napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Do You Skip Leg Day?

Almighty100%bodyfat

The Almighty Salad Tosser
Some guys joke about skipping leg workouts. Some actually DO skip leg day. I understand a few guys have terrible hips, knees, lower back, etc.. and it truly does prevent them from squats and such. But I also see guys who have torn up shoulders, elbows, and they never skip chest day. Big compound movements such as deads and squats can actually HELP prevent imbalances and weaknesses in your structure (when done correctly). Another benefit is the boost of GH production we accumulate after these big lifts. It's not a galactical amount of GH, but every bit helps us! So go on!! Hit those legs hard and reap the benefits and reward!

Plus, no girl should have bigger legs than their guy :p

well i do hate legs but i try not to skip since it is one of the biggest muscles in your body it promotes the rest of your body to grow with your legs. it is definitely a weak spot for me as far as weight with squats etc but fortunately i have pretty good genetics in my thighs and calves so that saves me

33c3x4m.jpg

this is pretty much without much weight training for legs

I did squats three days a week for over a year. Took some time off to let a nagging injury heal and I can't seem to find my way back to them as before. Actually quite disappointing as they were always my strongest attribute and now have fallen close to my weakest link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah.jpg

Would you like my brother to answer this? He skips everything BUT legs and amazingly his whole body grows with a minimum of sets. For him it is diet and legs. His leg work is all 8 sets of 8-10 reps. Try that one time and see if you can walk the next day...lol.

View attachment 2248

Would you like my brother to answer this? He skips everything BUT legs and amazingly his whole body grows with a minimum of sets. For him it is diet and legs. His leg work is all 8 sets of 8-10 reps. Try that one time and see if you can walk the next day...lol.

That's the same structure I usually do. and il finish with 100 rep sets on things like machines. But everything is about 8 sets 8-10 reps. Probably the best results I've seen is from this structure with the exception of FST 7 or quad set training.
He has a sick outer sweep.

My advice too is don't ever let your legs be your lagging muscle group. It is a pain in the ass to bring your legs back up.

After having double knee surgery it took me awhile to get use to squatting and deadlifting again. Was a pain in the ass figuring out what worked. Sadly I feel my legs are a lagging part of my body and I am thinking about doing the Bulgarian squat method to bring up my squat plus legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEVER!!! I been hitting legs every day this week be it running, cycling or lifting. Some kind of leg work is done daily.

50% of my workouts involve legs, so I do more than plenty. They've always been my weakest area so I push them as hard as I can. They are finally starting to come up to a level I'm pretty happy with

I hear ya! While I am thinking about this can anyone explain to me WTF is the "Bulgarian Workout"?

Its pretty old school.
group specific training, High training frequency, Maximum effort, low reps.
If you are looking for a way to beat your own ass this is it.

My joints would never survive it. There are actually lots of methods to the method.

Top Bottom