napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

It's ok to take time off...

bodean30

So I finally realized it's ok to take time off from the gym. It wasn't my choice, but it happened. I had to leave town for about 10 days for work in the middle of nowhere Texas. During those 10 days I constantly kept thinking about how I'm losing all my hard earned gains. About the only exercise options I had were body weight movements (push ups, pull ups, squats) and some cinder blocks for curls lol.

Something great came of this. I didn't realize how much my joints and tendons were hurting until they stopped hurting. I had one of the best workouts ever when I got back home. I feel almost rejuvenated.

Maybe it was being in the land of The 44 that preserved my gains. I did feel an odd tingle in my balls as soon as I crossed that Texas border 🤔.

Anyways... Back at it and feeling great. This EQ should be kicking in full strength pretty soon so it's time to make the most of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Time off is one of those things that we know is good for us, but at the same time find it so hard to do sometimes. Taking a whole week off from the gym, I have all this free time and don't know what to do with myself. Nowadays, I usually compromise with myself and take regular deloads about every 6 weeks.

Interesting, I reside in the land of The 44, but never correlated this with the tingle in my balls.

ive talked about this several times and its more than imperative to take time off... you dont realize it in the moment, but you come back far better than before... that rest has numerous benefits that you NEED to make bigger gains

So I finally realized it's ok to take time off from the gym. It wasn't my choice, but it happened. I had to leave town for about 10 days for work in the middle of nowhere Texas. During those 10 days I constantly kept thinking about how I'm losing all my hard earned gains. About the only exercise options I had were body weight movements (push ups, pull ups, squats) and some cinder blocks for curls lol.

Something great came of this. I didn't realize how much my joints and tendons were hurting until they stopped hurting. I had one of the best workouts ever when I got back home. I feel almost rejuvenated.

Maybe it was being in the land of The 44 that preserved my gains. I did feel an odd tingle in my balls as soon as I crossed that Texas border 🤔.

Anyways... Back at it and feeling great. This EQ should be kicking in full strength pretty soon so it's time to make the most of it.

Dude, I've preached the benefits of time off constantly over the years. It's actually better for your body AND your gains to do so. I usually take a full 7-10 days off completely every 3 to 4 months. It helps my body heal any nagging injuries and let's my body recover. EVERY time I go back to training my gains take off as my body appreciates the break and responds incredible to that stimulus again. I do this regularly to break plateaus. Once people can grasp the concept that it takes a LONG time to atrophy and lose gains, and understand the benefits of time off, it can make a drastic difference in progress

Dude, I've preached the benefits of time off constantly over the years. It's actually better for your body AND your gains to do so. I usually take a full 7-10 days off completely every 3 to 4 months. It helps my body heal any nagging injuries and let's my body recover. EVERY time I go back to training my gains take off as my body appreciates the break and responds incredible to that stimulus again. I do this regularly to break plateaus. Once people can grasp the concept that it takes a LONG time to atrophy and lose gains, and understand the benefits of time off, it can make a drastic difference in progress

I think most of us "know" this, but how many actually practice it? I'm certainly guilty and this was a good lesson for me. I was stalling on some lifts and now I feel like I can blast through those plateaus.

I should have deloaded before starting this cycle, but stubbornness prevailed.

Rick, how do you schedule your time off? During your cruise I assume.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

do any of you guys prefer a deload week instead taking full days off ? i found that having a deload week has been very beneficial at getting my energy levels back up, feeling more rested, and still allows me to go the gym so i'm at least staying active.

Last edited:

Pussy... just kidding. Where in Texas bro? I'd have brought your ass some DB's!!

So your saying I can have a tingle in my balls also just by visiting the land of the 44????

Interesting... lol

Couldn't have said it better man.

I think most of us "know" this, but how many actually practice it? I'm certainly guilty and this was a good lesson for me. I was stalling on some lifts and now I feel like I can blast through those plateaus.

I should have deloaded before starting this cycle, but stubbornness prevailed.

Rick, how do you schedule your time off? During your cruise I assume.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yes, my time off is typicslly always scheduled during a cruise bit I have even done it on blasts depending on timing and how my body feels

do any of you guys prefer a deload week instead taking full days off ? i found that having a deload week has been very beneficial at getting my energy levels back up, feeling more rested, and still allows me to go the gym so i'm at least staying active.
Honestly bro....I've found just taking the time off completely to be far more beneficial than a deload. I consider deloads more for people that just can't come to terms with taking time off the gym, but still have some benefit....even though it would be better for them to just take the whole time off.

I absolutely love taking time off! Just as a majority of people have said, you come back feeling eager and ready to smash it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love taking time off! Just as a majority of people have said, you come back feeling eager and ready to smash it!

exactly... when you take, say even a few days off, you feel like its been years and you are so eager to get back in and so excited... you have more energy and more focus than when you beat yourself down and lose motivation etc... you never never never want to over do it...

exactly... when you take, say even a few days off, you feel like its been years and you are so eager to get back in and so excited... you have more energy and more focus than when you beat yourself down and lose motivation etc... you never never never want to over do it...

Yeah man! It's some of the best advice I've gotten. If it was my life and all I did was train that would be different. Going to school, working 12-13 hours days, and training...time off makes me feel amazing!

Top Bottom