napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Drinking a gallon to a gallon and a 1/2 of water each day

mixc8

Hi Crew:

I have a problem, the school of thought is to drink a gallon to a gallon and a 1/2 of water each day. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get past a 1/2 gallon of water each day. One problem I face is when I try to drink that much water I feel bloated and have to pee all the time. I came across this doctor on line who states that drinking a gallon of water a day is actually bad for you? I asked a friend at the gym does he drink a gallon a day and he states when he does it makes him hold water weight so he stop drinking that much, I also see a lot of guys/gals at the gym carrying a gallon jug of water with them and no mater where they go they are sipping on water. My concern is the bloat I get from trying to down a gallon and added water weight. I do understand the benefits of drinking a gallon a day but I can't seem to get that much down, I try sipping on water all day long and still cant seem to get a gallon down. I would like to hear others insight on this please :D

mixc8 said:
Hi Crew:

I have a problem, the school of thought is to drink a gallon to a gallon and a 1/2 of water each day. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get past a 1/2 gallon of water each day. One problem I face is when I try to drink that much water I feel bloated and have to pee all the time. I came across this doctor on line who states that drinking a gallon of water a day is actually bad for you? I asked a friend at the gym does he drink a gallon a day and he states when he does it makes him hold water weight so he stop drinking that much, I also see a lot of guys/gals at the gym carrying a gallon jug of water with them and no mater where they go they are sipping on water. My concern is the bloat I get from trying to down a gallon and added water weight. I do understand the benefits of drinking a gallon a day but I can't seem to get that much down, I try sipping on water all day long and still cant seem to get a gallon down. I would like to hear others insight on this please :D

You have it completely backwards brother. Drinking a minimum of a gallon of water per day does not bloat you in any way whatsoever. The more water you drink, the more dry you will get. This is from the flushing effect your body gets. The more intake, the more output and that's why you pee all the time. It's just part of the lifestyle. Anytime i get busy like on the weekends and not get my proper water in, is when I bloat up. You have to understand how the hormone aldosterone works in the body. Drink plenty of water and it will signal your body to get rid of even more, leading to a dryer, harder appearance. It's when you don't get enough, that aldosterone signals your body to stop excreting the water, because it goes into survival mode and holds onto as much water as it can giving that bloated look.

Whoever told you that drinking a gallon of water per day is bad for you is complete moron. It's very healthy for you, and helps to detoxify and cleanse your system. Proper hydration is CRUCIAL for everything in this lifestyle. Drinking a gallon of water is very easy in my opinion. I generally have a half gallon in me by the time I leave the gym early in the morning. You just have to man up and get it done. It's really as simple as that. Your body will adapt and it becomes second nature after a while. I measure mine by drinking 16 oz at a time. Then counting those. 8 16oz glasses of water is one gallon, so I go for at least 12 a day

Your the best Rick! I am going to give your method a try. Don't get me wrong I know I need to do it, I just have to find a way to get all that down :D

Just keep a gallon jug on you, that's what I have to do or i won't drink enough water. I don't see how guys don't drink at least a gallon, if I don't drink water almost all day I feel dry and cramp. I actually wake up thirsty and drink more water, I drink a gallon and a half easy. Hydration is a very important part of muscle growth, if you dehydrated your muscles your only hurting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree I am going to get the gallon jug today! I normally get a case of bottled water from Costco and drink as many of the 16.9oz bottles a day as I can.

I don't measure how much I drink because as long as my piss is water clear then I am good. I work outside a good bit and I know I must get a good bit more than 1.5 gallons. If I am inside most of the day I may drin ka gallon, but piss in the bowel and check the color. I can pee three times and don;t flush it and wifey never knows..lol

I never really like the gallon jug look, I think some people look at you funny but I don't care anymore lol. It's the only way I know I'm getting enough water. I take it with me everywhere lol, people are like do you really drink that much water... I just tell them it's my magic drug hahaha.

drb_iac said:
I don't measure how much I drink because as long as my piss is water clear then I am good. I work outside a good bit and I know I must get a good bit more than 1.5 gallons. If I am inside most of the day I may drin ka gallon, but piss in the bowel and check the color. I can pee three times and don;t flush it and wifey never knows..lol

I agree I don't measure either, I just know no matter what I'll be drinking at least one and a half of my jugs before the day is over.

Rick is right on the money with this. Ill admit tho. I tend to slack a bit at times. I really never count the ounces of water intake. But im usually always sipping on it so i do get my fair share in

I agree! I normally try to get down a gallon but I do measure things by my pee :D It has to be clear and not yellow, if I see it's yellow I started downing water until it becomes clear again. And your right I am not really with the gallon jug look :D LOL When I go to local bodybuilding shows here in NY most of everyone in the audience is carrying a gallon jug and wearing tight spandex :D

mixc8 said:
I agree! I normally try to get down a gallon but I do measure things by my pee :D It has to be clear and not yellow, if I see it's yellow I started downing water until it becomes clear again. And your right I am not really with the gallon jug look :D LOL When I go to local bodybuilding shows here in NY most of everyone in the audience is carrying a gallon jug and wearing tight spandex And eating chicken and rice out of their tupperware, so everyone knows they are body builders

I Fixed it for ya! lol :D :D

Re: RE: Re: Drinking a gallon to a gallon and a 1/2 of water each day

JM750 said:
mixc8 said:
I agree! I normally try to get down a gallon but I do measure things by my pee :D It has to be clear and not yellow, if I see it's yellow I started downing water until it becomes clear again. And your right I am not really with the gallon jug look :D LOL When I go to local bodybuilding shows here in NY most of everyone in the audience is carrying a gallon jug and wearing tight spandex And eating chicken and rice out of their tupperware, so everyone knows they are body builders

Ha-ha! And that's the honest truth too. I've been to enough shows to notice this, and sorry but when I go to shows you won't see me eating out of Tupperware. I didn't even do that when I was competing that day. I still went out and had a burger after prejudging. What the hell most people don't realize is if you are competing that day that chicken and rice isn't going to do shit for you. Not like that one meal is going to make a difference. However, going out and having a high fat, moderate carb, and high sodium meal after prejudging will fill you out, get you hard and grainy, and vascular as fuck as long as you keep the water down and just have a few sips to wash down the food. ;)

RickRock said:
JM750 said:
"mixc8" said:

Ha-ha! And that's the honest truth too. I've been to enough shows to notice this, and sorry but when I go to shows you won't see me eating out of Tupperware. I didn't even do that when I was competing that day. I still went out and had a burger after prejudging. What the hell most people don't realize is if you are competing that day that chicken and rice isn't going to do shit for you. Not like that one meal is going to make a difference. However, going out and having a high fat, moderate carb, and high sodium meal after prejudging will fill you out, get you hard and grainy, and vascular as fuck as long as you keep the water down and just have a few sips to wash down the food. ;)

You mean you wasn't throwing back pop-tarts lol, that's how all the pros get big man!

If Bodybuilders ate Alpo dog food out of the can, those same wanabee's in the audience would be there eating it to. :D
It's such a joke. And I see them there with their protein shakes as well. A show is a few hrs long at best. Like, they are gonna die if they miss a shake.
Gimme a break! LMAO

Ya i drink water by the litre. Its easier. I just drink it throughout the day. I probly consume 3-4 of those a day. Sometimes more

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Ahahahahaha you guys are killing me! :D and Rick you are right, long gone are the days where I was using a the little portable suitcase on wheels to carry around my meals trying to eat every 2 hours. :D And yes I wore the spandex back in the day walking around NYC looking like a fool :oops: I would work out at the New York Sports club which was a fun & funny place because people back then didn't come to work out, they came to find a date LOL :D I mean you would see fine and I mean find woman with the tightest stuff they could fit into, with full make up, finger and toe nails polished to the max and their hair looking like they just come from the beauty salon and not doing a single exercise. And the dudes where a riot! :D They would wear real tight spandex pants with a muscle shirt trying to show the woman their Johnson's bulging though the spandex :D . then you had the guys to had to be the loudest in the gym :D they had to grunt the loudest they could every time they picked up a weight even if it was 10lbs and then slam the weight on the floor. Then you had the guys who has the latest muscle clothing and head bands that where so skinny, posing in front of the mirror and looking to see what woman was looking at them LOL Sure was the good old days.

mixc8 said:
I agree! I normally try to get down a gallon but I do measure things by my pee :D It has to be clear and not yellow, if I see it's yellow I started downing water until it becomes clear again. And your right I am not really with the gallon jug look :D LOL When I go to local bodybuilding shows here in NY most of everyone in the audience is carrying a gallon jug and wearing tight spandex :D

yeah you want your pee clear - but if you wait until your pee is yellow to drink it is too late because you are already dehydrated- Preventative is the key - drink the water beforehand and stay hydrated

Another thing I notice and I am sure you guys experience this as well is some supplements I take cause my pee to come out a high yellow which also makes me think I am not getting enough water! Example Animal Pak does this to me as well as a few other GNC vitamin packs I may take, does the same thing. But your right just keep drinking water is the best route to take.

mixc8 said:
Another thing I notice and I am sure you guys experience this as well is some supplements I take cause my pee to come out a high yellow which also makes me think I am not getting enough water! Example Animal Pak does this to me as well as a few other GNC vitamin packs I may take, does the same thing. But your right just keep drinking water is the best route to take.

yeah ive had that happen to me before too. Be careful with that though because extra supplements/vitamins and stuff can put strain on your kidneys and dehydrate you more then normal - especially something like Animal Pack because there are so many pills. Stuff like Creatine also dehydrates me so I have to consume EXTRA water. I would just consume extra water in relation to how many supps you are taking. Also Not taking all the supps at once helps not be so taxing - space it out a bit through the day. For instance, i take half of my multi in morning, the other half in evening - this also helps with vitamin absorption because of vitamins that are Water Soluble you need a constant supply throughout the day - if you take excess Vit C for instance, you will just piss out the unused Vit C - which also may be a reason when you take Animal Pack your piss is weird yellow.

Spiked. You make a good point. I need to start spacing mine out as well. Sweetnspicy and i had this conversation not long ago. She said the same thing. I take mine all at once cause ill forget if i split it up.

Top Bottom