napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Low reps vs high reps

I have been training for hypertrophy for the last couple of months of this blast, going heavy 3 x 8 reps to failure, followed by a set of 80% of the heavy weight to failure and a final set at 60% of the heavy weight to failure. I'm very pleased with results I'm seeing in strength gains as well as muscle development. In the past, during blasts, I would stick with heavy weights, 5 x 5. I saw great strength gains using the 5 x 5 method but I'm much more impressed with the way my muscles are developing training for hypertrophy. In the end it's always gonna come down to the individual. What works for one may not work the same someone else. That's the thing I think I love most about bodybuilding/fitness training; the journey of personal discovery you find yourself on. It fascinates and fulfills me on so many levels because of its very nature.

Damn bro where u been lol. U went ghost on us

Works been crazy and I'm having a new home built that is about 4 weeks from completion - SHITS CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!! Still in the gym almost everyday though! Some things can't be half-assed...
I try to keep up with the fam here - even if I'm not posting I'm always keeping an eye out! Feels good to be missed!

Works been crazy and I'm having a new home built that is about 4 weeks from completion - SHITS CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!! Still in the gym almost everyday though! Some things can't be half-assed...
I try to keep up with the fam here - even if I'm not posting I'm always keeping an eye out! Feels good to be missed!

How did that biotech bulking cycle ever turn out?

How did that biotech bulking cycle ever turn out?

It's still going well, although I switched up diet/training about halfway through to make it more of a recomp cycle - which worked out well with the primo/EQ/hGH/Proviron/Winny. I have about 4 weeks left and so far, in 16 weeks, I've dropped almost 4% bf, weight has stayed at 260ish, and I figure I've put on 10-12 lbs lean muscle. Overall, I'm very very pleased with this run and give Bio's gear my highest recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not one or the other.... it's a balance of both methods to get the best results.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

definitely both. sometimes you do the 12-20 reps or sometimes you go brutal heavy 4-6 reps. and sometimes you go to that 8 rep range. it is all awesome and can get you bigger. two kinds of hypertrophy, myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic, you need all of it. its like a stack. one thing is nice by itself. but when you stack 2-3 compounds it gets MUCH better.

It's still going well, although I switched up diet/training about halfway through to make it more of a recomp cycle - which worked out well with the primo/EQ/hGH/Proviron/Winny. I have about 4 weeks left and so far, in 16 weeks, I've dropped almost 4% bf, weight has stayed at 260ish, and I figure I've put on 10-12 lbs lean muscle. Overall, I'm very very pleased with this run and give Bio's gear my highest recommendation.

Damn, that is pretty impressive brother. I'd be really happy if I could replicate those type of results in my current cycle. Nice job!

I do both as I'm venturing into a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding. I do my heavy compounds first then finish off the muscles with 10-20 reps with isolation movements. It's been working great for me!

I do both as I'm venturing into a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding. I do my heavy compounds first then finish off the muscles with 10-20 reps with isolation movements. It's been working great for me!

Very similar to the approach I take. Seems like the best of both worlds to me!

Top Bottom