napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

"Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

Angel

"Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

Any advised on some good leg workouts that won't flair up these darn arthritis?
I dread leg workouts its bad enough that I can't walk normal on certain days, and now that I've been doing cardio 5days out of the week it hurts, I don't know what to do, should I just skip them completely?

Changing my life around one day at a time!!

Re:

Angel said:
I dread leg workouts its bad enough that I can't walk normal on certain days, and now that I've been doing cardio 5days out of the week it hurts, I don't know what to do, should I just skip them completely?

I would try doing body weight leg exercises first without added weight to see how they treat you, then add some lighter weight if that is going well without going too heavy. Things like body weight lunges and squats. You could even try adding a couple light DBs and moving up from there, but don't ever overdo anything. Just listen to your body and do what you can

Re: RE: Re:

RickRock said:
Angel said:

I would try doing body weight leg exercises first without added weight to see how they treat you, then add some lighter weight if that is going well without going too heavy. Things like body weight lunges and squats. You could even try adding a couple light DBs and moving up from there, but don't ever overdo anything. Just listen to your body and do what you can
Thanks RRock, I just don't know what to do, from the throbbing to the leg cramps from cardio it gets kind of painful, but I will definitely try this see how it goes thank you...

Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

I absolutely cannot do any kind of weight training with my legs dude to the extent of permanent damage done to the bone and soft tissue. When I do cardio I usually use a stationery bike at low intensity. If I don't take it easy I can feel my femur slipping around on my tibial plateau and since I don't have much use of the right foot it's one good slip and I get to push my kneecap back from the side of my leg. That's happened 3 times and you never get used to it, nor do the folks around you when it happens. I'm not going to be competing in any bodybuilding and since I very rarely wear shorts I just focus on maintenance of what I have left. You could try cortisone injections they do help with the arthritis but I don't mess with them anymore. A good hinge brace will help as well. Anything that can keep yourself from under the knife is good imo. Or a good orthopedic surgeon could do a minor arthroscopic procedure to clean it up and have you on your feet within a couple of weeks. The injections of the rooster craw (the cartilage on a male chickens head) works extremely well and has a super fast recovery time. I don't know the extent of your condition or arthritis I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I've had 4 surgeries on my right leg and 7 on my left and won't be doing anymore but there are things that will help you get back to normal in pretty impressive time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

deathbyduck87 said:
I absolutely cannot do any kind of weight training with my legs dude to the extent of permanent damage done to the bone and soft tissue. When I do cardio I usually use a stationery bike at low intensity. If I don't take it easy I can feel my femur slipping around on my tibial plateau and since I don't have much use of the right foot it's one good slip and I get to push my kneecap back from the side of my leg. That's happened 3 times and you never get used to it, nor do the folks around you when it happens. I'm not going to be competing in any bodybuilding and since I very rarely wear shorts I just focus on maintenance of what I have left. You could try cortisone injections they do help with the arthritis but I don't mess with them anymore. A good hinge brace will help as well. Anything that can keep yourself from under the knife is good imo. Or a good orthopedic surgeon could do a minor arthroscopic procedure to clean it up and have you on your feet within a couple of weeks. The injections of the rooster craw (the cartilage on a male chickens head) works extremely well and has a super fast recovery time. I don't know the extent of your condition or arthritis I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I've had 4 surgeries on my right leg and 7 on my left and won't be doing anymore but there are things that will help you get back to normal in pretty impressive time.

I feel you bro I'm almost their I just never had my knee slip, that would definitely put me out of commission, but I do get the cortisone shots every 6 months, I'm up to my neck in icy hot lol, I really don't want to be taking any pain killers my stomach is already messed up as it is from all that crap, but I'm definitely trying to do my best to keep pushing forward, thanks for the info deathbyduck..

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

Angel said:
deathbyduck87 said:

I feel you bro I'm almost their I just never had my knee slip, that would definitely put me out of commission, but I do get the cortisone shots every 6 months, I'm up to my neck in icy hot lol, I really don't want to be taking any pain killers my stomach is already messed up as it is from all that crap, but I'm definitely trying to do my best to keep pushing forward, thanks for the info deathbyduck..

I definitely agree with the pain medications. I would give anything to never have to use another narcotic pain medication but I am stuck with them. I'm not on any pain medication with Tylenol in it and I very rarely ever take a pill. I'm on a patch that I have to change every other day and it's not hard on your liver and it's impossible for me to get high unless I started chasing the dragon. I don't like the feeling of being high on opiates and don't understand it myself. It took 3 1/2 years to find a doctor competent enough to manage my pain correctly and safety. The only side effects I have are loss of appetite from time to time, drowsiness if I don't get enough sleep, occasional headache, and very very rarely my blood pressure will drop and make me dizzy. Oh and pain meds give me panic attacks. So yeah not something I enjoy but I'm dependant. Since I started test it's helped me out a ton because opiates suppress testosterone. Testosterone is actually making my life better a day at a time. AAS aren't always the monster that the media suggests because I would never have the energy without them. Are you running deca? From what I've heard at low doses it is great for joint lubrication.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

deathbyduck87 said:
Angel said:
"deathbyduck87" said:

I definitely agree with the pain medications. I would give anything to never have to use another narcotic pain medication but I am stuck with them. I'm not on any pain medication with Tylenol in it and I very rarely ever take a pill. I'm on a patch that I have to change every other day and it's not hard on your liver and it's impossible for me to get high unless I started chasing the dragon. I don't like the feeling of being high on opiates and don't understand it myself. It took 3 1/2 years to find a doctor competent enough to manage my pain correctly and safety. The only side effects I have are loss of appetite from time to time, drowsiness if I don't get enough sleep, occasional headache, and very very rarely my blood pressure will drop and make me dizzy. Oh and pain meds give me panic attacks. So yeah not something I enjoy but I'm dependant. Since I started test it's helped me out a ton because opiates suppress testosterone. Testosterone is actually making my life better a day at a time. AAS aren't always the monster that the media suggests because I would never have the energy without them. Are you running deca? From what I've heard at low doses it is great for joint lubrication.

Brother I totally feel your pain and yes the pain meds were the one that started causing all the problems for me! all the anxiety panic attack all that came from my stomach being messed up gastritis ulcers all that good shit came from the pills, that's why I try and stay away from them, for a long time I smoked and ate weed products to try and help with the pain but that shit don't work it would hurt my knees more trying to walk under the influence, I think that's what suppressed my test levels, plus gained a lot of weight to to heavy, will be getting on a test cycle soon hope that helps I'm also thinking of trying some Pure Essence products just don't know how my stomach will react to them I'm a f***n mess...

Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

I had ibs up until I was about 21 and upper g.i. bullshit because I had a serious soda addiction lol. My esophagus looked like I had herpes and I had to have it stretched. That is the worst possible thing that a person can go through as far as anxiety is concerned. I knew where every public restroom was for 50 miles in every direction. Even if you don't plan on using gear to get big the test will help you out a ton and calm you down. Well it worked for me anyway. I know that low t made me feel absolutely no motivation to do anything but lay around miserable. I had no appetite no sex drive at all and no confidence whatsoever. I really do feel for you and hope that your g.i. stuff improves. If nothing else you have more energy to do something and feel better in general. Best of luck to you bro.

Re: RE: Re: "Arthritis & leg workouts"!!

deathbyduck87 said:
I had ibs up until I was about 21 and upper g.i. bullshit because I had a serious soda addiction lol. My esophagus looked like I had herpes and I had to have it stretched. That is the worst possible thing that a person can go through as far as anxiety is concerned. I knew where every public restroom was for 50 miles in every direction. Even if you don't plan on using gear to get big the test will help you out a ton and calm you down. Well it worked for me anyway. I know that low t made me feel absolutely no motivation to do anything but lay around miserable. I had no appetite no sex drive at all and no confidence whatsoever. I really do feel for you and hope that your g.i. stuff improves. If nothing else you have more energy to do something and feel better in general. Best of luck to you bro.

That's crazy I had the same esophagus problems i thought i was going to dye, crazy shit lol, but I was able to get mine reversed, any ways ever since I got better I started eating well working out hard and I dropped over a hundred pounds I'm still big but my life stile has changed for the best just got to deal with these darn arthritis few stomach issues but other than that I'm good, I get a lot of support from the AR family and the best it yet to come, thanks bud and best wishes..

Re:

Angel-All you need to do right now is walk. You can try squats with just the bar. You just need to move. How about a bicycle? Ride around the neighborhood for 30 minutes.

drb_iac said:
Angel-All you need to do right now is walk. You can try squats with just the bar. You just need to move. How about a bicycle? Ride around the neighborhood for 30 minutes.
I have bad knees and that's what I've been doing. Squats with the bar (20 reps) and leg press with low weight for high reps.

drb_iac said:
That's exactly right. You always and any to stay within your limitations, and do what you can without pushing it

drb_iac said:
Yes drb ill keep walking been doing it for awhile, lost over a hundred pounds, just trying to mix it up a little bit..

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

cbbram said:
drb_iac said:
I have bad knees and that's what I've been doing. Squats with the bar (20 reps) and leg press with low weight for high reps.
I'll give it a try next time, just need to mix it up a bit, thanks cbbram...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

Angel said:
cbbram said:
"drb_iac" said:
I'll give it a try next time, just need to mix it up a bit, thanks cbbram...

Anytime bro...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

RickRock said:
drb_iac said:
That's exactly right. You always and any to stay within your limitations, and do what you can without pushing it
True, sometimes I just have the urge to push my self to reach new goals but then my body reminds me to take it easy, soon I'll be able to maximize my workouts like I said before this is just the beginning thanks guys :)

Re: Re:

drb_iac said:

Good advice.

Re: RE: Re: Re:

JM750 said:
drb_iac said:

Good advice.
AR people are the best!!

Top Bottom