napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

FitBit Charge HR (review)

TX TERROR

Hey guys so this thread will touch on a piece of equipment designed to assist with your diet and training.

Today I picked up a FitBit Charge. HR wich is the one that will do heart rate too.

Il take you through my opinion on the product in all aspects and of course share my opinion as someone who has quite a bit of decent experience with diet and training.

uploadfromtaptalk1448671479685.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

They retail around $120.
Although it's black Friday I didn't get any deal or savings on this thing just happened to walk by it and think hey maybe I need one of those...

Lol been wanting one for a whole actually but never looked into it.

They come in a few different colors. I went with black as pictuted.

Material is just soft rubbery stuff seems durable as hell i hope it is.

Sizing

Well these things actually have a size thing on the box to help you pick the right one. Clearly I'm the dumbass who ignored that. I got a large and it barely barely fits.

Should a gone XL but they are online only if you want XL. Itl do though.

Definitly pay attention and look for the sizing thing on the back of the box.

What all do these things do? I've seen people with them but never really looked into them myself

Well they actually do a lot man. They will sync with my fitness pal. Track sleep patterns, track calories burned, heart rate, steps, all kinds of wierd things.

Set up

So setting this up is stupid easy took 2 min. You only need a smart phone actually with the fitbit app. It all synced up perfect and is working fine. No complaints. Couldn't be easier actaully.

Well they actually do a lot man. They will sync with my fitness pal. Track sleep patterns, track calories burned, heart rate, steps, all kinds of wierd things.

How exactly does it know calories burned? I'm assuming it measures that based on heart rate elevation

How exactly does it know calories burned? I'm assuming it measures that based on heart rate elevation
Probably off steps and heart rate. It takes in all your stats like iifym.com or any macro calculator too.

So first issue.

If you work out with straps or wrist wraps it's gonna be either that or the fit bit. I'm not able to do both.

I said I got the large and it's maxed out pretty much as it is. Any pump from the gym really tightens that thing up good too. Either loose circulation or break the band. Neither would be good.

K don't even ware this to the gym unless your just doing cardio. It can't distinguish steps from exercises like curls and stuff. So don't even bother with it at the gym imo. I did a set of curls and it was counting each rep as a step.

K don't even ware this to the gym unless your just doing cardio. It can't distinguish steps from exercises like curls and stuff. So don't even bother with it at the gym imo. I did a set of curls and it was counting each rep as a step.

Ya I don't think I'd wear one to the gym anyways. I wear wrist wraps all the time to help my old ass with all my pressing movements, so it really wouldn't be an option for me in the gym

Hahaha ya dude. I wear straps or wraps myself. It's not happening with the fit bit. So unless you are just doing cardio, it doesn't not get my approval for the gym.even without straps, i did arms last night and the pump made this thing way too tight.

Sleeping with it on is no big deal really. Don't notice it doesn't bother me. No problems there.
I can't figure out the sleep setting. I dint have app sync at the house cause I have no service but Il figure it out.

Count calories pretty acuratly I would say. Says I burned 1171 calories while sleeping. I'd think that's accurate but we will have to see. if anything I'd say it's closer to about 2000 but I could be wrong.

I had a fit bit only use it when doing cardio but never when hitting the weights. I wear wraps and straps also. I returned it no use for me. My wife loves it as she does not wear anything on her wrists. Also I'm weird I don't even wear a watch so anything on my wrist annoys me excepts for wraps straps

The step counter on this thing is just so inaccurate. It picks up any wrist motion as a step. I walked 7 steps apparently just whipping my ass....

This thing is useless as a step counter. With the exception of in the activity type count. Or maybe if you mk odder it to be worn on your ankle so wrist motions don't interfere wich I did see on youtube, some guy did that.

Cool to see you got one of these bro.

Yeah, it definitely misinterprets some things incorrectly as a step. Let's just say it's good I wear it on my left wrist or I'd do a marathon worth of steps very day lol ;)

But all the other features I think are great. I still wear it at the gym to look at heart rate and so it includes those calories burned into my daily total. The steps to me are totally irrelevant. It sometimes does tighten up with a good pump in which case I can just loosen mine out a notch but I'm guessing you don't have that luxury.

I can't remember exactly but I think with the sleep thing it can tell when you're horizontal and after X time of being horizontal with X heart rate it figures out you're asleep. I've generally found the sleep aspect pretty accurate but it's crushing to see how many "restless" spikes I get throughout the night.

I really like my charge HR too. Wear it every day. I haven't had any problem keeping it on even with my Versagrips on when I'm deadlifting. Used to wear the flex but its usefulness is dramatically diminished if you are a dedicated gym rat. The heart rate monitor definitely takes it up to the next level!

Top Bottom