napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Evaluate your MINDSET here...

44YOGearHead

Courtesy the 44 I'm gonna provide a lil' twisted perspective to your reality, but first here's a couple of definitions:

per·cep·tion

pərˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: perception; plural noun: perceptions

the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.
"the normal limits to human perception"
the state of being or process of becoming aware of something through the senses.
"the perception of pain"
synonyms:recognition, awareness, consciousness, appreciation, realization, knowledge, grasp, understanding, comprehension, apprehension; formalcognizance
"our perception of our own limitations"
a way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression.
"Hollywood's perception of the tastes of the American public"
synonyms:impression, idea, conception, notion, thought, belief, judgment, estimation
"popular perceptions of old age"
intuitive understanding and insight.
"“He wouldn't have accepted,” said my mother with unusual perception"
synonyms:insight, perceptiveness, percipience, perspicacity, understanding, sharpness, sharp-wittedness, intelligence, intuition, cleverness, incisiveness, trenchancy, astuteness, shrewdness, acuteness, acuity, discernment, sensitivity, penetration, thoughtfulness, profundity; formalperspicuity
"he talks with great perception"
PsychologyZoology
the neurophysiological processes, including memory, by which an organism becomes aware of and interprets external stimuli.

Origin
late Middle English: from Latin perceptio(n-), from the verb percipere ‘seize, understand’ (see perceive).

re·al·i·ty
rēˈalədē/
noun
noun: reality

the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
"he refuses to face reality"
synonyms:the real world, real life, actuality; More
truth;
physical existence
"distinguishing fantasy from reality"
antonyms:fantasy
a thing that is actually experienced or seen, especially when this is grim or problematic.
plural noun: realities
"the harsh realities of life in a farming community"
synonyms:fact, actuality, truth
"the harsh realities of life"
a thing that exists in fact, having previously only existed in one's mind.
"the paperless office may yet become a reality"
the quality of being lifelike or resembling an original.
"the reality of Marryat's detail"
synonyms:verisimilitude, authenticity, realism, fidelity, faithfulness
"the reality of Steinbeck's detail"
antonyms:idealism
relating to reality TV.
modifier noun: reality
"a reality show"
the state or quality of having existence or substance.
"youth, when death has no reality"
Philosophy
existence that is absolute, self-sufficient, or objective, and not subject to human decisions or conventions.

Okay, what the fuck ever right? Just remember perception and reality. Here's my reality and perception of myself. I'm okay at best, I'm a great person and human being I live, love and learn. Am I a big guy? Sure. If I were to "cut" I'd look dumb without adding more size first. There are a few opinions out there I respect in regards to my physique and if I were to somehow contribute more to my own success I might be what I consider ideal. Reality is however, I am pretty fucking happy where I'm at. I have short comings and will readily admit them and not have my feelings hurt behind them. Nobody is perfect and it takes a helluva person to chase and achieve 'perfect' or damn close to it. I admire the folks who can do all that it takes to have that look, but at my age and with my obligations I'm not chasing it. I'll assist you to what capabilities I can indeed, pick my brain, I'll pick yours and we can be better for it. My perception of self... see above, I'm good bro. I love and accept you all as brothers/sisters in Iron.
Now what I ask you to do. UNDERSTAND that this is a work in progress, but DON'T use that as an excuse to go easy on yourself. That's just a freaking excuse and it's sad. Make each session in the gym optimal. Comfort need not exist in the gym. Example: Today I was doing incline barbell bench press. I'm a bit under the weather, but I still started out at 225 for 20 reps as a warm up, did a follow up of 225 for 14 and then did a few sets of 300 for 8 and two of 315 for 8. Here's the kicker and what I want you to think of fuck my numbers, if I pushed myself and was healthy I'd have gone heavier... a guy who considered himself to be a big guy I guess (and a lot of folks might've considered him to be a big guy maybe) came to the incline bench behind me and started out with 205. He went up to 225 for a short set and then was done... wtf? Dont wear a torn up tee and walk around like you're a big dog if you're not willing to go hard. We have our limitations, true, but lets fucking break thru them. Five pounds more is MORE. Better even in small increments is still better. Do yourself a favor and be the best you possible. Don't settle when it comes to yourself. This is a lifelong journey and unless you're old as fuck and half dead there are no excuses. Don't aspire to get big too fast, but don't wanna take your sweet ass time either fuckboy. Give yourself 3-5 years to be the bad ass behemoth. Imagine yourself in ten years if you're 25... you can be a beast. Even if you're 40, imagine yourself in 5 years... be a bad ass. Just be a fucking bad ass. Alter your reality and perception and make yourself a bad ass.

Last edited:
this is some really strong words that i absolutely love... not like you and i are not very close anyway but that made me respect you even more than i already do, if thats possible... this is right up my alley and hearing you speak like this just solidifies what i always say and think about you bro... this is top quality writing from a top quality person...

44 I watch for your post for 2 reasons. 1 being it's always some real ass content some are afraid to say and 2 the gifs we get of the women. I may still be a newbie to this forum but there is about 8 guys just off the top of my head that make this forum real.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, Dylan you already know what time it is bro. Sweetjones... my gifs are epic and the stuff I manage to say is the result of two things my being brutally honest and the atmosphere bred here by Dylan. Trust me, if this place wasn't what it was assholes like myself wouldn't be allowed here to keep it straight up.
Even being slightly under the weather the gym is the one place where we know it's all meant to be left on the floor. The gym is ours to rule over, it's our house... somebody in there might think it's theirs... but we know that mofo knows in his heart it's ours.
Assert your inner 44.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom