napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Training Problems, Tips

Dude, quit guessing. Training your biceps and triceps (both small muscle groups) 3x a week in addition to what they do on back and chest/shoulders days is overkill. You're coming off like you have no idea on how to train at all. Seriously.
1. do compound exercises- you're to small to be worried about detailed individual muscles.
2. Eat like a horse because you need size before anything else will happen
3. invest in a bodybuilding book with beginner routines. Follow those routines, you are not an intermediate lifter, nor advanced.
4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.

Man I love you for taking time to explain to newbie. Damn I just don't have patience. It takes years for results. They want quick change. If it were that easy everybody will be Mr O lol

Hey aren't u going to be so proud of me. I went from 14inch to 16in in arms[emoji12]
Come visit me so I can spank u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think you need to eat more calories and train heavier.

i wouldnt do biceps on back day and triceps on chest day. do chest and back one day then arms later in the week.

for triceps do some heavy barbell close grip bench press. heavy dips. skull crushers. behind the neck extensions, close grip pushdowns.

for biceps do heavy barbell cheat curls. hammer curls. dumbell alternate turnout curls (curl with twist, wrist supination), incline curls, preacher curls

do all of these HEAVY for 8-12 reps. you need HEAVY weight to build mass.

When you hit a plateau you changed your rep range?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I don't change my rep range. I stay within the hypertrophy range, but each workout I will add a rep or two until my reps are high enough that I need to add weight. That is the principle of progressive overload.

When my progress stalls I switch out exercise selection. Another thing I holy recommend is taking a week off or a deload week about once every 3-4 months. That always helps me progress as well

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Man I love you for taking time to explain to newbie. Damn I just don't have patience. It takes years for results. They want quick change. If it were that easy everybody will be Mr O lol

Hey aren't u going to be so proud of me. I went from 14inch to 16in in arms[emoji12]
Come visit me so I can spank u!

This summer I'm coming to see you for certain... we'll see who spanks who in the end lol. 16" guns huh... you know I'm your biggest fan and always proud of your achievements. You, to me, are the perfect balance of femininity and muscularity bundled into one beautiful package. You know this already. You to me are the perfect picture of what I love about women... just in one sweet package. You own me lol.

JeffFran, I think you need to 1. quit comparing yourself and your results to others, 2. Revamp your routine, it's more what you do and how it feels versus just doing exercises and a predetermined number of sets/reps, 3. Learn your body in the gym and out of it recovery wise, 4. Realize any physique worth having takes time - real time as in years. If I were you, I'd quit looking in the mirror and hit the gym in sweats head to toe. Do yourself the favor of NOT looking for gains so quickly. One year from now look at yourself, make a note about any weaknesses and cover up again and get another year under your belt. Time, nutrition and feeling that you have truly worked yourself into a puddle of sweat is the key to getting gainz. TIME, RECOVERY and QUALITY LIFTS THAT CHALLENGE YOU are all any of us need to grow.

Jeff ...... You have to find yourself bro.... only you can do this....... no one can tell you ..... just lift and enjoy.... its exactly like GH stated so clearly....... 4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.........

In fact couple months ago I went to a friends' party which I hadn't seen them for a year or so and they said that I was jackked and more muscular, I was happy because they noticed a change and as I see myself everyday I can't.
That boosted my confidence and you are right I must not expect immediate changes, but sometimes it's hard. But my arms are definetely not growing for almost a year now and that's a real fact since measurements can't lie.

i think you need to eat more calories and train heavier.

i wouldnt do biceps on back day and triceps on chest day. do chest and back one day then arms later in the week.

for triceps do some heavy barbell close grip bench press. heavy dips. skull crushers. behind the neck extensions, close grip pushdowns.

for biceps do heavy barbell cheat curls. hammer curls. dumbell alternate turnout curls (curl with twist, wrist supination), incline curls, preacher curls

do all of these HEAVY for 8-12 reps. you need HEAVY weight to build mass.

I enjoy your advice bro. I have been doing heavy weights for more than a year and they haven't grown, that was the reason why I started this thread but anyways I will do heavy training and adding up some high reps.

I don't change my rep range. I stay within the hypertrophy range, but each workout I will add a rep or two until my reps are high enough that I need to add weight. That is the principle of progressive overload.

When my progress stalls I switch out exercise selection. Another thing I holy recommend is taking a week off or a deload week about once every 3-4 months. That always helps me progress as well

You are saying a week of completely from training? Or just the muscle group that you hit a plateau?

JeffFran, I think you need to 1. quit comparing yourself and your results to others, 2. Revamp your routine, it's more what you do and how it feels versus just doing exercises and a predetermined number of sets/reps, 3. Learn your body in the gym and out of it recovery wise, 4. Realize any physique worth having takes time - real time as in years. If I were you, I'd quit looking in the mirror and hit the gym in sweats head to toe. Do yourself the favor of NOT looking for gains so quickly. One year from now look at yourself, make a note about any weaknesses and cover up again and get another year under your belt. Time, nutrition and feeling that you have truly worked yourself into a puddle of sweat is the key to getting gainz. TIME, RECOVERY and QUALITY LIFTS THAT CHALLENGE YOU are all any of us need to grow.

I really appreciate from my heart all your effort for trying to help me. I will stop doing what I have been doing... Looking at the mirror constantly and being "obsessed" with my progress. I will take pictures once in a while to compare my progress.
I am really dedicated, this have been a lifestyle, something for a lifetime not for a while and then give up. Same as diet, it's a lifestyle, I am not "dieting" even though it was quite hard at the beggining.
I will post in a future a progress pictures because I will apply some advices and being more focused than ever. It's unquestioanble that I will have gains and results with all that effort and I will be very happy to achieve them and show them to all you guys.
I hope I can put all of you proud by applying all your advices

I really appreciate from my heart all your effort for trying to help me. I will stop doing what I have been doing... Looking at the mirror constantly and being "obsessed" with my progress. I will take pictures once in a while to compare my progress.
I am really dedicated, this have been a lifestyle, something for a lifetime not for a while and then give up. Same as diet, it's a lifestyle, I am not "dieting" even though it was quite hard at the beggining.
I will post in a future a progress pictures because I will apply some advices and being more focused than ever. It's unquestioanble that I will have gains and results with all that effort and I will be very happy to achieve them and show them to all you guys.
I hope I can put all of you proud by applying all your advices

Just remember to progress at anything, you have to leave your comfort zone behind and take it to new heights. Heavy, hard and beyond what you might consider pushing it will always yield results. Complacency is the GAINZ killer bro. Good luck, kick ass and destroy shit.

In fact couple months ago I went to a friends' party which I hadn't seen them for a year or so and they said that I was jackked and more muscular, I was happy because they noticed a change and as I see myself everyday I can't.
That boosted my confidence and you are right I must not expect immediate changes, but sometimes it's hard. But my arms are definetely not growing for almost a year now and that's a real fact since measurements can't lie.

Keep the pace bro!!!

You are saying a week of completely from training? Or just the muscle group that you hit a plateau?

I take a week off completely from everything about once every 3-4 months., or sometimes I will do a deload where I just workout with weights about 50% of normal working load without anything going to failure. I much prefer the whole week off though. I find that my body benefits most from that and I come back and really start getting big gains again. Not enough people do this and give their bodies the breaks it needs, and it actually sets them back by not taking time off when your body needs it

This summer I'm coming to see you for certain... we'll see who spanks who in the end lol. 16" guns huh... you know I'm your biggest fan and always proud of your achievements. You, to me, are the perfect balance of femininity and muscularity bundled into one beautiful package. You know this already. You to me are the perfect picture of what I love about women... just in one sweet package. You own me lol.

U got owned by this 5'3 midget [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I take a week off completely from everything about once every 3-4 months., or sometimes I will do a deload where I just workout with weights about 50% of normal working load without anything going to failure. I much prefer the whole week off though. I find that my body benefits most from that and I come back and really start getting big gains again. Not enough people do this and give their bodies the breaks it needs, and it actually sets them back by not taking time off when your body needs it

Ive done that before... you fill out real nice as well.... key for me is don't go over two weeks...

If I were you, I'd quit looking in the mirror and hit the gym in sweats head to toe. Do yourself the favor of NOT looking for gains so quickly. One year from now look at yourself, make a note about any weaknesses and cover up again and get another year under your belt..

Love this and I'll explain why, killing yourself in the gym you want to see results, if you look at yourself everyday you really won't notice much if anything. I normally wear long sleeve shirts in the gym here at work, I leave for home right after training. By the time I get home my pump is gone and I'm back to normal, Once a month or so right after training I'll take my shirt off in the gym bathroom, that is my motivation for the next month, when I say holy shit look at that mofo!!!!

Love this and I'll explain why, killing yourself in the gym you want to see results, if you look at yourself everyday you really won't notice much if anything. I normally wear long sleeve shirts in the gym here at work, I leave for home right after training. By the time I get home my pump is gone and I'm back to normal, Once a month or so right after training I'll take my shirt off in the gym bathroom, that is my motivation for the next month, when I say holy shit look at that mofo!!!!

Exactly bro.... that's the intent and the way to keep motivated! Hypertrophy wasn't build in a day... or was that Rome?

I can be naughtier if u want me too [emoji48]

If I already admitted to having a infinitely huge thing for you, why you have to make it even bigger by saying that? I think we can set some PR's together...

Dude, quit guessing. Training your biceps and triceps (both small muscle groups) 3x a week in addition to what they do on back and chest/shoulders days is overkill. You're coming off like you have no idea on how to train at all. Seriously.
1. do compound exercises- you're to small to be worried about detailed individual muscles.
2. Eat like a horse because you need size before anything else will happen
3. invest in a bodybuilding book with beginner routines. Follow those routines, you are not an intermediate lifter, nor advanced.
4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.

Preach it brother :thumbup:

Jeffran This will make you grow when pushed to the limit.Forget about curls & do bent over rows & pull-ups.Forget about skull crushers & kick backs & do dips & bench presses(wide & close).Start with reps of 8 & go to 10-12 before you raise the weight.FEEL each stretch & contraction.By the time you reach your last set,the muscle should be completely exhausted.
http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/post...-5-best-compound-movements-for-maximum-gains/

Top Bottom