bannednutritionnapsgear

Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

RickRock

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

sweetnspicy said:
RickRock said:
cbbram said:
RickRock said:
"cbbram" said:
Taking care of my autistic son (more like a 2nd full time job)
I understand that one completely too my man. My oldest son, which turns 21 next week is severely autistic and requires constant care. He's been non verbal his whole life. My exwife has custody of him, and I don't get to see him often because it causes a lot of problems for him leaving his home, but when I do see him its certainly a full time job

My son is the same... Severely autistic and non-verbal.. He's 12... We have a professional lady that helps out. So between my ex-wife, the professional lady and myself we have it covered. Not just anyone can take care of him... I even had to take classes to deal with certain situations.
Oh I know the feeling man. It's a very tough thing to deal with, and hard for anyone to understand unless they have been through it. It consumes every moment you have and becomes very frustrating. It gets extremely hard to make the best of a situation with your own son when its so impossible to really get any interaction. They live in their own world, and its so hard day in and day out to try and remotely live a normal life. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you brother. It's a true test in the biggest way of being a good parent

My job is special education and I work with level III, the middle of the road to severely autistic. I work in 5th and 6th grade. It is brutal on so many parents and the kids. The frustration that must come from not being able to communicate your needs, wants and emotions as well as not being able to identify the emotions of others around them makes it hard on everyone involved. We just try to get through as much as we can to make sure they live the happiest and healthiest life they can as they reach their potential.


I respect what you do for those kids. It takes a special person to do your job I know. It's absolutely true about getting through what you can, and doing what you can to live the happiest and healthiest life they can. That's all you can do
 

cbbram

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

sweetnspicy said:
RickRock said:
cbbram said:
"RickRock" said:
"cbbram" said:
Taking care of my autistic son (more like a 2nd full time job)
I understand that one completely too my man. My oldest son, which turns 21 next week is severely autistic and requires constant care. He's been non verbal his whole life. My exwife has custody of him, and I don't get to see him often because it causes a lot of problems for him leaving his home, but when I do see him its certainly a full time job

My son is the same... Severely autistic and non-verbal.. He's 12... We have a professional lady that helps out. So between my ex-wife, the professional lady and myself we have it covered. Not just anyone can take care of him... I even had to take classes to deal with certain situations.
Oh I know the feeling man. It's a very tough thing to deal with, and hard for anyone to understand unless they have been through it. It consumes every moment you have and becomes very frustrating. It gets extremely hard to make the best of a situation with your own son when its so impossible to really get any interaction. They live in their own world, and its so hard day in and day out to try and remotely live a normal life. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you brother. It's a true test in the biggest way of being a good parent

My job is special education and I work with level III, the middle of the road to severely autistic. I work in 5th and 6th grade. It is brutal on so many parents and the kids. The frustration that must come from not being able to communicate your needs, wants and emotions as well as not being able to identify the emotions of others around them makes it hard on everyone involved. We just try to get through as much as we can to make sure they live the happiest and healthiest life they can as they reach their potential.
Awesome :)

You never know how much you have in common with others until you start digging a little deeper...lol

I appreciate you and I'm definitely sure all those kids do too...
 

cbbram

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
I just realized that all 3 reps for forum sponsors are directly related to a special needs child or children. I just find that VERY interesting.
 

JM750

MODERATOR
Member
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

sweetnspicy said:
RickRock said:
cbbram said:
RickRock said:
"cbbram" said:
Taking care of my autistic son (more like a 2nd full time job)
I understand that one completely too my man. My oldest son, which turns 21 next week is severely autistic and requires constant care. He's been non verbal his whole life. My exwife has custody of him, and I don't get to see him often because it causes a lot of problems for him leaving his home, but when I do see him its certainly a full time job

My son is the same... Severely autistic and non-verbal.. He's 12... We have a professional lady that helps out. So between my ex-wife, the professional lady and myself we have it covered. Not just anyone can take care of him... I even had to take classes to deal with certain situations.
Oh I know the feeling man. It's a very tough thing to deal with, and hard for anyone to understand unless they have been through it. It consumes every moment you have and becomes very frustrating. It gets extremely hard to make the best of a situation with your own son when its so impossible to really get any interaction. They live in their own world, and its so hard day in and day out to try and remotely live a normal life. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you brother. It's a true test in the biggest way of being a good parent

My job is special education and I work with level III, the middle of the road to severely autistic. I work in 5th and 6th grade. It is brutal on so many parents and the kids. The frustration that must come from not being able to communicate your needs, wants and emotions as well as not being able to identify the emotions of others around them makes it hard on everyone involved. We just try to get through as much as we can to make sure they live the happiest and healthiest life they can as they reach their potential.

Thats what makes u so special to me. You have the patience of a saint. That is a great quality. Its amazing how you handle situations. The patience it takes for all 3 of you to do this is incredible. Not anyone can deal very well with this.
 

JackSteel

Banned
Big documentary addict and Xbox....herbal activities, a drink now and then, and last but not least sex and/or porn lol lately I find porn is far easier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

BigBusiness

Active member
I like to shoot my guns and blow shit up!! Nothing beats my AR-10 and some tannerite...lol. I also play on a traveling softball team.
 

Angel

Senior Member
Quarter Horse racing and breeding game fowl!!

changing my life around one day at a time!!
 

JackSteel

Banned
BigBusiness said:
I like to shoot my guns and blow shit up!! Nothing beats my AR-10 and some tannerite...lol. I also play on a traveling softball team.
That too... Did I mention I beat off a lot?? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

cbbram

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
Re: RE: Re: Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

JackSteel said:
BigBusiness said:
I like to shoot my guns and blow shit up!! Nothing beats my AR-10 and some tannerite...lol. I also play on a traveling softball team.
That too... Did I mention I beat off a lot?? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you didn't but you said you watched a lot of porn so I kinda "read between the lines" lol
 

NJBro

Senior Member
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hobbies (other than fitness LOL)

cmb5017 said:
RickRock said:
cbbram said:
RickRock said:
"cbbram" said:
Taking care of my autistic son (more like a 2nd full time job)
I understand that one completely too my man. My oldest son, which turns 21 next week is severely autistic and requires constant care. He's been non verbal his whole life. My exwife has custody of him, and I don't get to see him often because it causes a lot of problems for him leaving his home, but when I do see him its certainly a full time job

My son is the same... Severely autistic and non-verbal.. He's 12... We have a professional lady that helps out. So between my ex-wife, the professional lady and myself we have it covered. Not just anyone can take care of him... I even had to take classes to deal with certain situations.
Oh I know the feeling man. It's a very tough thing to deal with, and hard for anyone to understand unless they have been through it. It consumes every moment you have and becomes very frustrating. It gets extremely hard to make the best of a situation with your own son when its so impossible to really get any interaction. They live in their own world, and its so hard day in and day out to try and remotely live a normal life. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you brother. It's a true test in the biggest way of being a good parent

Much props to u guys. So many guys would just wash thier hands of a situation like that because it takes alot of hard work and special care...alot. more than regular kids

Amen! I have 2 kids (cousins) in my family that are non verbal and 1 (niece) with Asperger's. Its a long hard road and the victories are few an far between.
 

JackSteel

Banned
cbbram said:
JackSteel said:
"BigBusiness" said:
I like to shoot my guns and blow shit up!! Nothing beats my AR-10 and some tannerite...lol. I also play on a traveling softball team.
That too... Did I mention I beat off a lot?? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you didn't but you said you watched a lot of porn so I kinda "read between the lines" lol
Lol I know you did. I just wanted to emphasize how much I flog my log lmao
I am my own comic relief [WHITE SMILING FACE]?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

scyatic

New member
Playing Guitar, pretty easy to pickup and lots of resources to teach yourself. Also something you can sit and do when you have 10 minutes waiting on the wife to get ready to go somewhere
 

SpikedEggnog

Active member
scyatic said:
Playing Guitar, pretty easy to pickup and lots of resources to teach yourself. Also something you can sit and do when you have 10 minutes waiting on the wife to get ready to go somewhere

lol waiting on the wife to go somewhere, I know how that is..
 

sweetnspicy

Member
SpikedEggnog said:
scyatic said:
Playing Guitar, pretty easy to pickup and lots of resources to teach yourself. Also something you can sit and do when you have 10 minutes waiting on the wife to get ready to go somewhere

lol waiting on the wife to go somewhere, I know how that is..

Dare I get involved with this....No, it will just be an embarrassing argument that you will lose. :lol:
 

SpikedEggnog

Active member
sweetnspicy said:
SpikedEggnog said:
scyatic said:
Playing Guitar, pretty easy to pickup and lots of resources to teach yourself. Also something you can sit and do when you have 10 minutes waiting on the wife to get ready to go somewhere

lol waiting on the wife to go somewhere, I know how that is..

Dare I get involved with this....No, it will just be an embarrassing argument that you will lose. :lol:

lol...
 

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
very intriguing hobbies to say the least especially the body double i wasn't even aware i had! That's how busy I am!!

I am the biggest sports junkie you could ever meet... My television percentage of use is probably 95% sports and 5% of everything else lolll... so aside from watching sports, im a huge fantasy sports competitor and when time allows, i try to travel to several sporting events a year...

other than that, ive become quite simple... i love to shop, i like to do relaxing things now as opposed to how i used to live.. for me, i would much rather get a massage than party etc... for me, that is for my health and mental clarification... i go to church every week and do a lot of prayer... ive become far more simple in what i enjoy but i still have that little kid in me.. when i have an extra hour, which is rare, i like to play the wii and i LOVE to go to them parks.. im so in love with that kind of thing but in general, im more relaxed, i like to enjoy my yard etc. and ( i know this sounds extremely corny and i would have trashed myself for this years ago) but i just enjoy seeing nice, beautiful things in my surroundings and just take time to relax... it becomes far more valuable to you as you get older and you own your own things and can appreciate what your hard work is doing for you and for others... i just like to do things with my family, movies, occasional tv shows (in that 5% of time sports are not on) etc... im just enjoying a complete makeover in my life and im FAR happier than i have ever been...

you already know most of my time is here with you all or at the gym or with my clients... that's what it is and that's what i love!
 

SpikedEggnog

Active member
DylanGemelli said:
very intriguing hobbies to say the least especially the body double i wasn't even aware i had! That's how busy I am!!

I am the biggest sports junkie you could ever meet... My television percentage of use is probably 95% sports and 5% of everything else lolll... so aside from watching sports, im a huge fantasy sports competitor and when time allows, i try to travel to several sporting events a year...

other than that, ive become quite simple... i love to shop, i like to do relaxing things now as opposed to how i used to live.. for me, i would much rather get a massage than party etc... for me, that is for my health and mental clarification... i go to church every week and do a lot of prayer... ive become far more simple in what i enjoy but i still have that little kid in me.. when i have an extra hour, which is rare, i like to play the wii and i LOVE to go to them parks.. im so in love with that kind of thing but in general, im more relaxed, i like to enjoy my yard etc. and ( i know this sounds extremely corny and i would have trashed myself for this years ago) but i just enjoy seeing nice, beautiful things in my surroundings and just take time to relax... it becomes far more valuable to you as you get older and you own your own things and can appreciate what your hard work is doing for you and for others... i just like to do things with my family, movies, occasional tv shows (in that 5% of time sports are not on) etc... im just enjoying a complete makeover in my life and im FAR happier than i have ever been...

you already know most of my time is here with you all or at the gym or with my clients... that's what it is and that's what i love!

Lol yeah man I get you about you wouldve trashed yourself for saying this stuff years ago. i am similar because when iw as younger i did the partying, smoking, chasing girls, etc etc BUT as I got older and started really thinking for myself and learning about Life, i started reading more scripture and praying more and my life started transforming (just like weightlifting and diet, except spiritual). I dont do the stuff I used to man and now I hate the stuff that I once did, I wish i never did it, I am ashamed of the things I have done int he past. But now I am very simple and enjoy just having some green tea and playing with the dog, or eating a sandwich, or swimming, when before I was all about everything BAD. Im a new man now, its all about that mind and spirit renewal from Gods breath..
 

RickRock

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
DylanGemelli said:
very intriguing hobbies to say the least especially the body double i wasn't even aware i had! That's how busy I am!!

I am the biggest sports junkie you could ever meet... My television percentage of use is probably 95% sports and 5% of everything else lolll... so aside from watching sports, im a huge fantasy sports competitor and when time allows, i try to travel to several sporting events a year...

other than that, ive become quite simple... i love to shop, i like to do relaxing things now as opposed to how i used to live.. for me, i would much rather get a massage than party etc... for me, that is for my health and mental clarification... i go to church every week and do a lot of prayer... ive become far more simple in what i enjoy but i still have that little kid in me.. when i have an extra hour, which is rare, i like to play the wii and i LOVE to go to them parks.. im so in love with that kind of thing but in general, im more relaxed, i like to enjoy my yard etc. and ( i know this sounds extremely corny and i would have trashed myself for this years ago) but i just enjoy seeing nice, beautiful things in my surroundings and just take time to relax... it becomes far more valuable to you as you get older and you own your own things and can appreciate what your hard work is doing for you and for others... i just like to do things with my family, movies, occasional tv shows (in that 5% of time sports are not on) etc... im just enjoying a complete makeover in my life and im FAR happier than i have ever been...

you already know most of my time is here with you all or at the gym or with my clients... that's what it is and that's what i love!

I'm glad to see you making those changes in your life and really finding that happiness, D. That's what it's all about brother. You seem to have a great balance and lookout on life, and I couldn't be happier for you. One thing I've been trying to make a priority for me and my family is getting to church every week. It's been a long time, but that's my next step
 
Top