napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Eating when sick

Saiyan

Title says it all. Phurious was sick a couple weeks ago. The RR had it. Now I have it. Can barely swallow. Looks like I'll be having a few shakes to keep from dying. The lady did make some chicken noodle soup in the crop it. So I slid a few noodles and broth down. And now looking through my decently extensive tea cabinet. Hitting some Jade Citrus Mint loose leaf tea with some honey.
What do you guys eat. Another day of this and I'm going to give up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a few days and rest up. Thats what i did. Or u will be sicker longer

PHURIOUS

Try to eat micronutrient dense food (even if you have to blend it--a protein shake with some greek yogurt, frozen fruit, spinach, flax, etc) and drink as much water as possible. It's a good time to stay out of the gym for a few days, which will allow for recovery as well. Feel better!

If you can't hold food down, then just do a liquid diet. Nothing heavy. Gatoraid, maybe some ginger ale, you can try some low fat chicken broth. and just ride it out. Don't worry about losing a few pounds, you will get it right back when you are feeling better. Of course it always helps to have a good woman by your side as well. I'm a big baby when I'm sick!

You should just let your body rest. Drink lots of vitamin C, (emergen-C) and make sure you're drinking lots of fluids. Electrolytes will help replenish your body. if you really feel the need to force feed yourself then do what jm750 recommended; a liquid diet.

There's really no point in fighting it man. Trust me. All you can do is what you can do, and let you body fight it off. I didn't eat ANYTHING for about 30 hours. Nada.....nothing. I lost about 7 lbs overnight. Couldn't keep anything down. Then I spent the next week trying to build my appetite up, and it was a struggle. I just worked at it and built on it a little each day.

In the grand scope of things it's not a big deal. Your body will rebound from it. I've even regained pretty much everything I lost on weight. In time your appetite will come back, but I can't stress enough how important it is to keep the fluids going.

Hope you get over it soon brother

There's really no point in fighting it man. Trust me. All you can do is what you can do, and let you body fight it off. I didn't eat ANYTHING for about 30 hours. Nada.....nothing. I lost about 7 lbs overnight. Couldn't keep anything down. Then I spent the next week trying to build my appetite up, and it was a struggle. I just worked at it and built on it a little each day.

In the grand scope of things it's not a big deal. Your body will rebound from it. I've even regained pretty much everything I lost on weight. In time your appetite will come back, but I can't stress enough how important it is to keep the fluids going.

Hope you get over it soon brother

this right here. Let it run it's course. Don't let the mental fuck of it all get to you. Cause it will if you let it.

I'm sick right now, too. Oh joy! I'm one of those fortunate shmucks that rarely ever loses his appetite when sick (unless I have a ton of nausea). Liquifying calories as a lot of guys just suggested is a good place to start.

Tell you what man....
In the diet you just gotta force it down and not give two fucks about what you add in to compensate for those couple days.

If your trying to gain of course.... whatever it takes to keep you going. If I'm sick and all I cam handle is stuff like ice cream or shakes. You bet your ass Il get over it and eat ice cream and shakes for a couple days lol. Is what it is. Couple days won't hurt.

Man especially when I'm on cycle or in the middle of a good bulk. Just gotta modify to keep going without really putting your body under more stress.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

And keep the fluid intake up. If that means instead of drinking a full gallon of water, you drink half a gallon of gatorade and half a gallon of water then do it.

Hydration is most important.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

And don't be in a rush to get back to the Gym! Let your body rest as long as it needs it. Look at getting sick as nature's way of telling you to take a break.

And don't be in a rush to get back to the Gym! Let your body rest as long as it needs it. Look at getting sick as nature's way of telling you to take a break.

Agreed. Sometimes a small layoff from training can be very beneficial anyways. Take the R&R when your body tells you to

Top Bottom