napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New Guy to AR Changing Life Habits....This will be my daily/weekly log

jsmith72

DAY 1---MOTIVATED!!!! I got up early this morning around 6am and went on a mile and a half brisk walk in 43 degree weather! Back at the house I went in the gym for 20 min of stretching and 30 min on weights. Nothing too strenuous, I'm starting gradually so I don't hurt myself. But it felt great to start this morning and I knew I would need to be accountable in here which helps! I feel I can repeat this again this afternoon and for the next several days before changing it up. Had a few bites of Cantaloupe and oatmeal for breakfast, drinking lots of water. Planning to eat a chicken salad for lunch and snacking on Almonds and celery in between. Using MyFitnessPal App to track calories each day.
-Jsmith72

Awesome Brother. You are on your way to a whole new life. Stay with it. I'll be following this closely. I know you can do it.

Every day is a big step....take it one at at a time. We have your back here. You can do this, and I'll be following closely along the way!

Every day is a big step....take it one at at a time. We have your back here. You can do this, and I'll be following closely along the way!

+1

and jsmith remember to stay with it, nothing is going to change overnight. Please ask if you need our help.

DAY 1---MOTIVATED!!!! I got up early this morning around 6am and went on a mile and a half brisk walk in 43 degree weather! Back at the house I went in the gym for 20 min of stretching and 30 min on weights. Nothing too strenuous, I'm starting gradually so I don't hurt myself. But it felt great to start this morning and I knew I would need to be accountable in here which helps! I feel I can repeat this again this afternoon and for the next several days before changing it up. Had a few bites of Cantaloupe and oatmeal for breakfast, drinking lots of water. Planning to eat a chicken salad for lunch and snacking on Almonds and celery in between. Using MyFitnessPal App to track calories each day.
-Jsmith72

Nice work! What are your goals and expectations? If you have any sticking points or challenges along the way don't hesitate to ask for help. There are many knowledgeable and experienced people on here with a variety of backgrounds.

It's challenging. It's one meal at a time. One walk at a time. One workout at a time. Stick with it. We will all be watching your progress. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Definitely ease into slowly. If you push too fast you could just wear yourself out for tomorrow's workout etc. Establishing the everyday habit is the most important part at this point more than pushing yourself to the max, that will come with time. I really love your motivation and will be following.

Sorry I missed that! That is indeed going to be quite the journey. I heard a quote before that makes things like this encouraging, -"Great challenges make great people." Remember to keep logs of your progress. I found when I thought I was stalling...if I actually go back and look where I started, I more than often exceeded where I thought I could be and that in turn pushed me to keep going and setting bigger goals.

One other bit of info. With the weights, do not try to go crazy with how much weight you are pushing right now. It's very tempting, but you need to slowly get your muscles back into being used. The last thing you need is an injury to yourself. Concentrate on more reps with a weight that feels comfortable.

Thanks guys! Going back to work tomorrow after being off for the holidays, so real life is about to kick back in. I feel prepared in the mind for it. I'm going to buy my food for the week later today. I'll be sure to check in at the end of every day with progress and any questions. Thanks again for the wealth of support and encouragement.

One other bit of info. With the weights, do not try to go crazy with how much weight you are pushing right now. It's very tempting, but you need to slowly get your muscles back into being used. The last thing you need is an injury to yourself. Concentrate on more reps with a weight that feels comfortable.

that sounds like good advice man. I did that this morning with the weights. Felt good. I know I'm just trying to wake the muscles up right now and get my blood flowing again. I'm ok with a slower safer start, definitely don't want to get hurt or get burnt out immediately.

Sorry I missed that! That is indeed going to be quite the journey. I heard a quote before that makes things like this encouraging, -"Great challenges make great people." Remember to keep logs of your progress. I found when I thought I was stalling...if I actually go back and look where I started, I more than often exceeded where I thought I could be and that in turn pushed me to keep going and setting bigger goals.

thanks bcoops!

Definitely ease into slowly. If you push too fast you could just wear yourself out for tomorrow's workout etc. Establishing the everyday habit is the most important part at this point more than pushing yourself to the max, that will come with time. I really love your motivation and will be following.

thanks brother!

that sounds like good advice man. I did that this morning with the weights. Felt good. I know I'm just trying to wake the muscles up right now and get my blood flowing again. I'm ok with a slower safer start, definitely don't want to get hurt or get burnt out immediately.
Nice!!! A day at time bro and keep everything simple at first. I'll be following along. I love seeing people make a transformation and I have faith in ya. It's going to be a battle but ultimately it's mind over matter. Keep killin it!!!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

This lifestyle is a marathon not a sprint to slow and steady pace wins the race. Before you know it you will see progress and it will motivate you. Even if you fail you get back on it. I have failed so many times but without failure I would of not succeed.

Are you able to heat up meals at your work? Having your meals all prepared to go makes things a lot easier. Then all you have to do is eat them. that's the fun part. You can eat all the salad you want. It's the dressing you need to watch out for. try using balsamic vinegar. It actually tastes good. Top it with some low fat cottage cheese. Or some chicken, or walnuts. So you will get some protein in you. Just throwing ideas out.

Great advice JM

This is going to be one kick ass transformation, stay dedicated!

I agree. I'm psyched for this guy. I really hope he sticks with it. He has a decent size fram and will look great after he sheds the fat and gains lean muscle mass.

Good luck on your journey, you'll do great I'll be following along!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom