napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Training after a cold/infection

44YOGearHead

So about 6 days ago I started feeling ill. The weather here is kinda whacky. 40's in the morning, high of 80, 60's at night. You leave your AC on and just don't know what to expect. Yesterday for example it was overcast with showers and 74 at 6am, the high temp for the day was 91. We have an expected cold front moving in this afternoon with heavy showers possible... WTH. Anyways, one morning I woke up and knew I was coming own with a cold so I started to Theraflu it up to no avail. The next few days and somewhat today were filled with congestion, body aches, loss of appetite and phlegm coughs that would leave me light headed feeling as if I might pass out momentarily. I still went to the gym all but 3 days. Two days were normal off days and one I felt too bad to go and laid in bed for hours.
So today I felt 98% better and went to hit legs and back. Legs went fine with the exception of my calf is jacked up from 10 days ago when I was doing calf raises and it popped and gave me a helluva pain. I thought I snapped the tendon, but didn't thank goodness. This happens time to time and takes about 4-6 weeks to heal. So calves are regulated to body weight exercises only for a while. Problem today was this, I got winded. Standard 15-20 seconds rest between sets and I got smoked doing my final exercise (side laterals). I'm drinking kale/spinach/various fruit smoothies and shit like that to keep vitamins up and support my health. WTH else might I do? I think it might be due to the amoxicillin I've been taking.

I'm in the same boat. Have a cold now. I'm all motivated still to lift but by about my 3rd set into it I'm winded and hurting. Fucking blows. Swear it happens every time I start a cycle.

I'm in the same boat. Have a cold now. I'm all motivated still to lift but by about my 3rd set into it I'm winded and hurting. Fucking blows. Swear it happens every time I start a cycle.

I remember you saying you went thru some shit on a new cycle awhile back. Definitely sucks, I mean my strength and shit is good, I just got fucking winded today and that shit never happens to me. Might be the tren maybe, but seems so unlikely considering. I saw somewhere that antibiotics are counter-productive while on cycle and I feel like a lil beeyatch today behind running outta gas.

I remember you saying you went thru some shit on a new cycle awhile back. Definitely sucks, I mean my strength and shit is good, I just got fucking winded today and that shit never happens to me. Might be the tren maybe, but seems so unlikely considering. I saw somewhere that antibiotics are counter-productive while on cycle and I feel like a lil beeyatch today behind running outta gas.
My first go at sarms I retweeked my rotator cuff injury. I'm used to nothing but good luck like this

I had that exact same set of symptoms 44, although the body aches were pretty minimal. I have been taking a dose of Guaifenesin (expectorant for chest congestion and mucus) before workouts. Loosens everything up for me, so I am constantly blowing my nose and coughing up a lung or two during my workout, but I can make it through without getting winded. Plus everyone looking at me like I have the plague keeps people from bothering me.

Sickness sucks, and I hear ya on what it does to training and appetite. We've all been there. You'll rebound from it in no time bro

The way I go about it is if I'm sick from the neck up(head cold,sniffling,sneezing,low fever,headache) I workout.From the neck down(flu,body aches,respiratory issues,coughing,nausea,shits) I take some time off.The way I see it your body needs the energy to beat that sickness & it's only going to prolong it when those resources are going to building muscle.

Definitely understand all replies. Felt like shit mixed with shit. I have some Mucinex in the cabinet that'll be on the menu tonight. I just don't wanna be hacking up a lung in the gym again like Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom