bannednutritionRegenRx

What is S4?

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator

S4 (Andarine)
THE ANABOLIC MACHINE

By: Dylan Gemelli

S4 is termed a research chemical. It belongs to a chemical class that is referred to in short as SARMS (SELECTIVE ANDROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORS). As an androgen, SARMS bind to the androgen receptor with a significant difference. SARMS possess the ability to create selective anabolic activity.

SARMS are often compared to testosterone and other steroids and pro hormones. SARMS possess an advantage by having androgenic activity in non-skeletal muscle tissues. S4 was originally designed as a treatment for conditions such as muscle wasting, osteoporosis and benign prostatic hypertrophy. The non-steroidal androgen antagonist bicalutamide is used as a lead compound.

S4 is an orally active partial agonist for androgen receptors which makes it effective in not only maintaining lean body mass but also increasing it.
How does S4 work?

Being a SARM, S4 binds to the androgen receptor while demonstrating bone and muscular anabolic activity. By binding to and activating the androgen receptor, S4 alters the expression of genes while increasing protein synthesis. This is how S4 is capable of building muscle.

S4 has the ability to provide muscle growth similar to steroids. The key difference is that unlike other steroids, SARMS are non-steroidal and do not produce the growth effect steroids cause on the prostate and other sexual organs.

SARMS represent several different qualities and options of use for a variety of goals and conditions. SARMS were designed and intended to treat muscle wasting conditions such as cancer, osteoperosis, AIDS and age-related problems. Another key use of SARMS is for muscle building. SARMS have become prevalently used throughout the bodybuilding world for performance enhancement and as a far safer alternative to steroid use.

S-4 has the special ability to bind to the androgen receptor in muscle and bone at the rate of 1/3 the affinity of testosterone.
Facts on S4 Abilities

S4 was shown to be able to restore skeletal muscle and strength in castrated rats, which is a key finding for treating muscle wasting as well as male HRT (hormonal replacement therapy).

A study conducted over a 120 day period compared S4 and DHT (dihydrotestosterone) treatment in ovariectomized rats concluded that S4 had the ability to maintain bone mass and bone strength to the levels of intact controls with greater efficacy than DHT. S4 also showed the ability to improve skeletal muscle strength, reduce body fat, prevenet bone loss and increase lean body mass.
Methods of S4 Use:

Dropping Bodyfat or “Cutting”

Cutting is the area where S-4 really shines. Steroids such as Winstrol and Anavar are the best known “cutting steroids.” These particular steroids do not present as drastic of a size gain but provide large increases in strength and lean muscle mass. S4 acts and works in a similar way.

S4 contains a binding affinty to the androgen receptor which allows it to demonstrate fat burning effects. S4 has shown to decrease LPL, (lipoprotein lipase) an enzyme that causes lipid accumulation. S4 works itself well into a cutting protocol with a concurrent reduction in body fat coupled with maintaining muscle mass in a caloric deficit enivironment.

A troubling outcome when cutting is the loss of hard earned muscle mass. This can weight heavily on the health and mind set of any athlete or body builder. A drop in metabolic rate and hormonal levels with a lack of calories is a perfect catabolic environment for loss of muscle tissue. S4 contains BOTH anabolic and andrgoenic effects in muscle tissue. This allows it to not only help with fat loss, but also maintain and in certain circumstances, increase muscle mass while eating in a caloric deficit or “cutting.”

Another strong attrtbute of S4 is that of an aesthetic, similar to the steroids Masteron and Proviron. S4 can increase vascularity and promote a dry, hard look without any water retention to be concerned with. S4 draws comparisons to DHT based steroids, without the worry of hair loss or the toxicity that is present that can wreak havoc to a user internally.

S4 also lacks the concern of drying out the joints such as other cutting steroids. This will allow for the athlete to lift heavier and perform at a much higher and consistent efficiency rate. Lastly, S4 does not give any painful pumps that are generally associated with oral steroids. Back and calf pumps are prevalent amongst oral steroid users and this can be extremely detrimental to sport specific training as well as cardio purposes, which is generally necessary when cutting. S4 presents none of these side effects.

S4 is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. While it shines when used in a cutting cycle, it also has the capabilites of use in a recomp or bulking cycle. It posseses a versatility that is very rare and extremely desirable. S4 possesses qualities that make it desirable for any type of goal.

When recomping, a user is attempting to lose fat while still maintaining or adding muscle mass. This is one of the most difficult areas of achievement in bodybuilding but S4 allows for it to be far more achievable. Recomping requires patience and time. S4 provides the ability to be ran at a much longer time period than an oral steroid without the worry of the methylated side effects. Although certain injectable steroids can be ran longer, the concern of side effects is present which makes them far less desirable for use.

While S4 is not considered a “bulking” compound, it is extremely beneficial for strength increases without bloat or unwanted fat gain. S4 possesses androgenicity in mucle tissue and has a high anabolic affinity. S4 gains are far more sustainable and clean, which is far more appealing to a user who is putting in hard work and effort to achieve substantial and keepable gains.

The half life of S4 is only 4 hours, so splitting the doses in half is often advised. Due to the short half life, many users prefer to take a dose 30-45 minutes prior to working out.
S-4 Does Not Convert to Estrogen

SARMS cannot be aromatized, conferring all their effects to AR binding and not to metabolic conversion to active androgens/estrogens. There is no concern of any type of water retention or estrogen conversion with S4.

Unlike MK-2866, where blood work from users has, in rare circumstances, shown a slight elevation in serum estradiol levels, S-4 does not show any type of elevation. S4 has slight androgenic activity, giving the opposite effect while reducing bloat and other estrogenic side effects. This is evident with the aforementioned hardening effects that S4 gives.

Advantages Of S4 when compared to Steroids/Prohormones

S4 is non methylated, as are all SARMS, ensuring that it is not toxic to the liver, blood pressure or other internal organs. Slight suppression can occur when S4 use exceeds 4 weeks. Suppression is minimal and can be mitigated with proper on cycle supports. A full PCT (post cycle therapy) protocol is not required with use. A SERM such as nolvadex or clomid CAN be used in a mini pct but is not necessary to ensure proper recovery.

S4 also provides a strong sense of overall well being while on, without the aggression often associated with steroid use. There is no need for a long period of time off in between cycles. When using steroids, a typical protocol is Time On (Including PCT) being equivalent to the necessary time off. With SARMS use, a rest period of 3-4 weeks is all that is necessary, simply to prevent one's body from desensitizing and then one can begin a new cycle.
Side effects of S4

Although S-4 negates the side effects listed above, there is one very unique side effect that comes with its use.

When run at the 50mg+ doses, many users experience slight vision disturbances. These problems are only present when using S-4 and quickly disappear when S-4 use is discontinued. NONE OF THESE POSSIBLE PROBLEMS ARE PERMANENT OR LONG TERM IN ANY WAY.

The side effects are caused by the M1 metabolite and include temporary night-time blindness and a slight yellowish tint to the vision for some users.Although these side effects are temporary, if they are still a concern, a suggested protocol of 5 days on and 2 days off is a suggested dosing method

I have formulated an extensive and precise dosing protocol for S4 that ensures that side effects are kept to a minimum. The key is to follow the protocol precisely as it is designed with precision and accuracy.

S-4 Summary

ONE-THIRD as androgenic as testosterone in muscle tissue.
Shown to be Anabolic at doses above 50mg
HUGE increases in STRENGTH
Aesthetically pleasing and excellent for muscle hardening
Enhanced vascularity present
Excellent for endurance (aerobic or anaerobic)
Accelerated fat loss above 50mg
Joint healing effects
Half life of 4 hours

DylanGemelli said:

S4 (Andarine)
THE ANABOLIC MACHINE

By: Dylan Gemelli

S4 is termed a research chemical. It belongs to a chemical class that is referred to in short as SARMS (SELECTIVE ANDROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORS). As an androgen, SARMS bind to the androgen receptor with a significant difference. SARMS possess the ability to create selective anabolic activity.

SARMS are often compared to testosterone and other steroids and pro hormones. SARMS possess an advantage by having androgenic activity in non-skeletal muscle tissues. S4 was originally designed as a treatment for conditions such as muscle wasting, osteoporosis and benign prostatic hypertrophy. The non-steroidal androgen antagonist bicalutamide is used as a lead compound.

S4 is an orally active partial agonist for androgen receptors which makes it effective in not only maintaining lean body mass but also increasing it.
How does S4 work?

Being a SARM, S4 binds to the androgen receptor while demonstrating bone and muscular anabolic activity. By binding to and activating the androgen receptor, S4 alters the expression of genes while increasing protein synthesis. This is how S4 is capable of building muscle.

S4 has the ability to provide muscle growth similar to steroids. The key difference is that unlike other steroids, SARMS are non-steroidal and do not produce the growth effect steroids cause on the prostate and other sexual organs.

SARMS represent several different qualities and options of use for a variety of goals and conditions. SARMS were designed and intended to treat muscle wasting conditions such as cancer, osteoperosis, AIDS and age-related problems. Another key use of SARMS is for muscle building. SARMS have become prevalently used throughout the bodybuilding world for performance enhancement and as a far safer alternative to steroid use.

S-4 has the special ability to bind to the androgen receptor in muscle and bone at the rate of 1/3 the affinity of testosterone.
Facts on S4 Abilities

S4 was shown to be able to restore skeletal muscle and strength in castrated rats, which is a key finding for treating muscle wasting as well as male HRT (hormonal replacement therapy).

A study conducted over a 120 day period compared S4 and DHT (dihydrotestosterone) treatment in ovariectomized rats concluded that S4 had the ability to maintain bone mass and bone strength to the levels of intact controls with greater efficacy than DHT. S4 also showed the ability to improve skeletal muscle strength, reduce body fat, prevenet bone loss and increase lean body mass.
Methods of S4 Use:

Dropping Bodyfat or “Cutting”

Cutting is the area where S-4 really shines. Steroids such as Winstrol and Anavar are the best known “cutting steroids.” These particular steroids do not present as drastic of a size gain but provide large increases in strength and lean muscle mass. S4 acts and works in a similar way.

S4 contains a binding affinty to the androgen receptor which allows it to demonstrate fat burning effects. S4 has shown to decrease LPL, (lipoprotein lipase) an enzyme that causes lipid accumulation. S4 works itself well into a cutting protocol with a concurrent reduction in body fat coupled with maintaining muscle mass in a caloric deficit enivironment.

A troubling outcome when cutting is the loss of hard earned muscle mass. This can weight heavily on the health and mind set of any athlete or body builder. A drop in metabolic rate and hormonal levels with a lack of calories is a perfect catabolic environment for loss of muscle tissue. S4 contains BOTH anabolic and andrgoenic effects in muscle tissue. This allows it to not only help with fat loss, but also maintain and in certain circumstances, increase muscle mass while eating in a caloric deficit or “cutting.”

Another strong attrtbute of S4 is that of an aesthetic, similar to the steroids Masteron and Proviron. S4 can increase vascularity and promote a dry, hard look without any water retention to be concerned with. S4 draws comparisons to DHT based steroids, without the worry of hair loss or the toxicity that is present that can wreak havoc to a user internally.

S4 also lacks the concern of drying out the joints such as other cutting steroids. This will allow for the athlete to lift heavier and perform at a much higher and consistent efficiency rate. Lastly, S4 does not give any painful pumps that are generally associated with oral steroids. Back and calf pumps are prevalent amongst oral steroid users and this can be extremely detrimental to sport specific training as well as cardio purposes, which is generally necessary when cutting. S4 presents none of these side effects.

S4 is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. While it shines when used in a cutting cycle, it also has the capabilites of use in a recomp or bulking cycle. It posseses a versatility that is very rare and extremely desirable. S4 possesses qualities that make it desirable for any type of goal.

When recomping, a user is attempting to lose fat while still maintaining or adding muscle mass. This is one of the most difficult areas of achievement in bodybuilding but S4 allows for it to be far more achievable. Recomping requires patience and time. S4 provides the ability to be ran at a much longer time period than an oral steroid without the worry of the methylated side effects. Although certain injectable steroids can be ran longer, the concern of side effects is present which makes them far less desirable for use.

While S4 is not considered a “bulking” compound, it is extremely beneficial for strength increases without bloat or unwanted fat gain. S4 possesses androgenicity in mucle tissue and has a high anabolic affinity. S4 gains are far more sustainable and clean, which is far more appealing to a user who is putting in hard work and effort to achieve substantial and keepable gains.

The half life of S4 is only 4 hours, so splitting the doses in half is often advised. Due to the short half life, many users prefer to take a dose 30-45 minutes prior to working out.
S-4 Does Not Convert to Estrogen

SARMS cannot be aromatized, conferring all their effects to AR binding and not to metabolic conversion to active androgens/estrogens. There is no concern of any type of water retention or estrogen conversion with S4.

Unlike MK-2866, where blood work from users has, in rare circumstances, shown a slight elevation in serum estradiol levels, S-4 does not show any type of elevation. S4 has slight androgenic activity, giving the opposite effect while reducing bloat and other estrogenic side effects. This is evident with the aforementioned hardening effects that S4 gives.

Advantages Of S4 when compared to Steroids/Prohormones

S4 is non methylated, as are all SARMS, ensuring that it is not toxic to the liver, blood pressure or other internal organs. Slight suppression can occur when S4 use exceeds 4 weeks. Suppression is minimal and can be mitigated with proper on cycle supports. A full PCT (post cycle therapy) protocol is not required with use. A SERM such as nolvadex or clomid CAN be used in a mini pct but is not necessary to ensure proper recovery.

S4 also provides a strong sense of overall well being while on, without the aggression often associated with steroid use. There is no need for a long period of time off in between cycles. When using steroids, a typical protocol is Time On (Including PCT) being equivalent to the necessary time off. With SARMS use, a rest period of 3-4 weeks is all that is necessary, simply to prevent one's body from desensitizing and then one can begin a new cycle.
Side effects of S4

Although S-4 negates the side effects listed above, there is one very unique side effect that comes with its use.

When run at the 50mg+ doses, many users experience slight vision disturbances. These problems are only present when using S-4 and quickly disappear when S-4 use is discontinued. NONE OF THESE POSSIBLE PROBLEMS ARE PERMANENT OR LONG TERM IN ANY WAY.

The side effects are caused by the M1 metabolite and include temporary night-time blindness and a slight yellowish tint to the vision for some users.Although these side effects are temporary, if they are still a concern, a suggested protocol of 5 days on and 2 days off is a suggested dosing method

I have formulated an extensive and precise dosing protocol for S4 that ensures that side effects are kept to a minimum. The key is to follow the protocol precisely as it is designed with precision and accuracy.

S-4 Summary

ONE-THIRD as androgenic as testosterone in muscle tissue.
Shown to be Anabolic at doses above 50mg
HUGE increases in STRENGTH
Aesthetically pleasing and excellent for muscle hardening
Enhanced vascularity present
Excellent for endurance (aerobic or anaerobic)
Accelerated fat loss above 50mg
Joint healing effects
Half life of 4 hours

Perfect writeup on S4 Dylan. For those that wonder about S4 this will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about it. Excellent resource and extremely informative

Wow! Awesome write-up, Dylan! This is one that Rick is putting me on in a few weeks. He's done great at answering any questions I had. This read was VERY helpful though, as you know I'm still knew to the dark side lol great write up! I'll keep you updated on my thoughts from a female perspective.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

chickrock15 said:
Wow! Awesome write-up, Dylan! This is one that Rick is putting me on in a few weeks. He's done great at answering any questions I had. This read was VERY helpful though, as you know I'm still knew to the dark side lol great write up! I'll keep you updated on my thoughts from a female perspective.

I'm sure you are going to love S4. I can't wait to get you started on it!

Re: RE: Re: What is S4?

RickRock said:
chickrock15 said:

I'm getting extremely anxious too!

gymrat827 said:
I didnt know S4 was so close to mast & winny.

I knew it was similar, but not like mast + winny + provion = S4.

when you add it to something like winstrol or masteron, oh shit brother... its unreal... its not stronger than something like winstrol but i guarantee it adds more strength than masteron or proviron will... it won't harden like masteron, nothing does but when you take all it's benefits together, its a fucking animal...

Re: RE: Re: What is S4?

chickrock15 said:
RickRock said:
chickrock15 said:

you are in for a serious treat with s4!

gymrat827 said:
I didnt know S4 was so close to mast & winny.

I knew it was similar, but not like mast + winny + provion = S4.

It is definitely si liar as far as hardness and vascularity. Obviously the AAS is going to be stronger, but S4 is very underrated for its capabilities in these areas

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What is S4?

DylanGemelli said:
chickrock15 said:
RickRock said:
"chickrock15" said:

Y'all ALMOST make me wish I wasn't going to the beach for a week lol wish we could have timed it better though, Rick...so I'd look decent at the beach.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What is S4?

chickrock15 said:
DylanGemelli said:
chickrock15 said:
RickRock said:
"chickrock15" said:

Y'all ALMOST make me wish I wasn't going to the beach for a week lol wish we could have timed it better though, Rick...so I'd look decent at the beach.

You are being too hard on yourself. I guarantee you that you will already be the envy of the other women on the beach. You look much more than "decent"

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What is S4?

RickRock said:
chickrock15 said:
DylanGemelli said:
"chickrock15" said:
"RickRock" said:
"chickrock15" said:

You are being too hard on yourself. I guarantee you that you will already be the envy of the other women on the beach. You look much more than "decent"
It's the tummy and love handles that drive be crazy. U know that. Glutes and thighs still need work too.

im on some meds from the doc right now so the anabolics have to stay light, but once these are gone its back to the good ole days.

How long does it take for the nighttime blindness to ware off? I work as an underground miner. I've been taking it for about two weeks. Today was my first day back after having a week off. When we got underground I could barely see in the dim light. When I had my light on & in lighted areas everything was a blue/yellow haze. Don't get me wrong, I could still see. But, it was definitely difficult. It was kind of eerie actually. II run a big machine that digs out the bottom of the mine shaft. It's a really powerful monster. I wouldn't be so concerned. But, I have three men running around down there unhooking the buckets that I put the rock into. it's a really powerful monster. I wouldn't be so concerned. But, I have three men running around down there unhooking the buckets that I put the rock into. It is extremely vital that I get a smooth pad to land the 8' buckets on so they don't tip over on the men. It's rather hard to do being 36' up above and not being able to see shadows properly. I don't know if I just got used to it or what. But, towards the end of the shift I didn't notice the blindness so much. Anyway, I discontinued use until I find out how long thi I don't know if I just got used to it or what. But, towards the end of the shift I didn't notice the blindness so much. Anyway, I discontinued use until I can find out how long it lasts/ if it wares out/etc... Thanks for any info in advance!

sjemmings said:
How long does it take for the nighttime blindness to ware off? I work as an underground miner. I've been taking it for about two weeks. Today was my first day back after having a week off. When we got underground I could barely see in the dim light. When I had my light on & in lighted areas everything was a blue/yellow haze. Don't get me wrong, I could still see. But, it was definitely difficult. It was kind of eerie actually. II run a big machine that digs out the bottom of the mine shaft. It's a really powerful monster. I wouldn't be so concerned. But, I have three men running around down there unhooking the buckets that I put the rock into. it's a really powerful monster. I wouldn't be so concerned. But, I have three men running around down there unhooking the buckets that I put the rock into. It is extremely vital that I get a smooth pad to land the 8' buckets on so they don't tip over on the men. It's rather hard to do being 36' up above and not being able to see shadows properly. I don't know if I just got used to it or what. But, towards the end of the shift I didn't notice the blindness so much. Anyway, I discontinued use until I find out how long thi I don't know if I just got used to it or what. But, towards the end of the shift I didn't notice the blindness so much. Anyway, I discontinued use until I can find out how long it lasts/ if it wares out/etc... Thanks for any info in advance!

it is difficult when you are in dark areas for extended periods of time... many do a 5 on and 2 off protocol to accommodate this... the half life is very short and the 2 days off get it right out and allow for unbinding to the eye receptor... you may want to go with that protocol bro

sjemmings said:

What dose were you running buddy? Just reducing the dose a little bit can make a huge difference, or doing a 5 on, 2 off protocol as Dylan stated. Also the reason you didn't notice it as much after a while is your eyes eventually adapt and everything is normal. s4 just makes transitions from light to dark take longer for the eyes to adjust

I was running 50 mg daily split am/pm. I think I'll try the two days off and go 5 on. I started and had about a week of it while underground and had no reactions. I just wanted to make sure that this was a good route to go. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom