napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

BF calculation

Gun1down

How is everyone coming up with their BF measurements.I know mine is very low as there is literally muscle and skin visually. HGH has shredded me I believe. Would that still make me around 10% as I never see any posts lower than that.

My gym has a machine called ?inbody?
It measures weight. Body fat and skeletal muscle mass.
I won?t say it is 100% accurate cause very little is with BF.
However I have used it as a gauge for the last 2 years. By using the same machine every Sunday at about the same time of day. I have a good running log. I can see my improvement and disappointments along the way. To me this is my way of having a decent controlled experiment

My gym has a machine called ?inbody?
It measures weight. Body fat and skeletal muscle mass.
I won?t say it is 100% accurate cause very little is with BF.
However I have used it as a gauge for the last 2 years. By using the same machine every Sunday at about the same time of day. I have a good running log. I can see my improvement and disappointments along the way. To me this is my way of having a decent controlled experiment

Inbody is where its at... I am actually opening my own group fitness gym within the next few weeks and we also have the inbody machine... Its extensive... its a $7500 unit and it does it all

How is everyone coming up with their BF measurements.I know mine is very low as there is literally muscle and skin visually. HGH has shredded me I believe. Would that still make me around 10% as I never see any posts lower than that.
Brutally honest
5'9
BF?
57 years
Photo is relaxed and not post workout
Just looking for a ballpark BF process to use.
f2782261cffc2c6db66561f29562297f.jpg

Kinda wished you'd have flexed your abs but I would say around 10%.

That pic isnt the best but I do see good separation and some chest striations. I'd also say around 10% based on the pic

Looking good for 57. I also notice some veins starting to show. That means bf is getting low. Chest and arms are also proof of it.
I won?t say my opinion on BF cause I don?t feel I?m experienced enough to judge. Those guys are.
Keep up the good work

I don't think you need to go lower than 10% unless you're competing. I like to stay around 12%. If I go lower than that my chick says I look like a crackhead.

BMI calc says I'm 3 pounds from overweight, various measurement types are all different, inbody or something similar would be the only way to know for sure I guess. No matter what it actually is I'm going to fight for 10 more pounds of Lean muscle! Easier said than done.

BMI is an absolute joke.
I am 53 6? 185 -190lb at about 8% bf and that crazy BMI says I am overweight.
That cracks me up. I do not think it takes in to consideration muscle mass.
Ignore that . You are doing great.
I have found a weight that I am comfortable and is easy to maintain. I can cut down to 7 real easy if I want or need too.
Find that sweet spot for you then just focus on adding muscle and work on the little muscles and definition..
Abs will show at the point you are at.
No it?s time to just build them.
Stay strong!!!

BMI calc says I'm 3 pounds from overweight, various measurement types are all different, inbody or something similar would be the only way to know for sure I guess. No matter what it actually is I'm going to fight for 10 more pounds of Lean muscle! Easier said than done.
BMI is a complete joke for any of us in this lifestyle

Don't even bother about what it says. It doesn't takes into consideration your muscle mass. I'm normally in the 7%-10% range, 195-205lbs and 5'10 and it says I'm overweight also.

Welcome to my world im fat as shit according to BMI!

Im about 6'9" tall and usually in the 245-265 range and literally my BMI is anywhere from 28-30 which 30+ is obese LOL!

You're definitely lean enough in my opinion. You're in perfect shape for a bulk.

Top Bottom