napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What should I eat to gain muscle

Letsgetitnow

Your vids and threads have been super helpful so far. I’m trying to get a good idea of what I need to be eating on a daily basis. I’d like to bulk up about 15-20 pounds of muscle.

I currently weigh 150lbs and 5’3”. Over the last 5 years my weight has fluctuated between 125lbs and 165lbs. Body fat % 12%-25%.

I believe I should be consuming at least 2700 calories and 150-200g of protein?

I workout 4-5x a week lifting and mix in some cardio. Should I give up cardio all together?

On a separate note, my testosterone is at about 400. If I did trt and get it to 1200 will that help?

Your vids and threads have been super helpful so far. I’m trying to get a good idea of what I need to be eating on a daily basis. I’d like to bulk up about 15-20 pounds of muscle.

I currently weigh 150lbs and 5’3”. Over the last 5 years my weight has fluctuated between 125lbs and 165lbs. Body fat % 12%-25%.

I workout 4-5x a week lifting and mix in some cardio. Should I give up cardio all together?

On a separate note, my testosterone is at about 400. If I did trt and get it to 1200 will that help?
Forgot to mention I’m turning 40 this summer

Whats your current bodyfat? It might make more sense to cut right now depending on where thats at. Definitely don't cut cardio. Your caloric targets are going to be different than someone else. Its all individual specific

A lot of people use my fitness pal or something similar as an app for tracking calories. Ive been doing it long enough snd know my body enough that I dont need to track anymore. However I recommend tracking for almost everyone.

At 20% I wouod suggest cutting. You are already higher than we recommend to be on bodyfat. Ideally you want to be under 15%

I thoroughly agree with Rick
At 20% I wouod suggest cutting. You are already higher than we recommend to be on bodyfat. Ideally you want to be under 15%
I thoroughly agree with Rick that you should be cutting... you certainly would not be attempting to bulk at your current body fat... you need to get that down a good amount, near the 12-13 range and then you would consider bulking while keeping the calories clean...

myfitnesspal is a great app that many use for food tracking

if you feel that you need trt, you need to go see an endocrinologist but at 400, they likely would not prescribe it but you need to go and see one, and not ask anyone that is not medically qualified...

I’ll shoot for 12-13% body fat. I feel so thin though. I’m surprised I’m at 20%. I used the calipers around my stomach. I carry most of the fat there.

Any advice for cutting while not losing muscle?

you are a little over 20 there bro.. you know with diets, its something you are going to need a nutritionist for.. you are asking questions about diets that are not some sort of quick analysis answer... thats not how it works.. someone has to break things down, monitor it for you etc.. you cant ask quick questions like "what should i eat" and expect any sort of accurate answer

I would download the myfitnesspal app for help monitoring your macronutrient intake. I have found that higher protein diets work for many when cutting down. I would dedicate at least 55% of your intake with protein, followed by moderate carbohydrates and keep it to simple carbs, like vegetables, fruits and whole grains and low fat intake. Maybe 25-30% carbs and 10-15% fats on your intake.

High protein diets are ideal especially for gaining lean muscle but burning fat which is what you would want to be doing

To add muscle gains, you need to consume more then 2700 calories,
Monitor your macros daily intake, the protein intake 1,5g per pound
You need to replenish your muscle after training with good source nutrients
Food is primary key and then Supplements,
TRT def would help by adding muscle gains

Top Bottom