napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Super pissed off

stets

Is being honest stupid of me? I went to the blood bank today and a question was asked on the paper if I have taken any steroids through injections without it being prescribed by the doctor. I marked yes to be honest and it turned out to permanently deferred me from donating blood. Now I can't donate blood at all over here and this is the only blood bank on the island

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

"That was a mistake on my part. I didn't read it right" did you try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"That was a mistake on my part. I didn't read it right" did you try that?

No, she questioned me like it wasn't a problem. Then she checked and found out its prohibited

Oh shit. I'd try to go back when it's a different nurse and try to tell them everything is RX. That sucks.

Oh shit. I'd try to go back when it's a different nurse and try to tell them everything is RX. That sucks.

Yea idk how to get around this. I'm sure they logged it into their computers

I'm going to call them and tell them I made a mistake and thought it meant oral steroids not with needles

I'm going to call them and tell them I made a mistake and thought it meant oral steroids not with needles

One time at band camp...
But that might be a good idea.

Is being honest stupid of me? I went to the blood bank today and a question was asked on the paper if I have taken any steroids through injections without it being prescribed by the doctor. I marked yes to be honest and it turned out to permanently deferred me from donating blood. Now I can't donate blood at all over here and this is the only blood bank on the island

Should have asked here first bud. You have to lie about that part. Their only concern is contamination and injection from using needles not under a doctors care, not the steroids themselves. Obviously any of us that aren't morons are changing needles every time, stabbing the area befire injecting and are just as sterile as doctors

I would call them and tell them you misunderstood the questionnaire and tell them you haven't used steroids

yeah bro, they are probably not going to let you back there... they are pretty thorough when it comes to that... you can try to call and say you meant orals and they may work but to be honest, i doubt it... its worth a shot but if you shook your magic 8 ball, it would likely respond " all signs point to no"

always ask here first brother

yeah bro, they are probably not going to let you back there... they are pretty thorough when it comes to that... you can try to call and say you meant orals and they may work but to be honest, i doubt it... its worth a shot but if you shook your magic 8 ball, it would likely respond " all signs point to no"

always ask here first brother
Thanks! Shit I had no idea because I've read a lot of people are honest with their doctors but donating blood is totally a different story.

I called them up and they are going to review and the guy I spoke to seemed pretty cool and I told them I had no idea they meant injecting with needles and I told them I took prohormones when they were legal and because it said "steroids" I thought of prohormone. The guy said he'll tell the examiner that it was a misunderstanding and usually he will go with the choices he says

Should have asked here first bud. You have to lie about that part. Their only concern is contamination and injection from using needles not under a doctors care, not the steroids themselves. Obviously any of us that aren't morons are changing needles every time, stabbing the area befire injecting and are just as sterile as doctors

I would call them and tell them you misunderstood the questionnaire and tell them you haven't used steroids
Thanks rick. Had no idea it. Hope no one makes the same mistake as me lol

I'm giving blood again tomorrow... Unfortunately I have to lie on several questions... It is what it is...

We've wrote many articles on this, there not going let you give if you have done injection steroids on your own. Plain and simple safety issue... Always put no.

Sent from the NY ROBO house of GAINZZZZ
I've read the article you wrote but I didn't read it all. Lol shit. Next time I know. Thanks

yes that stupid

I did something similar once when I joined the Marines... All I had to do was say no but I said yes and it caused unnecessary problems and delays with my enlistment process. Moral of the story... honesty is not always the best policy.

I did something similar once when I joined the Marines... All I had to do was say no but I said yes and it caused unnecessary problems and delays with my enlistment process. Moral of the story... honesty is not always the best policy.
So what about personal doctors? Family physician? Is it OK to mention I'm taking steroids to them?

So what about personal doctors? Family physician? Is it OK to mention I'm taking steroids to them?

I think it really depends on the doctor and your situation...

Why tell anyone, anything

Sent from the NY ROBO house of GAINZZZZ
I feel like it would be a benefit if a personal doctor would know so they can address whatever problem that may occur. I think I came across some guys having their doctors cool with them being on steroids

Top Bottom