napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

what shoes do you squat and deadlift in?

TheFish

My worn out running sneakers aren't doing me any favors when squatting and deadlifting. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of chuck taylors but am open to suggestions.

crappy $20 shoes from wal mart baby. honestly i never pay more then 20-30 dollars for shoes anymore. all my shoes are from either wal mart or target, im a cheap dude. but there are some nice training shoes out there if you want to spend the coin. i have an eye for Otomix, im too cheap though and when i buy a new pair of shoes i have a problem wearing them, because they are new. i know its an oxymoron type deal but what can i say, i have a new shoes tick. i want new shoes, so i buy new shoes, but since they are new, i dont want to get them dirty so i never wear them lol...the cycle of life and death

Powerlift 2.0 made me lean too far forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive heard about how it made some guys lean, but gave it a try and seemed to work good for me. How tall are you?

sent from a pineapple under the sea

Ive heard about how it made some guys lean, but gave it a try and seemed to work good for me. How tall are you?

6'2". About 203lbs right now. I lifted barefoot for a couple years and I just couldn't get the shoes to feel right.

Man shoes are shoes in y opinion lol. I just ware converse or some athletic shoe I guess.. I'm pretty picky but foamposites, under armor bb charge, Nike Free run, converse, nike ftbl's are all in my daily rotation.

6'2". About 203lbs right now. I lifted barefoot for a couple years and I just couldn't get the shoes to feel right.

Damn brother your tall! Lol im 5'9 205lb . I think because i got them short stocky asian legs it worked perfect for me

Damn brother your tall! Lol im 5'9 205lb . I think because i got them short stocky asian legs it worked perfect for me

Very well could be. My bro is about your height and flat footed as fuck. And they help him.

Im 6/5 and I wear chucks for the flat bottoms its like being barefoot sqaut mechanics is already fucked up for us tall guys anyhow having a heeled shoe doesnt help

I'm 6'6" 260 and I love my Nike Romaleo II's. They force me to lean back actually, and push through my heel. Before I bought these shoes I felt like I was always doing squats improperly because I'm so tall, it was difficult to get my form down. The Romaleos really helped me with my squat technique a lot and my gains began improving immediately! They're spendy as fuck, like $200-250, but it was worth it for me. I never even thought about Chucks before but you guys may be on to something there! Gonna grab a pair just out of curiosity. Man, haven't worn a pair of Chucks since junior high!

I just use whatever. I should use better shoes probqbly but I don't prioritize it. I squatted in these today...
6756dbafdc472fd163be19977a23ea4c.jpg

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

fuck some chucks there is no support whatsoever now ive never tried lifting in them but I cannot see myself doing cardio in chucks, nor can I see myself bringing two pairs of shoes to the gym. so I just use my nike crosstrainers, saucony, or asics whatever I have. but see I got dem short stumps and wide ass feet I just remember chucks in high school hurt my damn feet

Top Bottom