5x20, and then I superset dumbell press with shoulder side raises/rear delt raises. Would you recommend adding in another exercise? Sometimes I do more but idk if I do too much, sometimes I'm doing weights for like 2 hours straight.
i do two body parts per workout... 4 different exercises on each body part with 4 sets per each exercise so i put in work...

Everybody is going to have differing training methods that work best for them, and some people like more volume than others. Me personally, I actually do one exercise per bodypart, but my training is very unorthodox. I do low volume and high intensity and basically do one rest paused set to failure per bodypart that uses progressive overload priciples. Each time I repeat a workout my workload is increased by either increasing weight or reps. It's been extremely successful for me, and I'm going on about 4 years training this way exclusively.

You kinda just have to find what works for you. I know guys that will do 20 sets or more for larger muscle groups and that's just too much for me. I've never been able to progress with that kind of volume.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

It's all different for everyone bro. I do 5 sets per exercise, but the number of exercises depends on the body part and weight used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no right way too answer that .Lots of variables like Intensity rest periods what muscle group the individual also goals I change training slighty when dieting .Not too burn more fat but mainly lack of nutrition for recovery

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Everybody is going to have differing training methods that work best for them, and some people like more volume than others. Me personally, I actually do one exercise per bodypart, but my training is very unorthodox. I do low volume and high intensity and basically do one rest paused set to failure per bodypart that uses progressive overload priciples. Each time I repeat a workout my workload is increased by either increasing weight or reps. It's been extremely successful for me, and I'm going on about 4 years training this way exclusively.

You kinda just have to find what works for you. I know guys that will do 20 sets or more for larger muscle groups and that's just too much for me. I've never been able to progress with that kind of volume.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I know you're one of the few guys that approach training the same way I do. And I absolutely agree.. training stimulus is going to be different depending on the individual. I trained using high volume for years but I just can't progress and recover from the sessions as well as I do from high intensity, low volume, high frequency style training. As an individual, its up to you to experiment over time and find what works best for you.

2 body parts per day 2x per week and one dedicated leg day....Usually anywhere between 4-6 sets each part. Anywhere between 6-15 reps depending on how heavy or light I'm going....On tren I can easily work out for 2 hours and still want to keep going, then go home, eat, and take wifey to pound town till we both pass out lol

Top Bottom