napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Farritin levels or RBC

RUCingdsgainz

VIP Member
So I have always had an issue with my RBC on cycle and have had to donate multiple times sometimes within 3 weeks of the last donation.

I noticed that even after donating I will still have issue such has shortness of breath which is the worst and biggest concern of mine as well as head ache pressure and dizziness.

I always thought this was due to a thickening of the blood.

id like to point out that donating blood def helps with the head pressure mOst of the time but th shortness of breath seems to stick around.

I take something called Natto Serra by doctors choice which I noticed helps thin thin the blood.

I just recently found out that Ferritin is most likely the cause of the shortness of breath and would explain why even after donating I still have the shortness of breath.

has anyone done any research into this?

i have somewhat, yes... it pretty much centers around iron... do you have any issues there in the past in terms of anemia or low iron ?

So I have always had an issue with my RBC on cycle and have had to donate multiple times sometimes within 3 weeks of the last donation.

I noticed that even after donating I will still have issue such has shortness of breath which is the worst and biggest concern of mine as well as head ache pressure and dizziness.

I always thought this was due to a thickening of the blood.

id like to point out that donating blood def helps with the head pressure mOst of the time but th shortness of breath seems to stick around.

I take something called Natto Serra by doctors choice which I noticed helps thin thin the blood.

I just recently found out that Ferritin is most likely the cause of the shortness of breath and would explain why even after donating I still have the shortness of breath.

has anyone done any research into this?
Me? No.

i would discuss this with the ladies at the blood bank and they can advise you further

If you're producing more RBCs you're using more iron. Iron is used to make hemoglobulin in the blood and is what oxygen actually attaches to. Ferritin is just another word for stored iron, it's actually more complicated than just ferritin but a lab on that is usually sufficient to know what is happening with your iron stores. If your hemoglobin is low compared to hematocrit (it should be about 1/3rd the number, not much less) then your oxygen carrying capacity of your RBCs is hindered. A precursor to developing anemia is usually an elevated RDW, this means your body is trying to compensate for lack of oxygen by making more blood cells. I'd get a full CBC panel to see what is happening.

If you're producing more RBCs you're using more iron. Iron is used to make hemoglobulin in the blood and is what oxygen actually attaches to. Ferritin is just another word for stored iron, it's actually more complicated than just ferritin but a lab on that is usually sufficient to know what is happening with your iron stores. If your hemoglobin is low compared to hematocrit (it should be about 1/3rd the number, not much less) then your oxygen carrying capacity of your RBCs is hindered. A precursor to developing anemia is usually an elevated RDW, this means your body is trying to compensate for lack of oxygen by making more blood cells. I'd get a full CBC panel to see what is happening.
perfectly said bro

This is excellent insight! Thank you for posting this!

i would discuss this with the ladies at the blood bank and they can advise you further
Oh I have since I was donating every three weeks believe me I asked plenty of questions but most of them just have a phlebotomy certificate and don’t really have to much insight on much anything else

Excellent input man. Yes ferritin I know stores iron and I believe have to little iron can produce the loss of breath effect which I suffer from constantly on cycle. I am about to start another cycle in 4 days and this time around now that o have acquired this new info I will def check my levels the right way. For the longest time I thought that I would never be able to stay on TRT dude to this side effect I suffer from as not being able to breath is miserable. But I’m hoping now I’ll be able to.

Perfect reply here

I produce a lot of rbc. When I'm on TRT (100mg) my rbc rise above the normal level. I was donating blood every 3-4 months for years and developed anemia (low ferritin and other iron markers). I stopped donating and my iron/ferritin levels went back to normal. I have to donate less often.

I produce a lot of rbc. When I'm on TRT (100mg) my rbc rise above the normal level. I was donating blood every 3-4 months for years and developed anemia (low ferritin and other iron markers). I stopped donating and my iron/ferritin levels went back to normal. I have to donate less often.
So you were donating even tho you didn’t need to? And that’s why you got anemia ? I was donating every three weeks at one point and never got anemia

So you were donating even tho you didn’t need to? And that’s why you got anemia ? I was donating every three weeks at one point and never got anemia
No. I was donating because I needed to. My RBC/hemoglobin runs high. Even on TRT it creeps up. So, in order to keep it down I'd have to donate. In the process I developed anemia from donating every 3-4 months. I stopped donating and my iron levels went back to normal. However, I keep my TRT at a lower dose.

Top Bottom