napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Substances that would improve depression and motivation in the gym.

Mateo3xm

I'm looking for something that could improve depression, anxiety, motivation and drive.
I'm having a problem staying motivated and focused.

Is there anything I could take to help?

I will stay consistent working out 4-6 times a week, for about 2 months and see amazing gains, then about the 2-2.5 month mark I'll fall into a deep depressions and become lethargic and uninterested in anything.
It's almost like my body switches something on at about that point.
I am on a very low dose of ssri's but have tried a dozen different brands with varying doses. And nothing has helped. I'm wondering if it's an issue with hormones.
I have taken blood tests and my levels were all deamed normal, test was 500 something.

This has been happening for probably 3-5 years, I am 32.

I am taking nothing at the moment but I did take a test booster a couple months ago and after a couple weeks I noticed I had a ton more energy, I was motivated and was much stronger. The reason I stopped taking it was I could not sleep at all while on it, not even with sleeping pills.

I have never tried any type of steroid or sarm or test booster besides this recent one.

I'm curious if any of you can relate to this or have advice on something that could help.
I'm considering taking something like proviron to give a sense of wellbeing and help libido because I have none.

Another thing to consider is I am not overweight and do have muscle, I'm about 184lbs and 5'9.

I'm very open to criticism as long as it's constructive.

I've seen drs and therapists and nothing has helped much.
I just feel like at 32 I'm way too young to feel this disinterested in everything even the things I love to do like weightlifting.
Thank you for the time.

Have you tried any stimulants or preworkouts? Sometimes those can help to some degree, but really it sounds to me like it's more mental than anything. You're going to have to find a way to drive and push yourself. Nothing is a replacement for that. One thing I like to incorporate is a week off about once every 3-4 months. It's extremely beneficial and I listen to my body and know when it's time to take one. I usually go back to the gym ready to kill it and the gains usually come hard and fast. Also changing up things and your workout can help. How often are you training and how long, how much volume, etc? If there is any possibility you are training more than you can recover, that's also something that will lead to a drop in drive and motivation because you aren't giving your body the time to recover and overtraining. Just some things to think about

I'm looking for something that could improve depression, anxiety, motivation and drive.

I will stay consistent working out 4-6 times a week, for about 2 months and see amazing gains, then about the 2-2.5 month mark I'll fall into a deep depressions and become lethargic and uninterested in anything.
I am on a very low dose of ssri's but have tried a dozen different brands with varying doses. And nothing has helped. I'm wondering if it's an issue with hormones.
I have taken blood tests and my levels were all deamed normal, test was 500 something.

I am taking nothing at the moment but I did take a test booster a couple months ago and after a couple weeks I noticed I had a ton more energy, I was motivated and was much stronger. The reason I stopped taking it was I could not sleep at all while on it, not even with sleeping pills.

I have never tried any type of steroid or sarm or test booster besides this recent one.

I'm curious if any of you can relate to this or have advice on something that could help.
I'm considering taking something like proviron to give a sense of wellbeing and help libido because I have none.

Another thing to consider is I am not overweight and do have muscle, I'm about 184lbs and 5'9.

I just feel like at 32 I'm way too young to feel this disinterested in everything even the things I love to do like weightlifting.
Thank you for the time.

Man If anybody knows anything about SSRI'S , you've found him.
I'll tell you when you're depressed it's hard enough to leave the house much less go to a gym and train when you are feel like you just want to stay in bed all day. I have had multiple diagnosis physical being degeneration of the spine and due to
What were probably work related, psych diagnosis of PTSD and depression. I have trouble being in crowds and don't like people behind me, so gym is tough. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia to so they've tried to use multiple SSRI'S to alleve fibromyalgia pain and joints along with anxiety depression. Guaranteed your loss of libido is result of the med you are on. I can't take any of them because I am hypersensitive to them. I had no energy on most and a couple I couldn't get out of bed, they caused more depression. Reservatrol was one they tried and now they are paying out big money because the boys developed male breasts! mimicking estrogen and shutting Test down. I don't know why your interest would drop after two months though? I would look at what you are doing different. I'm surprised you are able to lift at all. The meds will also add 10 to 15 pounds of fat right around the belly and you really can't prevent it. I had too many side effects and little help for depression and pain that I just don't take them. You said you tried a test booster but you didn't say what? If you don't want to touch any gear I would at least look at an anti estrogen, I know those medication mimic estrogen, I also would think that gains would be extremely slow or almost none at all. I am shocked that you are doing as well as you are. I don't know how severe your depression is but try to stay at lowest dose possible or get rid of that stuff if you can. I didn't get depressed when I was lifting continuously for 15 years I didn't get anxiety. I never realized how much working out gets all that toxic stress out of the body, it wasn't til my back pain stopped me lifting for awhile that all this mental stuff began to surface. If I could go back I would lift medium to light weights and just try multiple angles and just anything to get a good pump. At the time I started lifting and for years after, everyone said you had to lift extremely heavy to get big gains, there were no light days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
i've tried every ssri, and tons of other meds, adderall included. they usually helped with the anxiety/paranoia but never with the depression. it sounds to me like you are hoping for a pill to fix you, and in my experience that's not always the case. i've tried nootropics, pretty much anything that at one time has shown to boost mood. you have done this cycle over and over it sounds like, so after a few months in the gym of course you are expecting it to happen again, and because of that it does. it took me a long time to figure out how to work around those issues, one of them is putting a calendar up where i can see it, and marking when i've went to the gym. diet and consistent training have helped with that a ton, hopefully you are including regular cardio. i'll also say you might not enjoy doing something you used to, but just the act of doing it anyway, over and over will probably help you through it. almost like how research shows when you smile, even when you aren't happy that triggers certain things in your brain. it might feel like just going through the motions of things you used to enjoy, but we all do things we don't want to do that sometimes benefit us. somebody said the worst workout is the one you didn't do. the more momentum i gain, the better i am overall. if i don't go to the gym for a few days, i can feel all that stuff start to creep back.

also i'd go to a endo and get a full workup done, as well getting checked for sleep apnea if you feel tired even when you get up from sleeping for awhile. you don't have to be fat to have apnea, and fixing that was a massive help in getting me out of my rut.

Thank you for the time.

Take kava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking about how you needed something to get you going and get your energy up and you wanted something to also help with anxiety. There isn't anything I can think of that will give you energy and help with anxiety, for example caffeine it will give you energy, but it's going to also raise your anxiety levels also. Rob Thomas suggested Kava- that will help anxiety a bit but it will relax you. About twenty years ago two teachers I worked with had a vitamin pack that had a Kava that I have never been able to come across again. I'd take it about an hour before bed and I could swear it felt like I'd taken 10 Mgs of Valium, it relaxed me and I slept great with no hangover! But I have no idea what the packet was or was called it was legal and I think they were distributors. I've tried others Kava kavas but none have come close. Good luck, but keep working out, your anxiety will get better. Good luck, I know it sucks and a lot of people. Don't understand.

Last edited:
Have you tried any stimulants or preworkouts? Sometimes those can help to some degree, but really it sounds to me like it's more mental than anything. You're going to have to find a way to drive and push yourself. Nothing is a replacement for that. One thing I like to incorporate is a week off about once every 3-4 months. It's extremely beneficial and I listen to my body and know when it's time to take one. I usually go back to the gym ready to kill it and the gains usually come hard and fast. Also changing up things and your workout can help. How often are you training and how long, how much volume, etc? If there is any possibility you are training more than you can recover, that's also something that will lead to a drop in drive and motivation because you aren't giving your body the time to recover and overtraining. Just some things to think about

I definitely use stimulants sometimes for pre workouts. As far as training more than I can recover, I am guilty of that at times. It seems to take my body so long to recover now. I never use to have that problem but age must be setting in. When I'm consistant for those months before I crash, I'd say I'm working out 4-6 times a week for 1-2 hours.
Thank you for responding Sir.

Man If anybody knows anything about SSRI'S , you've found him.
I'll tell you when you're depressed it's hard enough to leave the house much less go to a gym and train when you are feel like you just want to stay in bed all day. I have had multiple diagnosis physical being degeneration of the spine and due to
What were probably work related, psych diagnosis of PTSD and depression. I have trouble being in crowds and don't like people behind me, so gym is tough. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia to so they've tried to use multiple SSRI'S to alleve fibromyalgia pain and joints along with anxiety depression. Guaranteed your loss of libido is result of the med you are on. I can't take any of them because I am hypersensitive to them. I had no energy on most and a couple I couldn't get out of bed, they caused more depression. Reservatrol was one they tried and now they are paying out big money because the boys developed male breasts! mimicking estrogen and shutting Test down. I don't know why your interest would drop after two months though? I would look at what you are doing different. I'm surprised you are able to lift at all. The meds will also add 10 to 15 pounds of fat right around the belly and you really can't prevent it. I had too many side effects and little help for depression and pain that I just don't take them. You said you tried a test booster but you didn't say what? If you don't want to touch any gear I would at least look at an anti estrogen, I know those medication mimic estrogen, I also would think that gains would be extremely slow or almost none at all. I am shocked that you are doing as well as you are. I don't know how severe your depression is but try to stay at lowest dose possible or get rid of that stuff if you can. I didn't get depressed when I was lifting continuously for 15 years I didn't get anxiety. I never realized how much working out gets all that toxic stress out of the body, it wasn't til my back pain stopped me lifting for awhile that all this mental stuff began to surface. If I could go back I would lift medium to light weights and just try multiple angles and just anything to get a good pump. At the time I started lifting and for years after, everyone said you had to lift extremely heavy to get big gains, there were no light days.

Thank you for your input Sir,

ssri's are terrible but they're the only thing that gets rid of most of my social anxiety. Kratom helps tremendously as well, but it is addictive.
I know for sure the meds are absolutely killing my libido. IDK whats normal for an early 30s male but I could go without relieving myself for months and don't really have much interest in sex.
The test booster is Zhzou Boost elite premium test booster.
I suspect there could be some type of mild steroid or sarm in it that isn't mentioned on the bottle.

Thank you so much for your response and I hope and pray that you get everything sorted out.

Which Kratom strain do you suggest? I have Bali right now and it works ok. This post couldnt speak to me more, I suffer from the same problems.

Look into a white maeng da (wmd-p). Heard it's good for energy and focus. For some pain a white Sumatra was recommended. But the WMD-p would be a better overall choice. I'm still looking into it all myself.

Robolics Representative. PM for details.

Look into a white maeng da (wmd-p). Heard it's good for energy and focus. For some pain a white Sumatra was recommended. But the WMD-p would be a better overall choice. I'm still looking into it all myself.

Robolics Representative. PM for details.

Awesom. Ty. The main problem I have with Kratom is getting it down. If I mix it with anything I will throw it up every time. I've been wraping 2 grams in half a fruit roll up and getting it down that way, all that sugar is counter productive though.

Top Bottom