napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Tuna and Water-revisited

drb_iac

I often get asked what kind of diet I am on, and the answer is always,"depends upon what I am trying to achieve". It is kind of like what we do with cycles. If I am bulking I will add about 600 calories and use what I call concentrated carbs. These are the starches, oats, sweet potatoes,cream of wheat etc, plus about 2 extra cans of tuna. That is it, that simple. When cutting I use non concentrated carbs such as lots of different vegetables, some cottage cheese and other diary and lower my total carbs but up my fats a bit. Sometimes I kick start a cut cycle with steak and eggs for two weeks. This always gives me maximum cuts.
Today I am going to toss out advice like baseballs on opening day. I throw fastballs, curves, a sloppy change of pace and the infamous looptyloop. About once a year I tell everyone,including myself, to eat tuna and drink water -- only -- in an attempt to get their attention. Seems this pre-cutting little trick keeps coming up every time I enter the gym. That is, it's driving me crazy. They have crazy questions, doubts and vacant stares.
What exactly is it you don't understand about tuna and water, anyway? Here at the DrB Research Clinic, the studies go on. "Tuna and water" is a training technique practiced to break bad habits and force the trainee into new controls, like short-stepping a boxer with cords to his ankles to prevent him from flat footing in the ring.
"Tuna and water" also serves to clean the dietary slate, pause the irregularity of
eating-gone-sloppy, provide the internal system with healthful, uncomplicated ingredients, drop the carb and fat calories while maintaining the protein, allow the hormones and enzymes to settle down and generally rid the mind and body of the noise, clutter and clatter -- the kaleidoscope of food, food and food. Very scientific. The intrigue, the challenge and the hope the diet technique provides are perhaps the most substantial advantages. It's simplicity and absurdities are attractive.

For those in the dark, the rather entertaining and fulfilling scheme goes like this: You are going to eat tuna and water for three straight days. Choose your starting day. Psyche up. You'll be consuming water by the jugs -- at least two quarts a day -- and one to one-and-a-half grams of protein per pound of bodyweight in six equal servings throughout the day. Back this with your vitamins and minerals morning and night, eight capsules of branch-chain amino acids (key muscle building protein) before and after your workouts and a nightly portion of Metamucil for fiber. Sitting in a lotus position and inhaling through the nostrils and exhaling through the mouth is optional.
Later in the week, as the pop-top cans pile up in the kitchen corner, bring in chicken, low-fat cottage cheese, salad and your favorite steamed vegetable to fortify your menu without expanding it significantly. Add slowly to your food intake seeking the food balance that works for you. I push the 40-30-30 ratio (protein, carbohydrate, fat) to accommodate most systems and needs. You're fueling the body and feeding the muscle.
Weighing 210 pounds my protein goal is 220 to 330 grams (7 to 10 3.5-ounce cans… Oh boy), which provides approximately 900 to 1320 calories… way low on the energy scale. Someone (the researcher, the intellect, the conformist) will declare that this starving tactic causes hoarding of calories and muscle will be sought as fuel. The DrB research clinic counters..

Remembering and considering your source of information -- me -- you can expect that I excuse my rather broad application of science, numbers, details as minutia, justifying, rationalizing, confusing and assuring the reader their system will adapt and provide the missing calories from stored fat while sparing the muscle. I believe this is so if the body is upright and conditioned, in deference to upside-down and unconditioned. A body reasonably well introduced to the anabolic state (trained) can endure and prosper from this aggressive diet-training approach for a limited term. The unconditioned new trainer, under-muscled and fat, can no doubt use the novel protein influx and appreciate the blast of discipline. There's tons of room for the scientist to argue and turn me inside-out, but there is something in application that rubs gallantly against science on special occasions.
Work and exercise lightly to accommodate a temporary low-calorie strength loss. Press on as the body adapts and as you become familiar and confident. This is a rigid practice to test your resolve. Follow the frequent meal placement practice, adding fresh-squeezed lemon, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco sauce or salsa to the main curse… er… I mean, main course… for culinary delight.
Here's a delightful bedtime snack: tuna from the can, scoop of cottage cheese and cool, clear water. Combine this with some of the body's naturally released growth hormone during your deep sleep and presto: a pile of shapely muscle.
If you must (for any one of a thousand reasons), substitute a small water and protein powder drink as your pre-workout and post-workout meals. Just three days latter you are mentally and physically ready to begin cutting. I like to cut with a bit of testosterone cypionate in my system. Not too much, just enough so that I do not feel puny. When I was younger I used to cut on 200mgs test and 25mg dbol or 200mgs test with 50mgs trenA, or 200mgs test and 5 weeks of good ol wimpy winny.
So keep in mind our cycles. If we design a 12 week tren cycle then we don't go 20 weeks with it. This tuna and water diet is to achieve a goal and the cycle length is 3 days. Stick to 3 days.

Something pretty funny.

So I told a buddy about the tuna and water diet. He wanted a crazy diet with quick results, so we discussed it, I laid it out for him plain and simple.

I walk in to the office two days later, and this fucker is drinking a redbull eating the kind of tuna that comes with mayo and crackers. Hahaha I gave him a ton of shit for it but apparently he looks at "liquids" as water. And tuna to him is those tuna snack kits lol.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Something pretty funny.

So I told a buddy about the tuna and water diet. He wanted a crazy diet with quick results, so we discussed it, I laid it out for him plain and simple.

I walk in to the office two days later, and this fucker is drinking a redbull eating the kind of tuna that comes with mayo and crackers. Hahaha I gave him a ton of shit for it but apparently he looks at "liquids" as water. And tuna to him is those tuna snack kits lol.

Peeps are friggin crazy bro. I had a similar situation. Guy begs me for a quick way to loose weight. I spend time going over tuna and water, he says great, he will do anything to loose weight.The very next day he says..hey bro, man I am hungry on this diet.I want to loose weight but I am not going to put up with being hungry.WTF? I just shook my head and told him to google the ice cream diet.

Peeps are friggin crazy bro. I had a similar situation. Guy begs me for a quick way to loose weight. I spend time going over tuna and water, he says great, he will do anything to loose weight.The very next day he says..hey bro, man I am hungry on this diet.I want to loose weight but I am not going to put up with being hungry.WTF? I just shook my head and told him to google the ice cream diet.

I've heard that many times too. You have to sacrifice in order to get results. Can't have both. I had a guy tell me he eats so much but can't seem to gain weight. I asked him what his diet looks like and he said he eats twice a day lol. I told him he needs to eat more and he told me he can't because he's already full and doesn't have the appetite.. Some people just aren't cut out for this.

Something pretty funny.

Lol this is hilarious

Something pretty funny.

Lol, that sounds like the dieting strategies of some of the guys I work with

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I liked to have pissed my pants laughing today. I asked him if he did the tuna or not and he said he made it through breakfast , lunch and dinner on day one, but that night he was craving ice cream, so he ate 1/2 gallon. He said.."I had to,I was starving" So he made 0 days!!!

I often get asked what kind of diet I am on, and the answer is always,"depends upon what I am trying to achieve". It is kind of like what we do with cycles. If I am bulking I will add about 600 calories and use what I call concentrated carbs. These are the starches, oats, sweet potatoes,cream of wheat etc, plus about 2 extra cans of tuna. That is it, that simple. When cutting I use non concentrated carbs such as lots of different vegetables, some cottage cheese and other diary and lower my total carbs but up my fats a bit. Sometimes I kick start a cut cycle with steak and eggs for two weeks. This always gives me maximum cuts.
Today I am going to toss out advice like baseballs on opening day. I throw fastballs, curves, a sloppy change of pace and the infamous looptyloop. About once a year I tell everyone,including myself, to eat tuna and drink water -- only -- in an attempt to get their attention. Seems this pre-cutting little trick keeps coming up every time I enter the gym. That is, it's driving me crazy. They have crazy questions, doubts and vacant stares.
What exactly is it you don't understand about tuna and water, anyway? Here at the DrB Research Clinic, the studies go on. "Tuna and water" is a training technique practiced to break bad habits and force the trainee into new controls, like short-stepping a boxer with cords to his ankles to prevent him from flat footing in the ring.
"Tuna and water" also serves to clean the dietary slate, pause the irregularity of
eating-gone-sloppy, provide the internal system with healthful, uncomplicated ingredients, drop the carb and fat calories while maintaining the protein, allow the hormones and enzymes to settle down and generally rid the mind and body of the noise, clutter and clatter -- the kaleidoscope of food, food and food. Very scientific. The intrigue, the challenge and the hope the diet technique provides are perhaps the most substantial advantages. It's simplicity and absurdities are attractive.

For those in the dark, the rather entertaining and fulfilling scheme goes like this: You are going to eat tuna and water for three straight days. Choose your starting day. Psyche up. You'll be consuming water by the jugs -- at least two quarts a day -- and one to one-and-a-half grams of protein per pound of bodyweight in six equal servings throughout the day. Back this with your vitamins and minerals morning and night, eight capsules of branch-chain amino acids (key muscle building protein) before and after your workouts and a nightly portion of Metamucil for fiber. Sitting in a lotus position and inhaling through the nostrils and exhaling through the mouth is optional.
Later in the week, as the pop-top cans pile up in the kitchen corner, bring in chicken, low-fat cottage cheese, salad and your favorite steamed vegetable to fortify your menu without expanding it significantly. Add slowly to your food intake seeking the food balance that works for you. I push the 40-30-30 ratio (protein, carbohydrate, fat) to accommodate most systems and needs. You're fueling the body and feeding the muscle.
Weighing 210 pounds my protein goal is 220 to 330 grams (7 to 10 3.5-ounce cans… Oh boy), which provides approximately 900 to 1320 calories… way low on the energy scale. Someone (the researcher, the intellect, the conformist) will declare that this starving tactic causes hoarding of calories and muscle will be sought as fuel. The DrB research clinic counters..

Remembering and considering your source of information -- me -- you can expect that I excuse my rather broad application of science, numbers, details as minutia, justifying, rationalizing, confusing and assuring the reader their system will adapt and provide the missing calories from stored fat while sparing the muscle. I believe this is so if the body is upright and conditioned, in deference to upside-down and unconditioned. A body reasonably well introduced to the anabolic state (trained) can endure and prosper from this aggressive diet-training approach for a limited term. The unconditioned new trainer, under-muscled and fat, can no doubt use the novel protein influx and appreciate the blast of discipline. There's tons of room for the scientist to argue and turn me inside-out, but there is something in application that rubs gallantly against science on special occasions.
Work and exercise lightly to accommodate a temporary low-calorie strength loss. Press on as the body adapts and as you become familiar and confident. This is a rigid practice to test your resolve. Follow the frequent meal placement practice, adding fresh-squeezed lemon, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco sauce or salsa to the main curse… er… I mean, main course… for culinary delight.
Here's a delightful bedtime snack: tuna from the can, scoop of cottage cheese and cool, clear water. Combine this with some of the body's naturally released growth hormone during your deep sleep and presto: a pile of shapely muscle.
If you must (for any one of a thousand reasons), substitute a small water and protein powder drink as your pre-workout and post-workout meals. Just three days latter you are mentally and physically ready to begin cutting. I like to cut with a bit of testosterone cypionate in my system. Not too much, just enough so that I do not feel puny. When I was younger I used to cut on 200mgs test and 25mg dbol or 200mgs test with 50mgs trenA, or 200mgs test and 5 weeks of good ol wimpy winny.
So keep in mind our cycles. If we design a 12 week tren cycle then we don't go 20 weeks with it. This tuna and water diet is to achieve a goal and the cycle length is 3 days. Stick to 3 days.

It works ,I've done this twice and drop an average of 8-12 #s per run. It is brutal but definately doable! Good read drb!

Just finishing up day one.. Let's see how day two treats me.

oh lord...3 days only ok? I did it for over a week, and was not clear headed . Drb swears it had something to do with me falling.So be carefull.

oh lord...3 days only ok? I did it for over a week, and was not clear headed . Drb swears it had something to do with me falling.So be carefull.

I can go longer... I remember you falling though. So.. How long you think I should go

these people are funny... you cant stuff your face and lose weight... they want this and that but dont want to even work for it nor try.. if it just doesn't miraculously happen then they dont want it anymore... it makes no sense whatsoever...

these people are funny... you cant stuff your face and lose weight... they want this and that but dont want to even work for it nor try.. if it just doesn't miraculously happen then they dont want it anymore... it makes no sense whatsoever...

what i dont understand is why people expect anything to work like some kind of wonder drug or diet you dont have do shit different or put any effort into.. its nanners. nothing in this world really works like that when it comes down to it . at lease for me. maybe im wrong and people just have it way to easy and everything is handed to them or something. you get what you give. it all takes hard work. ive never heard of any easy and low maintenance fitness program, diet or anything like that that gives results worth a shit especially quickly. that is why lazy people with low inhibition become out of shape in the first place

what i dont understand is why people expect anything to work like some kind of wonder drug or diet you dont have do shit different or put any effort into.. its nanners. nothing in this world really works like that when it comes down to it . at lease for me. maybe im wrong and people just have it way to easy and everything is handed to them or something. you get what you give. it all takes hard work. ive never heard of any easy and low maintenance fitness program, diet or anything like that that gives results worth a shit especially quickly. that is why lazy people with low inhibition become out of shape in the first place

Amen brother.. What you just said applies to all areas of life. You will NEVER stumble across success. You absolutely must be intentional if you want to win... Diet, marriage, finances, your spiritual walk.. All of it.

I think if you scroll back to the first post this tuna and water diet, by drb, it is to acheive a purpose. You use diets like you use gear...to acheive something.The original purpose was to motivate yourself and see what you are made of.Then after 3 days you buckle down on a good diet with lots of motivation

I can go longer... I remember you falling though. So.. How long you think I should go

It is for 3 days. If you feel like you can do 4 or 5 that is up to you.The purpose of the diet is to get you on your way to a good clean diet. It is not a self sufficent diet meant for long term.Read drb's original post again.

It is for 3 days. If you feel like you can do 4 or 5 that is up to you.The purpose of the diet is to get you on your way to a good clean diet. It is not a self sufficent diet meant for long term.Read drb's original post again.

That was the original plan, but then you came in and started talking shit[emoji6]. I can do 3 days or a month son!

I'll try this to kick start my fat loss
So just 6 cans of tuna a day and water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom