napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Whats the longest you ever ran a cycle for?

Have you read about heart dysmorphia? Specifically ventricular size? Also there's allot to the blood work.. And allot besides that.. This will be a great thread.

Yes a little. I have read that runners will also have a larger heart (left side) than your average joe. And Drs have no issue with it and call it normal. Not saying that means a steroid heart would be normal mind you.
And a true point you make about BW is that just cause your labs show stellar blood work doesnt mean you cant have an issue regardless. Afterall blood work is just a snap shot picture at that moment. Doesnt mean that next week you wont have a red flag pop up.

Bare in mind that all the medical research is based off of TRT and not continuous blasting. Med research on TRT therapy shows there is no medical or scientific link to cancer at all. Also research shows that Low test is bad for your heart while TRT helps. But that doesnt mean when you start doing 400,500 or more mg that these same rules apply.
This is all I know, maybe someone else can chime in here?

One thing to keep in mind is that it becomes pointless to stay on high doses for long periods of time, even taking the health concerns out of the equation. Your myostatin levels rise throughout a cycle and eventually hit peak. Your body works against itself trying to inhibit any further growth while myostatin is up despite the high doses of androgens. That's why gains stall out during a cycle, so staying on high doses for long periods of time really doesn't give you any benefit, and is just a waste of gear. It's much more productive to get what you can out of a reasonable length cycle and then come back to cruise or come off together to baseline myostatin in order to get gains again. The guy that does that will surpass the guy that just stays on

About 23 weeks for my latest show. Had eq at the beginning, so it got abit lengthy.. probably keep it at 12-14 weeks next show and run eq threw it.

One thing to keep in mind is that it becomes pointless to stay on high doses for long periods of time, even taking the health concerns out of the equation. Your myostatin levels rise throughout a cycle and eventually hit peak. Your body works against itself trying to inhibit any further growth while myostatin is up despite the high doses of androgens. That's why gains stall out during a cycle, so staying on high doses for long periods of time really doesn't give you any benefit, and is just a waste of gear. It's much more productive to get what you can out of a reasonable length cycle and then come back to cruise or come off together to baseline myostatin in order to get gains again. The guy that does that will surpass the guy that just stays on

Very interesting point. How the heck do they measure myostatin anyway? Is that in blood work or something else??

The collateral free radical oxidative damage is what can't be reversed.

the oxygen comes in and gets carried by the iron . when you expose iron to O2 it oxidizes (rusts). But something in the RBC technically keeps the O2 from actually touching the iron to prevent this from happening. So if you have oxidation occuring then something is wrong and there is a disruption in this protective process. So AAS actually causes this disruption? Allows the iron and O2 to physically make contact??

Very interesting point. How the heck do they measure myostatin anyway? Is that in blood work or something else??

I know there's a way to test for it, but it's very hard to and requires a special test. If you did have it tested it's incredibly expensive I know. There are studies showing myostatin rise in men with testosterone use. I'll try to dig it up. Basically showed that around day 56 (week 8) after being on higher levels of testosterone, myostatin was at peak levels and gains stalled out as a result. This was pretty common with the whole group

Thanks!! Those can be tough to read sometimes, the conclusion is pretty simple to understand tho. "men treated with graded doses of testosterone, "...... I assume this means different dose levels? So does that mean it doesnt matter what dose the men were taking? They still have higher levels of myostatin? And is the myostatin level even across the board regardless of dose or is its level dependent on the testosterone dose. Less test less myostation, more test more myostatin? I guess it really doesnt matter.

What in it keeps o2 from Fe? Oxidative damage is common, and part of what makes humans, human.

Iron gets attached to ferritin which isolates it. We need the O2 to remain O2 and not get combined with the iron and completely oxidize in order to live. If the O2 reacts with iron it will no longer be O2 and the molecules would pair up and become Fe2O3 and Fe3O4. Thats iron oxide.

So I assume the oxidation that occurs would only happen to individuals who have basically a health issue. Or maybe it even happens in the healthy but at small managable levels. It cant be occurring at a high rate cause the bodies organs would starve for O2. We would die.

The way the hemoglobin is structured keeps the O2 and FE from reacting. Hemoglobins job is to transport O2, CO2 and Nitric Oxide and other gases. If reaction occurs it will no longer be a transport but a consumer of said gases. I guess a way to describe it would be to look at insulin. Insulin is a transport and shuttles nutrients into muscle and or fat cells. It doesnt metabolize them although insulin is part of the metabolic process.

Another way to understand the importance of allowing or NOT allowing chemical reaction would be to look at table salt (NaCl) you can eat it and be fine, But if you seperate the Na from the Cl you get a heavy meatal sodium (Na) and a poisonous gas Chloride (Cl), Both cant be consumed by us.

a little know how.. (genetically gifted men, like in BB, have naturally lower levels of the myostatin protein in there blood)

The word "myostatin" come from the Ancient Greek μῦς (myo=muscle) and στατός (statin), which stand for "substance limiting the [growth of] muscle". Myostatin is an endogenous, negative regulator of muscle growth determining both muscle fiber number and size. The myostatin pathway is conserved across diverse species ranging from zebrafish to humans. Experimental models of muscle growth and regeneration have implicated myostatin as an important mediator of catabolic pathways in muscle cells. Inhibition of this pathway has emerged as a promising therapy for muscle wasting. Myostatin, also known as GDF8 (growth differentiation factor 8), belongs to the transforming growth factor-β superfamily of secreted growth and differentiation factors. In common with the TGF-β family, myostatin is synthesized as a precursor protein consisting of a signal sequence, an inactive/ inhibitory N-terminal propeptide region and an invariant Arg-X-X-Arg proteolytic cleavage site, followed by a C-terminal domain which dimerizes to form the active/mature molecule. After cleavage of the signal sequence and proteolytic processing, the mature C-terminal dimer remains associated with the propeptide via non-covalent forces creating a latent complex from which myostatin must be released to elicit its biological activity. This latent complex circulates in the blood and can be activated by acid treatment.

Well then I am certainly the man with the highest levels of myostatin !!

Thanks!! Those can be tough to read sometimes, the conclusion is pretty simple to understand tho. "men treated with graded doses of testosterone, "...... I assume this means different dose levels? So does that mean it doesnt matter what dose the men were taking? They still have higher levels of myostatin? And is the myostatin level even across the board regardless of dose or is its level dependent on the testosterone dose. Less test less myostation, more test more myostatin? I guess it really doesnt matter.

Basically any level of androgens in the body above what your body perceives as "normal" can raise myostatin. To what degree would depend on a lot of things. The higher the dose, the more compounds used, the more anabolic of the compounds etc...the quicker it will rise. That's why some people running mild cycles can see gains for a longer period of time even though the gains are slower to come.

a little know how.. (genetically gifted men, like in BB, have naturally lower levels of the myostatin protein in there blood)

The word "myostatin" come from the Ancient Greek μῦς (myo=muscle) and στατός (statin), which stand for "substance limiting the [growth of] muscle". Myostatin is an endogenous, negative regulator of muscle growth determining both muscle fiber number and size. The myostatin pathway is conserved across diverse species ranging from zebrafish to humans. Experimental models of muscle growth and regeneration have implicated myostatin as an important mediator of catabolic pathways in muscle cells. Inhibition of this pathway has emerged as a promising therapy for muscle wasting. Myostatin, also known as GDF8 (growth differentiation factor 8), belongs to the transforming growth factor-β superfamily of secreted growth and differentiation factors. In common with the TGF-β family, myostatin is synthesized as a precursor protein consisting of a signal sequence, an inactive/ inhibitory N-terminal propeptide region and an invariant Arg-X-X-Arg proteolytic cleavage site, followed by a C-terminal domain which dimerizes to form the active/mature molecule. After cleavage of the signal sequence and proteolytic processing, the mature C-terminal dimer remains associated with the propeptide via non-covalent forces creating a latent complex from which myostatin must be released to elicit its biological activity. This latent complex circulates in the blood and can be activated by acid treatment.

It is true of some of the genetic elite, that they do in fact have a myostatin deficiency at the MSTN gene, enabling them to keep growing and growing while the rest of us stop. A perfect example of this is Big Ramy. He was tested and found to have this disorder, which helps explain his freaky monstrous size

Just shy of 6 months , long time! Good results for the show?

Yeah, i was supposed to do CBB, but they didnt notify that debutes could compete in it, so the only debute class was BB open class (found out later that i could have). So did that, got 4th place. Competed with guys with 30-40lbs on me, but happy with the results. Found out that i didnt handle winstrol orally (ill be doing inject next show) and got fake Halo which actually turned out to be dbol.. haha. Luckely kicked that a week before show and shedded the water. I think.. haha. Lurned alot this show! All in all, ill prob never run a cycle this long again as i felt i could have gained just as much or even more by doing two cycles with a little space between. prob ad gh to the mix next time to so i can eat more threwout!

It is true of some of the genetic elite, that they do in fact have a myostatin deficiency at the MSTN gene, enabling them to keep growing and growing while the rest of us stop. A perfect example of this is Big Ramy. He was tested and found to have this disorder, which helps explain his freaky monstrous size

I highly doubt he complains about it either! LOLLL

Oh hell no he doesn't! Makes you wonder where he would be without the genetic mutation. Probably not at the olympia level

probably not at all... that's one of those that you wonder how they call it a "syndrome" because that's a gift to so many of us

Top Bottom