napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Dr. Advice re: aas

KODA24

Got a physical today, probably be with the PA. Any advice on how to mention that I use aas? I need to get the correct blood test and I want to discuss it with them but feel wierd as shit bringing it up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What is discussed is between you and your Doctor…you are not breaking any law discussing your lifestyle.
I absolute would tip him off so he/She knows where you stand

They usually make u fill out a paper asking about medication n pains n ect..I always put testosterone under medications..trust me they'll ask about it. I just tell em straight up...never had a problem. Shit my urologist started giving me advice for when on a cycle lol. turns out he used back in college..actually a lot of drs did

I'd just ask to speak off the record even though most wouldn't have to even be asked. I wouldn't want to be marked down for drug use history in their charts, which there is a spot for.

HEPA laws protect you from them sharing your info so just tell him man. It's really not a big deal at all

Thanks I appreciate everyone's input. T minus 9 days till cycle time! (Like awaiting for the UPS man for that special order!)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'd just ask to speak off the record even though most wouldn't have to even be asked. I wouldn't want to be marked down for drug use history in their charts, which there is a spot for.

I just got dropped by a endo not for aas usage which he knew and helped keep track of bloods etc. But because of mental health issues, (anxiety, depression and a eating disorder) makes me wonder sometimes about how honest I should get with dr's in the future. It's a shame. Fortunately my new PA I'm seeing is very understanding and listens and talks opening about treatment options and blood work etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got dropped by a endo not for aas usage which he knew and helped keep track of bloods etc. But because of mental health issues, (anxiety, depression and a eating disorder) makes me wonder sometimes about how honest I should get with dr's in the future. It's a shame. Fortunately my new PA I'm seeing is very understanding and listens and talks opening about treatment options and blood work etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My concern is with the insurance companies. HIPAA laws protect us from criminal prosecution, but the medical information shared with insurance companies is not protected.

Sorry to hear about your situation, that is really silly for a doctor to do, we're here to get help...

My concern is with the insurance companies. HIPAA laws protect us from criminal prosecution, but the medical information shared with insurance companies is not protected.

Sorry to hear about your situation, that is really silly for a doctor to do, we're here to get help...
that is very true and thats what i was going to say as well.. some doctors are cool and some are not... thats really more for the person to know as opposed to us because i dont know the relationship you have with your doctor

I tell my Dr I'm on HRT through a clinic in Miami. That way it's legal all the way around.

Red is absolutely right here

Top Bottom