napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Concerned about Ms.Guppy's workout today

Guppy

So..at gym with the Ms.G this afternoon and she started looking a little pekid.(sp?) She made it through her workout but with little intensity. She didnt say much, or complain but I could tell something wasnt right. She had to use the Ladies room more than usual too.
Normally...we finish up with 30 mins of walking on the treadmills while we catch the news. But today I offered to cut it short and she jumped at the idea (like id hoped for). We headed out to our cars, and I kissed her before we split and she was ICE COLD. I mean lips, skin and such.
So i asked "whats up with you?...you ok?"
She said yea...she didnt want to worry me. It was freaky man...real worrisome yaknow?

When we got home i checked her BP, HR and Temp. All normal. After 30 mins her skin temp was fine again (shes now cooking me dinner).

Any idea whats up with that?? every heard of, or happened to you?
when i say cold...I mean WOW, noticably shocking cold!

thanks guys.

(she only on a lower carb diet, no carb after 6pm...eats almost perfectly clean...sleep is a little screwy tho)

So..at gym with the Ms.G this afternoon and she started looking a little pekid.(sp?) She made it through her workout but with little intensity. She didnt say much, or complain but I could tell something wasnt right. She had to use the Ladies room more than usual too.
Normally...we finish up with 30 mins of walking on the treadmills while we catch the news. But today I offered to cut it short and she jumped at the idea (like id hoped for). We headed out to our cars, and I kissed her before we split and she was ICE COLD. I mean lips, skin and such.
So i asked "whats up with you?...you ok?"
She said yea...she didnt want to worry me. It was freaky man...real worrisome yaknow?

When we got home i checked her BP, HR and Temp. All normal. After 30 mins her skin temp was fine again (shes now cooking me dinner).

Any idea whats up with that?? every heard of, or happened to you?
when i say cold...I mean WOW, noticably shocking cold!

thanks guys.

(she only on a lower carb diet, no carb after 6pm...eats almost perfectly clean...sleep is a little screwy tho)

Is she diabetic at all? I just wonder iF she might have been experiencing low blood sugar, especially being on the lower carbs. Also was she hydrating enough? It sounds like she also could have been dehydrated some

I was gonna say the same thing. My ex was hypoglycemic and that would happen to her after hot yoga. She would walk out of a 95 degree room and feel like ICE COLD

Mmmnope, not diabetic. Low sugar is possible. Come to think of it she phoned me at lunch and was craving something salty (insert joke here) really bad.
i prepare her meals so i know exactly what carb amounts she gets...and when she eats them.
We DID switch to a new pre-workout drink "Bullnox" this week. Perhaps her serving was too high.
Ms.G is avid in workout, yoga and dabbling with weights this year. Im working on her 2015-16 transformation so we are both peak by Outer-Banks time in summer.
Her stats are about 4'11-5foot. 110lbs, 21%bf (great booty!), health, organs and blood recently checked thoroughly when I did mine. Shes in her 40's (thats all Im aloud to say about that if I want sex tonight, lol)

We're discussing all the options. There was no headache or ringing ears. No vision issues either. Just fatigue and clamminess.

Were giving the gym a go tomorrow due to cutting it short today. Ill monitor more closely and hope it was a fluke.
If its menopause...well, Im not sure how i feel about that. <sad face>

thanks guys

IT sounds like a result of a drastic drop in blood sugar or blood pressure. Remember, even though you took her BP when you got home, it could have temporarily dropped during her workout.

Also, the mention of a new pre-workout is a red flag right there. Perhaps it has a lot more caffeine or other stims that her body just isn't used to. I know, myself, if I have too much pre before lifting I'll feel nauseous and a bit dizzy. I'd try a process of elimination. Start with taking out the preworkout. Then look at her pre-workout nutrition.

Keep us posted, Guppy!

Mmmnope, not diabetic. Low sugar is possible. Come to think of it she phoned me at lunch and was craving something salty (insert joke here) really bad.
i prepare her meals so i know exactly what carb amounts she gets...and when she eats them.
We DID switch to a new pre-workout drink "Bullnox" this week. Perhaps her serving was too high.
Ms.G is avid in workout, yoga and dabbling with weights this year. Im working on her 2015-16 transformation so we are both peak by Outer-Banks time in summer.
Her stats are about 4'11-5foot. 110lbs, 21%bf (great booty!), health, organs and blood recently checked thoroughly when I did mine. Shes in her 40's (thats all Im aloud to say about that if I want sex tonight, lol)

We're discussing all the options. There was no headache or ringing ears. No vision issues either. Just fatigue and clamminess.

Were giving the gym a go tomorrow due to cutting it short today. Ill monitor more closely and hope it was a fluke.
If its menopause...well, Im not sure how i feel about that. <sad face>

thanks guys

Definitely make sure she takes it easy on the preworkout, and start with a lower dose if she is sensitive to stimulants

you should always have something with you at the gym for a quick sugar pickup... i ALWAYS have my tubs of bcaa and glutamine power chews with me and also know i can go to the juice bar right away for fruit or anything with sugar in it if need be... if you don't have that at your gym then always carry something because sometimes it just happens out of nowhere, no rhyme or reason etc. but it does happen to everyone... also, as everyone else said, take it easy on the pwo... have her look at non stim options etc... i wont even touch them anymore because it never fails that this happens with use of these as well... i can't fucking stand pwo's at all... i hate them with a passion... all i use is gw-501516 and im good!

Even having some hard candy or something on hand will be better than nothing. I rarely get bouts of low blood sugar anymore, but it does happen, more so when I'm over reaching and my body is need of a deload. Again, just have some quick carbs on hand in case. Better safe than sorry!

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like a drop in sugar levels, and keep an eye out on the pwo's not a big fan..

changing my life around one day at a time!!

Im thinking ya'll are right about the Sugar Levels. We aren't the greatest fans or PWOs either, but when your butt is parked in a desk for 8-9 hours, then have a 45 min drive in stressful traffic to the gym...the stimulant of a PreWO keeps ya from dragging ass in the gym.
Im reducing her serving size of pwo-
Gym bag now has her favorite "Lemonheads" candy stashed in it.
I travel with food (emergency PB sandwich) almost everywhere, lol.

It was definitely weird and hopefully wont happen again. In hindsight i recall it happening to me some years ago and how it scared me. I was pretty disoriented and took a week off from it.
Her stepfather is diabetic and has these electric finger pricking doohickeys. I might borrow one to be safe for the next month or so.
thanks again guys. Really.

-G

Probably a drop in blood sugar but also consider this.... She was sweating right? You made contact with her outside the gym after the workout. its possible her body was just cooling itself. But then again you said ice cold... Its hard to say man. lots of variables here. As most said earlier, your best bed is low blood sugar. But even low blood sugar wouldnt quite explain this.

I get this feeling from certain pre workouts some times. I get what you would call cold sweats. Kinda like when you are sick. Definitely keep an eye on her blood sugar. You can even get a blood sugar monitor at walmart for like 20 bucks if you dont want to borrow from the step dad. In that same Isle you can get glucose tabs.... I run insulin some times and these are a must because I drop my blood sugar so low that i need them for emergancy's

Did she say she felt light headed or dizzy. Kinda drunk? When I go hypo thats kind of how it goes for me. Ive done it a couple times now. Ive even done it monitored on purpose to make sure I know what to look for when running insulin.

you should always have something with you at the gym for a quick sugar pickup... i ALWAYS have my tubs of bcaa and glutamine power chews with me and also know i can go to the juice bar right away for fruit or anything with sugar in it if need be... if you don't have that at your gym then always carry something because sometimes it just happens out of nowhere, no rhyme or reason etc. but it does happen to everyone... also, as everyone else said, take it easy on the pwo... have her look at non stim options etc... i wont even touch them anymore because it never fails that this happens with use of these as well... i can't fucking stand pwo's at all... i hate them with a passion... all i use is gw-501516 and im good!

EVP is a great non stim. And then you can always go for things like agmatine, beta alanine, citraline malate, GW is obviously your best bet but play around with some non stims and see what you guys like.

No dizzy or Headache (well, no more headache than usual, lol). We did gym back to back this week cause we cut yesterday short. TOday was much better, no issues at all. She does say she feels "off" which could be menstrual (sp?). But her WO was productive...Im proud of her. She cut back on the pre-wo today which i believe was the culprit. I had her eat a slice of bread prior also....just in case.

which reminds me...I gotta buggy over the "the that guy" thread about this dude in the gym today, lol
Thanks TX

No dizzy or Headache (well, no more headache than usual, lol). We did gym back to back this week cause we cut yesterday short. TOday was much better, no issues at all. She does say she feels "off" which could be menstrual (sp?). But her WO was productive...Im proud of her. She cut back on the pre-wo today which i believe was the culprit. I had her eat a slice of bread prior also....just in case.

which reminds me...I gotta buggy over the "the that guy" thread about this dude in the gym today, lol
Thanks TX
Glad to hear that everything is going back to normal, few days of rest and everything in moderation she should be just fine...

changing my life around one day at a time!!

Thanks TX

That's a relief, brother! Looks like it's a simple blood sugar issue.

Looking forward to your "that guy" comment lol.

Top Bottom