Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT and Arimidex

Hey guys,

Been on TRT (150mg a week) for about 6 months now. My doctor has me taking .5mg of arimidex a week. The bottle says take it once a week. However, thought it might be a better idea to split that and take it twice a week. (So .25mg 2x a week instead of .5mg 1xweek.)

However, I am starting to get real annoyed because whenever I use my pill splitter, it always messes up one of the quarter of the pills. Meaning, it breaks up where I can't even use it. So I'm essentially wasting 1/4 of the arimidex pill.

Do any of you guys just take arimidex 1x a week? Only reason I decided to split it is because I figured it would help control my estrogen better as opposed to 1x a week. But does it make much of a difference?

Thanks.
Shouldn't need it

So I get what you guys are saying, and I appreciate your responses.

But based on my numbers, after 6 months of using 150mg of test a week, and .5 mg of arimidex a week, my estrogen (estradiol) went from 27 to 29. I know most if not all of you guys are endocrinologists, but if I were to stop the .5mg of arimidex a week, you don't see my estrogen going higher? Considering it went up 2 points using the arimidex. If it does go up a little higher, should I not worry as much?

I am using a Hormonal clinic for this. My doctor won't recommend me for TRT because my total test levels were about 350 and I would prefer to go this route than UG. I know I pay a little more, but I am fine with that. But like you guys said, I don't want to pay for things I don't need.

I used to get TRT from a well known local san diego clinic. One of the OG places. They did routine blood work every few months and wouldn't even blink at an estradiol less than 45.
My test levels were around 700-750 and estradiol sat at about 35-40 on 125-150mg per week for years. Clinically normal estradiol for a healthy male is 40-50 on the high end..age dependant obviously.
All about the ratio.
What is your test blood level? That is honestly the most important question here.
I realize nobody is really answering your question about a once a week dose either.. damn tangents.

So I get what you guys are saying, and I appreciate your responses.

But based on my numbers, after 6 months of using 150mg of test a week, and .5 mg of arimidex a week, my estrogen (estradiol) went from 27 to 29. I know most if not all of you guys are endocrinologists, but if I were to stop the .5mg of arimidex a week, you don't see my estrogen going higher? Considering it went up 2 points using the arimidex. If it does go up a little higher, should I not worry as much?

I am using a Hormonal clinic for this. My doctor won't recommend me for TRT because my total test levels were about 350 and I would prefer to go this route than UG. I know I pay a little more, but I am fine with that. But like you guys said, I don't want to pay for things I don't need.
I DO NOT like using an AI unless absolutely necessary... im a proponent of always having one on hand just in case but they are overprescribed to people on trt (shocking they want to get more insurance money/benefit) and using them when not necessary is something I for one find to be quite detrimental.. i cannot for see any reason for you to be using one whatsoever... i would stop it, check bloodwork after a few months again and just see for yourself.. its not as though if you stop it that your estrogen is going to go through the roof on a simple trt dose.. if you are overly concerned, use the supplement DIM, which is a natural aid for estrogen because you should not need any more than that... a good estradiol number, IMO, is in the lower to mid 30's for most...

Top Bottom