napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Foods for bulking

jp1957

well, lets try this again... :)

The biggest problem I am having on this bulk, is the shit ton of food I have to eat to get calories high enough.

Anyone have any reasonable tasting stuff thats low bulk (foodwise) but higher carbs and calories?

As a suggestion, one thing I found is Bentilia Red Lentil Rotini with Two Guys Jersey Paste, around 450calories, actually tastes good, 22g protein, 66g carbs.

This diet sux, everything that tastes good I cant eat, what I can eat, generally tastes like crap or so bland, its not enjoyable in the least.

So looking for any other suggestions for high protein, high carb, low fat stuff meals that at least have some reasonable taste to them.

#NOTSPAM :)

How many calories are you eating a day, and what's your macros?

I can hook you up with a meal plan.

Peanut butter and olive oil are my friends when trying to keep calories high, but since you are trying to keep fats low you'll have to use those sparingly.

I'll tell you right now one of my secret weapons is pop tarts. A lot of people wouldn't call them a "clean" food, because of the sugar etc...but without getting into the whole IIFYM debate I will say it works extremely well for me to add about 400 calories per day with about 80 plus grams of carbs that tastes good with pretty low fat content....and I'm not alone. It's a,popular diet addition in the bodybuilding world

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Ive been bulking for 2 years now.I went from 175lbs to a steady 210 lbs now.I eat anything from peanut butter on hot dogs to oatmeal every morning.Usually I boil chicken breast and white rice.Cook hamburgers a lot with potatoes.Now deer season is coming in.I make about 8 sticks of deer bologna,jerky and grind pounds of deer burger.Like RickRock Ill even eat poptarts at least once a week.After I lift I take protein with creatine and glutamine.While I lift I take a preworkout and bcaas (fruit punch flavor)Hope this helps.

thats my problem, I have to stick no more than 75g fat, 80'ish sugar. So no peanut butter, or hot dogs.

So by 4pm I'm only around 1700 calories

Breakfast
1.5 cups egg whites with some bacon bits and cheese
1 banana
Protein shake with unsweetned almond milk

so basically 511 calories

early lunch

Turkey tenderloin (6 oz)
Brown Rice (1 cup

later lunch early dinner

Bentilia pasta
440 calories.

Even if I manage to get 500 calories per meal, I gotta eat 5+ meals a day to get to 2700

Basic macros are 200g protein, 250 carbs, 25 fiber, 80g sugar, 75 fat.

I can get to protein and carbs easily, but the fucking calories are killing me.

Bagels
Muffins
Dates are dense. If you eat any fruit i recommend subbing in dates
Have a bowl of cereal with milk

thats my problem, I have to stick no more than 75g fat, 80'ish sugar. So no peanut butter, or hot dogs.

So by 4pm I'm only around 1700 calories

Breakfast
1.5 cups egg whites with some bacon bits and cheese
1 banana
Protein shake with unsweetned almond milk

so basically 511 calories

early lunch

Turkey tenderloin (6 oz)
Brown Rice (1 cup

later lunch early dinner

Bentilia pasta
440 calories.

Even if I manage to get 500 calories per meal, I gotta eat 5+ meals a day to get to 2700

in my cycle log thread, check out my diet and you can get some ideas on how i do it bro...

Dylan, you are an immutable force of nature. I just cant eat a lot of stuff you do.

Like chicken breast, meh that greek non fat yogurt tastes like paper mache paste. bleh.

Damn, anythign that tastes good is bad, and what tastes bad is good.

Dylan, you are an immutable force of nature. I just cant eat a lot of stuff you do.

Like chicken breast, meh that greek non fat yogurt tastes like paper mache paste. bleh.

Damn, anythign that tastes good is bad, and what tastes bad is good.

LOLL i understand bro. if you look at my evening meal, i get 500-600 calories and its very very clean... the eggs and oatmeal portion... you might want to look at that...

Bagels
Muffins
Dates are dense. If you eat any fruit i recommend subbing in dates
Have a bowl of cereal with milk

bagels or muffins arent a bad idea, but cereal with milk is probably too much fat, and honestly, not that high in calories either. I've tried the Cherios Multi grain with 2% 2 Cups, thats 338 calories

bro the most caloric dense food is basic white pasta. 10 ounces is like 200g carbs plus a little protein. you can eat your veggies and fruits throughout the day, but when you want mass cals, PASTA. nothing beats it, not even rice.

you can add tomato sauce or something as well, that's just extra carbs on pasta. little to no fat

I'm gonna look into that more for ideas, thx again Dylan.

for sure brother... pm me anytime too and i can help with further discussion... just let me know... i know every way around shit like this with diet bro... trust me on that one...

bagels or muffins arent a bad idea, but cereal with milk is probably too much fat, and honestly, not that high in calories either. I've tried the Cherios Multi grain with 2% 2 Cups, thats 338 calories

2-3 cups of ff milk, scoop of whey, and the cereal of your choice. There are more dense cereals than cheerios

Ive been bulking for 2 years now.I went from 175lbs to a steady 210 lbs now.I eat anything from peanut butter on hot dogs to oatmeal every morning.Usually I boil chicken breast and white rice.Cook hamburgers a lot with potatoes.Now deer season is coming in.I make about 8 sticks of deer bologna,jerky and grind pounds of deer burger.Like RickRock Ill even eat poptarts at least once a week.After I lift I take protein with creatine and glutamine.While I lift I take a preworkout and bcaas (fruit punch flavor)Hope this helps.

Wait a minute, did you say peanut butter on hot dogs?

Basic macros are 200g protein, 250 carbs, 25 fiber, 80g sugar, 75 fat.

I can get to protein and carbs easily, but the fucking calories are killing me.

Those macros equals 2,475 calories. I'm not sure where you are getting 2,700 from.

That was almost the same as my cutting diet and it's super easy to hit those macros.
I can set you up with a meal plan if you like, just PM me.

Peanut butter and olive oil are my friends when trying to keep calories high, but since you are trying to keep fats low you'll have to use those sparingly.

I'll tell you right now one of my secret weapons is pop tarts. A lot of people wouldn't call them a "clean" food, because of the sugar etc...but without getting into the whole IIFYM debate I will say it works extremely well for me to add about 400 calories per day with about 80 plus grams of carbs that tastes good with pretty low fat content....and I'm not alone. It's a,popular diet addition in the bodybuilding world

ahhh, olive oil and pop tarts i use the same when needed lol. i like to add a spoon full oil to my shakes when i need to get those extra calories and very easy to consume

Last edited:
ahhh, olive oil and pop tarts i use the same when needed lol. i like to add a spoon full oil to my shakes when i need to get those extra calories and very easy to consume
I agree bro! I add the olive oil to my prebed shake that not only adds calories I need, but also slows protein absorption to keep that protein synthesis working all night long. Double win

I agree bro! I add the olive oil to my prebed shake that not only adds calories I need, but also slows protein absorption to keep that protein synthesis working all night long. Double win

excellent point about the absorption rate of protein thats mixed with oil ! some advanced insight right there for reals, makes sense i never thought of that thanks bro

Top Bottom