napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

AICAR?

bdelta173

I was wondering if anyone had some solid info on AICAR, and if it would be worthwhile to try? I've read it does wonders for endurance (which really appeals to me) but was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

Re: RE: AICAR?

bdelta173 said:
I was wondering if anyone had some solid info on AICAR, and if it would be worthwhile to try? I've read it does wonders for endurance (which really appeals to me) but was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?
I don't know much about it but from my understanding, the amount of AIRCAR that is needed to actually get the true benefits, is extremely expensive.

Re: RE: AICAR?

bdelta173 said:
Supposedly it has a great synergy when ran with GW. However the endurance increase isn't as good as GW I've heard, and it is also extremely expensive to run, which is probably why you don't hear a lot about it

Here is some of the general information on aicar for you...

5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide (AICAR) is an intermediate in the generation of inosine monophosphate. AICAR is an analog of adenosine monophosphate (AMP) that is capable of stimulating AMP-dependent protein kinase (AMPK) activity. AICAR has been used clinically to treat and protect against cardiac ischemic injury. The drug was first used in the 1980s as a method to preserve blood flow to the heart during surgery] Currently, the drug has also been shown as a potential treatment for diabetes by increasing the metabolic activity of tissues by changing the physical composition of muscle

Mechanism of action

Acadesine is an analog of adenosine that enters cardiac cells to inhibit adenosine kinase and adenosine deaminase. It enhances the rate of nucleotide re-synthesis increasing adenosine generation from adenosine monophosphate only during conditions of myocardial ischemia.[4] In cardiac myocytes, acadesine is phosphorylated to AICAR to activate AMPK without changing the levels of the nucleotides. AICAR is able to enter the de novo synthesis pathway for adenosine synthesis to inhibit adenosine deaminase causing an increase in ATP levels and adenosine levels.
Medical use

A brief period of coronary arterial occlusion followed by reperfusion prior to prolonged ischemia is known as preconditioning. It has been shown that this is protective. Preconditioning preceded myocardial infarction, may delay cell death and allow for greater salvage of myocardium through reperfusion therapy. AICAR has been shown to precondition the heart shortly before or during ischemia. AICAR triggers a preconditioned anti-inflammatory state by increasing NO production from endothelial nitric oxide synthase. When AICAR is given 24 hours prior to reperfusion, it prevents post ischemic leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesive interactions with increased NO production. AICAR-dependent preconditioning is also mediated by an ATP-sensitive potassium channel and hemeoxygenase-dependent mechanism. It increases AMPK-dependent recruitment of ATP-sensitive K channels to the sarcolemma causing the action potential duration to shorten, and preventing calcium overload during reperfusion. The decrease in calcium overload prevents inflammation activation by ROS. AICAR also increases AMPK-dependent glucose uptake through translocation of GLUT-4 which is beneficial for the heart during post-ischemic reperfusion. The increase in glucose during AICAR preconditioning lengthens the period for preconditioning up to 2 hours in rabbits and 40 minutes in humans undergoing coronary ligation. As a result, AICAR reduces the frequency and size of myocardial infarcts up to 25% in humans allowing improved blood flow to the heart. As well, the treatment has been shown to decrease the risk of an early death and improve recovery after surgery from an ischemic injury.

bdelta173 said:
Appreciate the info and input fellas!

Anytime brother, however I am sorry there is not more extensive info on it... It's just not there and has not been bro... Its kind of a "mystique" type of drug because there's just so much curiosity surrounding it... I have seen the benefits on some from it but I have not used it myself to give you an even better detail on it...

I've looked into this so much. Lol. But it's so damn expensive for the amount needed to be of any benefit it's just not worth it. Once again, just doing the hard work and putting in the time is the smart way to go.

There are alternatives, what kind of endurance are you looking into?

Re: RE: Re: AICAR?

bdelta173 said:
Mainly looking to get my cardio way up there. Along with gaining lean mass, and strength.
Have you tried GW before? It is absolutely amazing for endurance, and the sponsor here pure essence has the highest quality stuff you can find

aicar is more of a compliment to gw and is not nearly as strong or as effective on its own... gw definitely trumps aicar all the way around...

Top Bottom