napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Hey you..over 40...spring has sprung

drb_iac

April has a nice ring to it, a sweet sound, chimes in a faint breeze. Girls named April are automatically cute -- cover girls, centerfolds and starlets. Warm showers from blue skies come to mind, songbirds and spring flowers, shorts and T-shirts, long days and a convertible with the top down.

April is the month of hope, the month we dream of with longing in the middle of October when the days are grey and we’re chilled to the bone... six months till April, a desperately long time.

April is here at last, a time to celebrate. I always say that April is the best time to start a new...a new cycle, a new get your act together, a new YOU!

The greatest way to celebrate the spring occasion is to not merely recognize it, but to embrace it with open arms, to perceive it in all its fullness, to hold it close and examine it, to know it before it slips away, into the past, into memory. Stop and smell the roses, we say, before the flower and its fragrance fade in the background.

Spring is a time to rejoice. Bright, tender and fresh, the season inspires life and living, rejuvenation and accelerated growth, a renewal of the mind, a deepening of the soul. Look around you ironheads...no not at the iron...at the trees getting new leaves, the bees are buzzin, the grass is greening up.

Muscleheads yell “Let’s get huge,” while ironheads shout, “Let’s get ripped.” Bros nod to each other knowingly and rumble, “Time to blast it.” Work up my new cycle that will take me from April to May to June to July. Hey..what could be better.. buffed for the summer bros!! Get started!!

While I am on the subject of aas...oh I was? Ok listen up over 45. Test 200-400; deca 200-400...that is your base. Now play around with some eq,primo and dare I say tren at less than 200mg. You are lean? Throw in the Masteron. Over 55, can't hurt to add some proviron. Oh did I forget the orals? Yes I did, so you you forget them too.

Remember, captains and navigators, “blast it” is a relative term. Blasting it means giving it all you have (without bleeding), taking it to the edge (without slipping), letting ’er rip (without tearing). It’s seeking a gratifying pump without exploding, and achieving a significant burn without incinerating.

Too few lifters blast it. They cause an occasional pop, a weekly poof or an infrequent boom, but authentic blasting is often missing.

OK.. for us older guys. My blasting lately has been limited to grumbling every other day between benches to sit with gratitude and pump out a set of 8 to 10 reps, sometimes 20 when it’s appropriate. I execute four sets of each chosen exercise, practice perfect form and manage to achieve a burn and a pump through complete muscle extension and contraction. I breathe like a racehorse coming in last, though I haven’t lost a race once.

Overloading the system with exercise and food, no matter how wholesome they are, is no longer wise when time and age move to the forefront. Actually, it was never wise, although it seemed to be working at the time.

Work out according to urge, good order, convenience, need, ability and responsibility. I don’t work for the Man so I come and go as I please. This varies from three to four workouts a week, or every other day, for usually around an hour on weights and an hour on cardio. My ‘blasting it’ is relative. Snap, Crackle, Pop!

And now some thoughts and questions that have come to mind.

What about squatting, deadlifting and heavy, low-rep, one-rep-max workouts? Alas, gone with the other overloads. HaHa,my young son tells me I need to do squats and deads....hahaha. In about 27 years he will be my age. He shall see, I won't, but he will. We all will. I do them, but with light weights as a warm up. No more overloading anything ever again.

What bodyweight shall I maintain that is comfortable and wise? One could argue that 199 pounds at 6'2" is a smart bodyweight, not a small man by any means, but a stiff breeze I fear would take my bones for a ride in the sky... not exactly what I call a big dude! So what?

Stress appears in many forms and must be attended with calm intelligence. That’s a big problem immediately, stressful in itself. Stress, the elephant in the room, must be eliminated. Turn off the TV and eliminate contact with the hostile outside world. A great sage once said "do not entertain negativity" "If you do ,that negativity will become part of you"

We do the best we can.

As I outline my cautions and limitations, I sound like a coward in retreat. This is not true. I still hold tightly my sword and shield and proceed with daring.

My winged aircraft a giant B52 bomber is currently suited for gliding. Gliding is a patient art form and enables one to engage one’s finer senses entirely, an instructive and most gratifying experience.

Here’s to gliding, and blasting the iron, my bros...never stop, for we know the fountain of youth.

Great read, thanks for posting. As for a 45 year old I can internalize a lot of what you've said. I think this the time in my life that I switch to full time on with a blast/cruise regimine. Each cycle becomes more difficult to fully recover with already naturally low T levels.

April has a nice ring to it, a sweet sound, chimes in a faint breeze. Girls named April are automatically cute -- cover girls, centerfolds and starlets. Warm showers from blue skies come to mind, songbirds and spring flowers, shorts and T-shirts, long days and a convertible with the top down.

April is the month of hope, the month we dream of with longing in the middle of October when the days are grey and we’re chilled to the bone... six months till April, a desperately long time.

April is here at last, a time to celebrate. I always say that April is the best time to start a new...a new cycle, a new get your act together, a new YOU!

The greatest way to celebrate the spring occasion is to not merely recognize it, but to embrace it with open arms, to perceive it in all its fullness, to hold it close and examine it, to know it before it slips away, into the past, into memory. Stop and smell the roses, we say, before the flower and its fragrance fade in the background.

Spring is a time to rejoice. Bright, tender and fresh, the season inspires life and living, rejuvenation and accelerated growth, a renewal of the mind, a deepening of the soul. Look around you ironheads...no not at the iron...at the trees getting new leaves, the bees are buzzin, the grass is greening up.

Muscleheads yell “Let’s get huge,” while ironheads shout, “Let’s get ripped.” Bros nod to each other knowingly and rumble, “Time to blast it.” Work up my new cycle that will take me from April to May to June to July. Hey..what could be better.. buffed for the summer bros!! Get started!!

While I am on the subject of aas...oh I was? Ok listen up over 45. Test 200-400; deca 200-400...that is your base. Now play around with some eq,primo and dare I say tren at less than 200mg. You are lean? Throw in the Masteron. Over 55, can't hurt to add some proviron. Oh did I forget the orals? Yes I did, so you you forget them too.

Remember, captains and navigators, “blast it” is a relative term. Blasting it means giving it all you have (without bleeding), taking it to the edge (without slipping), letting ’er rip (without tearing). It’s seeking a gratifying pump without exploding, and achieving a significant burn without incinerating.

Too few lifters blast it. They cause an occasional pop, a weekly poof or an infrequent boom, but authentic blasting is often missing.

OK.. for us older guys. My blasting lately has been limited to grumbling every other day between benches to sit with gratitude and pump out a set of 8 to 10 reps, sometimes 20 when it’s appropriate. I execute four sets of each chosen exercise, practice perfect form and manage to achieve a burn and a pump through complete muscle extension and contraction. I breathe like a racehorse coming in last, though I haven’t lost a race once.

Overloading the system with exercise and food, no matter how wholesome they are, is no longer wise when time and age move to the forefront. Actually, it was never wise, although it seemed to be working at the time.

Work out according to urge, good order, convenience, need, ability and responsibility. I don’t work for the Man so I come and go as I please. This varies from three to four workouts a week, or every other day, for usually around an hour on weights and an hour on cardio. My ‘blasting it’ is relative. Snap, Crackle, Pop!

What about squatting, deadlifting and heavy, low-rep, one-rep-max workouts? Alas, gone with the other overloads. HaHa,my young son tells me I need to do squats and deads....hahaha. In about 27 years he will be my age. He shall see, I won't, but he will. We all will. I do them, but with light weights as a warm up. No more overloading anything ever again.

What bodyweight shall I maintain that is comfortable and wise? One could argue that 199 pounds at 6'2" is a smart bodyweight, not a small man by any means, but a stiff breeze I fear would take my bones for a ride in the sky... not exactly what I call a big dude! So what?

Stress appears in many forms and must be attended with calm intelligence. That’s a big problem immediately, stressful in itself. Stress, the elephant in the room, must be eliminated. Turn off the TV and eliminate contact with the hostile outside world. A great sage once said "do not entertain negativity" "If you do ,that negativity will become part of you"

We do the best we can.

As I outline my cautions and limitations, I sound like a coward in retreat. This is not true. I still hold tightly my sword and shield and proceed with daring.

My winged aircraft a giant B52 bomber is currently suited for gliding. Gliding is a patient art form and enables one to engage one’s finer senses entirely, an instructive and most gratifying experience.

Here’s to gliding, and blasting the iron, my bros...never stop, for we know the fountain of youth.

Like always drb_iac it's awesome read ......pura vida.......

We do the best we can.

A great read and coming at a great time. I'm not 45 yet, but I am about 2 months from 42....so My next blast is a month away, and looking into doing 400 test, 200 deca, 200 tren, and 800 masteron for my summer cycle. :)

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I love reading your stuff I am pumped after reading this. You are fairy knowledgeable like a lot of people on this form I really admire you drb tank you for sharing your life knowledge whit us I really appreciate it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love reading your stuff I am pumped after reading this. You are fairy knowledgeable like a lot of people on this form I really admire you drb tank you for sharing your life knowledge whit us I really appreciate it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is my pleasure my friend. Get pumped and stay pumped. We don't want to be one summer wonders do we? We want to be many summer wonders.

A great read and coming at a great time. I'm not 45 yet, but I am about 2 months from 42....so My next blast is a month away, and looking into doing 400 test, 200 deca, 200 tren, and 800 masteron for my summer cycle. :)

Nice cycle rick. By july you will be on cruise control strolling down the beach! Glad to see no orals in there bro...good for you.

Great read, thanks for posting. As for a 45 year old I can internalize a lot of what you've said. I think this the time in my life that I switch to full time on with a blast/cruise regimine. Each cycle becomes more difficult to fully recover with already naturally low T levels.

yeah 45 is when nature starts knocking lightly.A low test and deca run, no orals, and stay feeling good

Nice cycle rick. By july you will be on cruise control strolling down the beach! Glad to see no orals in there bro...good for you.

Absolutely brother! I've learned a lot from you, and the orals are just not for me anymore. I've found that with the right cycle they are completely unnecessary anyways

Very well written!!! I am riding out my last few months of being able to use the number "4" when someone asks my age, I can relate to everything you said!
Thanks Drb!!!!

In honor of April and spring being here, I am going back to being 38 years old for a while!!

Top Bottom