napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Arimidex question

I don't know where the heck you heard that... I studied Aromasin for quite a while and never read anything of the sort.

Not really too hard to find if you look for it. The fact that it's usually a daily dose instead of once or twice weekly like arimidex, and the fact that physicians almost always opt for the latter med makes me question long term use of it.

Hepatotoxicity
Serum enzymes are reported to be elevated in 4% to 11% of women treated with exemestane, but these elevations are usually mild, asymptomatic and self-limited, rarely requiring dose modification. There have been very rare instances of clinically apparent liver injury associated with exemestane therapy, typically arising withinone to four months of starting treatment and typically presenting with a cholestatic pattern of enzyme elevations. Immunoallergic features (fever, rash, eosinophilia) are uncommon as are autoantibody formation. Some instances have been severe with signs of hepatic failure, but most cases were self-limited. Unlike tamoxifen, exemestane has not been associated with development of fatty liver disease, steatohepatitis or cirrhosis.

Mechanism of Injury
The acute form liver injury attributed to exemestane use is probably due to an idiosyncratic reaction to a metabolite of the medication rather than its antiestrogenic effects. Exemestane is metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 system, largely via CYP 3A4. Drug-drug interactions can occur with CYP 3A4 inducers.

Price differences, dosing schedule, etc are irrelevant in your case. At 125mg per week you will be taking very little AI, if any. Ive used both arimidex and aromasin with success but currently use aromasin. Estrogen rebound is another reason BBers shy away from arimidex. Aromasin is a suicide inhibitor so you dont run that risk. Again, probably wont be a huge issue for you due to low T dosages.

Here's the thing. You came here for advice. The advice that you will get from 95% of the people here is that aromasin is the answer.

By the way, what sport do you play?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. You came here for advice. The advice that you will get from 95% of the people here is that aromasin is the answer.

By the way, what sport do you play?

I'm a waterman, surf, paddle, spearfish, strictly recreational.

You're right I am here for the advice, and my well being, and before I ingest I'm going to make sure it's the right thing, there just happens to be a discussion on several boards about the various AI's. Aromasin clearly looks like the most effective, but because of the higher doses and a few cases of acute liver failure I'm going to learn a little more before I switch.

You're right I am here for the advice, and my well being, and before I ingest I'm going to make sure it's the right thing, there just happens to be a discussion on several boards about the various AI's. Aromasin clearly looks like the most effective, but because of the higher doses and a few cases of acute liver failure I'm going to learn a little more before I switch.
Without a doubt. You owe yourself that.

You can't relate any compounds by its dose size. 12.5mg aromasin doesn't mean anything because it's higher than 0.5mg adex. Dose size in non comparable.
I use adex for my TRT through the doc. But this blast I am on aromasin from one of our sponsors. Both have kept my e2 in perfect check. But I can't say about lipids and what not because of a few reasons. A few weeks before bloods I hade to take some antibiotics/anti inflammatories so that ruined my liver check. And then they did not draw for lipids like planned. So future tests will tell for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom