napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What type of syringe and needle?

^ even still there is always a chance of stopper being damaged or even coming apart with any size gauge (more so with lower gauge for sure) so im always conscious of this and fully inspect both vial and syringe everytime

Yea 18 makes perfect to draw. The only issue you'll ever have there is when you have big jugs (lol sorry had to laugh). After many pins the stopper looks like a strainer with the holes. 10ml jugs should be no problem. I've heard the issues are with the 20ml jugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you try to see the place you put the needle in the first time and just keep using that hole, it isn't nearly as bad and the waste become much much less since there aren't holes all over the top.

If you try to see the place you put the needle in the first time and just keep using that hole, it isn't nearly as bad and the waste become much much less since there aren't holes all over the top.

^Interesting concept, but odds are if you continue to draw from the exact same location from the vial chances are increased that you will also cut a chunk of plastic out from the stopper. Better off rotating

I have never had that happen yet. I use a brand new 18 each time and the hole closes right back up. I have to look really hard to find the spot. It may be that phurious and the other labs I have used use really high quality rubber stoppers or maybe I'm just lucky but mine have never cored a spot. 20ml jugs and 10ml

^Doesnt happen often, but it does happen. There is even a thread on these forums of a member who this has happened to. Continually stabbing one location will increase chances of stopper tear. Rotating it will decrease this, but may have a slight chance of minor leakage of compound as you have stated. Me personally I would rather have very minor loss of compound then risk rubber breakage which not only taints the entire viall , but in turn will expose an even greater hole in your stopper. I personally have never experienced stopper breakage.

Just because when I order pins I order 23G. I don't typically spend money on extra needles just for loading. Loading up 1.5 with a 23G isn't bad.

Needles are super cheap you may want to consider ordering a size to draw and a size to pin from allegromedical

Just because when I order pins I order 23G. I don't typically spend money on extra needles just for loading. Loading up 1.5 with a 23G isn't bad.

You should never draw and inject with the same needle bro. For sterility reasons and it also blunts the tip when pushing into the vial. It also makes sense to draw with a bigger gauge and inject with a smaller one. Needles are cheap as fuck. You can get like 100 for less than 20 bucks bro

You should never draw and inject with the same needle bro. For sterility reasons and it also blunts the tip when pushing into the vial. It also makes sense to draw with a bigger gauge and inject with a smaller one. Needles are cheap as fuck. You can get like 100 for less than 20 bucks bro

^Reminds me of back in the days, lol. I used to use 22-23g needles and both draw and pin with the same. Aww man, the things we do when were young. To be honest tho there was no internet to place orders on things as such , i used to have to either get them from buddys who sometimes had them or go to the vet and tell them my cat was sick i need needles. Theres really no reason to not do things right these days anymore to be honest. People now a days got it good man, dam..

it actually is though bro if your using the same needle to draw and inject... that's horrible honestly... your $15 in savings is not worth being sterile is it?

Agreed. Pins are so damn cheap and when I'm putting something in my body, I want to be 110% sure everything is sterile and sharp. Plus how much money is saved? $15 or so over the course of 3+ months. I would spend the extra money.

it actually is though bro if your using the same needle to draw and inject... that's horrible honestly... your $15 in savings is not worth being sterile is it?

Everyone in here assuming.. I don't draw & pin with the same needle. I just don't buy larger gauge to load with. I still switch after loading up.

Everyone in here assuming.. I don't draw & pin with the same needle. I just don't buy larger gauge to load with. I still switch after loading up.

Well one would assume by you saying you dont spend money on extra pins that your using the same one otherwise that statement makes no sense because you would still be buying extra to switch

Well one would assume by you saying you dont spend money on extra pins that your using the same one otherwise that statement makes no sense because you would still be buying extra to switch

Correct I don't spend extra money on a separate gauge needle for drawing. I get a box of a hundred and use all I have. FTR My wife is a nurse & her sisters are as well, it's common practice in medical facilities to draw & pin with the same needle FYI.

Becton, Dickinson Guide which clearly shows drawing & pinning with the same is acceptable. Again, I don't but misinformation is a bitch and it seems some in here are a bit..

BD link-> https://www.bd.com/resource.aspx?IDX=3864

Correct I don't spend extra money on a separate gauge needle for drawing. I get a box of a hundred and use all I have. FTR My wife is a nurse & her sisters are as well, it's common practice in medical facilities to draw & pin with the same needle FYI.

Becton, Dickinson Guide which clearly shows drawing & pinning with the same is acceptable. Again, I don't but misinformation is a bitch and it seems some in here are a bit..

BD link-> https://www.bd.com/resource.aspx?IDX=3864

My wife is also a nurse, and like I have stated before nurses are not trained to consider the comfort of the recipient when doing injections. They are trained to do the injections in a safe manner as quickly and efficiently as possible.

This is why you don't see them change needles or inject the oil slowly. It's more about getting them done. They don't waste time on things like that.

Also keep in mind that when nurses are giving an injection, that's probably the only injection you are getting for quite some time. With our injections you are talking about doing something on a very frequent basis, so why not take all the steps to ensure a safe, sterile, smooth, and pain free injection?

My wife is also a nurse, and like I have stated before nurses are not trained to consider the comfort of the recipient when doing injections. They are trained to do the injections in a safe manner as quickly and efficiently as possible.

This is why you don't see them change needles or inject the oil slowly. It's more about getting them done. They don't waste time on things like that.

Also keep in mind that when nurses are giving an injection, that's probably the only injection you are getting for quite some time. With our injections you are talking about doing something on a very frequent basis, so why not take all the steps to ensure a safe, sterile, smooth, and pain free injection?

I agree with Rick My wife works in a hospital in the surgery dept. The nurses also give a quick injection as 90% of ppl fear needles so they just stab you to get it over with it.

Switching the needle is technically less safe/less sterile. When you switch needles you expose critical points of the needle & syringe ports to open air, dirty air. Whereas with draw & pin, the needle comes out of the vial and the next thing it touches is alcohol cleaned skin.

I understand why doctors offices & nurses draw and pin, as others said to get it over quickly. Which is fine, my point is if they do it, there's not a huge issue with sterility like many here claim above.

Switching the needle is technically less safe/less sterile. When you switch needles you expose critical points of the needle & syringe ports to open air, dirty air. Whereas with draw & pin, the needle comes out of the vial and the next thing it touches is alcohol cleaned skin.

I understand why doctors offices & nurses draw and pin, as others said to get it over quickly. Which is fine, my point is if they do it, there's not a huge issue with sterility like many here claim above.

^Technically you are correct that switching needles does carry more risk of contamination. But there is risk with or without, and if you keep things sterile and know what your doing, the risk is decreased.

This is totally un true.

Many facilities change tips.

And the air exsposure means nothing. And is of the minimalist amount.

PHURIOUS

I have to disagree with you there. Unless you are switching tips in a dusty or contaminated atmosphere, this is null and void....and I can't think of a single person that would do that.

The risks associated with not changing the needle greatly outweigh the risks of changing it.

Top Bottom