napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

2 Ingredient *NO-FLOUR* Pancakes

This goes out to my man, RickRock, a fellow pancake connoisseur:

1 banana, mashed with fork or mixer till its a smooth paste
Add 2 whole eggs, whisk till blended.

You, sir, now have the healthiest "pancake" batter on the planet! Cook these in a pan or a griddle just as you would flour pancakes and you'll be amazed at how light and spongy they are! I like mine a little more on the "cakey" side so I mix in a tsp of psyllium husk and they fluff right up, but it's not necessary.

Mangia!

prestigealaska said:

You, sir, now have the healthiest "pancake" batter on the planet! Cook these in a pan or a griddle just as you would flour pancakes and you'll be amazed at how light and spongy they are! I like mine a little more on the "cakey" side so I mix in a tsp of psyllium husk and they fluff right up, but it's not necessary.

Mangia!

Glad you posted this man! I enjoy protein pancakes EVERY weekend, which are similar to these, except mine goes like this...

1/2 cup oats
3 scoops protein powder
3 egg whites
1 banana

Blend that all up into a mixing bowl until it becomes a batter. Thicker protein powders may require adding a bit of milk or almond milk to it for proper consistency. Cook on low to medium heat and it gives you anywhere from 3-5 very nice sized pancakes with very high protein, very little trace amounts of fats, and low carbs coming from oats and banana only. I always top it with sugar free syrup.

RickRock said:
prestigealaska said:

Mangia!

Glad you posted this man! I enjoy protein pancakes EVERY weekend, which are similar to these, except mine goes like this...

1/2 cup oats
3 scoops protein powder
3 egg whites
1 banana

Blend that all up into a mixing bowl until it becomes a batter. Thicker protein powders may require adding a bit of milk or almond milk to it for proper consistency. Cook on low to medium heat and it gives you anywhere from 3-5 very nice sized pancakes with very high protein, very little trace amounts of fats, and low carbs coming from oats and banana only. I always top it with sugar free syrup.

Excellent! Definitely doing these when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrentM said:
Nice one, gonna have to give this a shot.

Now.. what can you do about the butter and syrup ;)

LMFAO... that may defeat the purpose... LOLLLL

maybe some olive oil spray or perhaps melted peanut butter or greek yogurt topped with a few berries etc..

BrentM said:

There are myriad choices for sugar-free syrups out there and some of them are actually really good! My favorite is Smucker's Sugar Free syrup - it's worth a try. And I've had several agave syrups that were pretty damn good as well!

As far as the butter, a lot of peeps (myself included) use virgin cocnut oil as a direct butter-spread replacement. Great on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc., and since it's an MCT oil it's super good for you. Also some quiet rumblings that started several years ago about coconut extract/oil treating, and even reversing in many cases, degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's and dimensia. It is a food staple in the Phillipines, where almost all coconut oil comes from, and they have almost no cases of these types of degenerative brain diseases.

But if you can't stomach the thought of replacing butter with coconut oil, try SmartBalance's Flax seed spread. I use it occasionally and it tastes pretty damn good!

prestigealaska said:
BrentM said:

There are myriad choices for sugar-free syrups out there and some of them are actually really good! My favorite is Smucker's Sugar Free syrup - it's worth a try. And I've had several agave syrups that were pretty damn good as well!

As far as the butter, a lot of peeps (myself included) use virgin cocnut oil as a direct butter-spread replacement. Great on toast, pancakes, waffles, etc., and since it's an MCT oil it's super good for you. Also some quiet rumblings that started several years ago about coconut extract/oil treating, and even reversing in many cases, degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's and dimensia. It is a food staple in the Phillipines, where almost all coconut oil comes from, and they have almost no cases of these types of degenerative brain diseases.

But if you can't stomach the thought of replacing butter with coconut oil, try SmartBalance's Flax seed spread. I use it occasionally and it tastes pretty damn good!

I am going to try the LIGHT smartbalance flax seed spread... only 50 calories, no hydrogenated oils etc... looks very promising...

what's your go to brand of coconut oil?

DylanGemelli said:
prestigealaska said:
BrentM said:

I am going to try the LIGHT smartbalance flax seed spread... only 50 calories, no hydrogenated oils etc... looks very promising...

That's the one I meant, the Smart Balance Light w/Flaxseed oil!

I buy 2 different kinds of coconut oil to keep in the kitchen at all times. One is Nutiva's virgin organic coconut oil 54 oz and I buy it from Amazon:
[attachment=0:3i30uv4a]NutivaVirgin.jpg[/attachment:3i30uv4a]

And the other I use for frying/baking because it is expeller pressed and steam deoderized, thus leaving the oil odorless and tasteless without the use of chemicals or solvents! It is from Robin's Nest and can be found here on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171802022940

You don't want everything you cook to taste like coconut!

Attachments

• NutivaVirgin.jpg
    NutivaVirgin.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33
prestigealaska said:
DylanGemelli said:
prestigealaska said:
BrentM said:

That's the one I meant, the Smart Balance Light w/Flaxseed oil!

I buy 2 different kinds of coconut oil to keep in the kitchen at all times. One is Nutiva's virgin organic coconut oil 54 oz and I buy it from Amazon:
[attachment=0:17lp2vew]NutivaVirgin.jpg[/attachment:17lp2vew]

And the other I use for frying/baking because it is expeller pressed and steam deoderized, thus leaving the oil odorless and tasteless without the use of chemicals or solvents! It is from Robin's Nest and can be found here on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171802022940

You don't want everything you cook to taste like coconut!

NICE, thanks brother!

Re: RE: Re: 2 Ingredient *NO-FLOUR* Pancakes

RickRock said:
prestigealaska said:

Mangia!

1/2 cup oats
3 scoops protein powder
3 egg whites
1 banana

I will definitely try this one Rick, I don't know what it is but i can't eat pancakes no more, when I was young I remember I didn't have any problems, but I'll give this recipe a try, thanks for the post!!

Changing my life around one day at a time!

Top Bottom