napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Trouble meeting macros while intermittent fasting

perkins0016

Hey guys so ive been trying to follow the 8/16 intermittent fasting program 8 p.m. to 12 noon the next day...drive at 5am 30 min hard treadmill 30 min hard iron...then off to work concrete finisher.im having a hell of a time getting my protein in... my maintenance is 3900 so 3400 for cut....i need aprox 500g pd protein..... I've been good with everything else fat and carbs just can't seem to fit that much protein in from noon till 8 been eating nothing but salmon chicken protein shakes... wondering if I should cut out the intermittent fasting or what.....its killing me just to get in 250g..in this window..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hey guys so ive been trying to follow the 8/16 intermittent fasting program 8 p.m. to 12 noon the next day...drive at 5am 30 min hard treadmill 30 min hard iron...then off to work concrete finisher.im having a hell of a time getting my protein in... my maintenance is 3900 so 3400 for cut....i need aprox 500g pd protein..... I've been good with everything else fat and carbs just can't seem to fit that much protein in from noon till 8 been eating nothing but salmon chicken protein shakes... wondering if I should cut out the intermittent fasting or what.....its killing me just to get in 250g..in this window..

Intermittent Fasting is a only a tool. I use it always when I cut but if you can’t handle it no need to do it. As long as you are in a caloric deficit that alm that matters. I use IF because I don’t eat breakfast also I like big meals in one sitting. My advice is always stick to something that you will be consistent and persistent with it. Do over stress if you are not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intermittent Fasting is a only a tool. I use it always when I cut but if you can’t handle it no need to do it. As long as you are in a caloric deficit that alm that matters. I use IF because I don’t eat breakfast also I like big meals in one sitting. My advice is always stick to something that you will be consistent and persistent with it. Do over stress if you are not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed i love the emptiness feeling til noon...but trying to cram all that protein in in 8 hours is tough.....im def in deficit..even lower than the 500....i love breakfast though especially after training so early in morn... I think I'm going to cut out the fasting for now... maybe just trying to throw too much at it at once#cut.... thanks bro...

You might already use these but I'll throw it out there, these liquid egg whites work bitchin for me. I just mix 1cup egg whites with some whey in a Shaker. Something you could take to work in your cooler for quick protein, no fat either.
8f9c75067461d89f4e21120823dda78b.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You might already use these but I'll throw it out there, these liquid egg whites work bitchin for me. I just mix 1cup egg whites with some whey in a Shaker. Something you could take to work in your cooler for quick protein, no fat either.
8f9c75067461d89f4e21120823dda78b.jpg

I use them sometimes ...comes in small carton grocery store around here I never seen that particular one in a jug like that

I use them sometimes ...comes in small carton grocery store around here I never seen that particular one in a jug like that

Small carton at the store is for cooking, correct? These shown above are for drinking (like a protein shake, I believe). I've used them as well-- the chocolate was really good. The ones I bought come frozen and you have to thaw overnight or for a period of time. That probably helps w the shipping thoughts as well.

Small carton at the store is for cooking, correct? These shown above are for drinking (like a protein shake, I believe). I've used them as well-- the chocolate was really good. The ones I bought come frozen and you have to thaw overnight or for a period of time. That probably helps w the shipping thoughts as well.
Yeah that's what I figured come Frozen or something yeah they have two different kinds of the grocery store one for cooking the other one is pasteurized though and you can drink the way it is but it's just a small little carton like five bucks I'm going to have to price compare see if it's cost-effective those ones online look great but it's 70 bucks and probably more for shipping for 2 gal...

Full IF doesnt seem too practical for you so mix it up. Keep the 8-12 window for fats and carbs and dont limit when you can eat protein. I feel like that gives you more freedom and will work better overall, but just my opinion.

Full IF doesnt seem too practical for you so mix it up. Keep the 8-12 window for fats and carbs and dont limit when you can eat protein. I feel like that gives you more freedom and will work better overall, but just my opinion.
Great idea bro thx

Yep they come Frozen solid in an insulated box, just have to defrost them. It's a little pricey, but remember quality in - is quality out. The convenience of being able to drink my egg protein for the day and not eat eggs every day is priceless for me! I get burned out on the same foods daily pretty fast and this allows me to take a break from eggs but not really

Oh yeah, you can order them through bodybuilding.com too.

Just curious....why the hell are you trying to get 500g protein? That seems way too high to me

Protein should be based closer to lean body weight. If you are carrying 50+ pounds of fat, that adipose tissue doesmt get counted as lean mass requiring higher protein intake. Obviously an obese guy that's 300 lbs doesmt need 450g protein to meet 1.5g per pound. That would be absurd

Last edited:
Just curious....why the hell are you trying to get 500g protein? That seems way too high to me

Protein should be based closer to lean body weight. If you are carrying 50+ pounds of fat, that adipose tissue doesmt get counted as lean mass requiring higher protein intake. Obviously an obese guy that's 300 lbs doesmt need 450g protein to meet 1.5g per pound. That would be absurd
Hey rick....maybe i calculated something wrong...ive been trying to follow your protocol from diet basic pin.....im 260 x15 = 3900 maint...so drop to 3400 for cut....at the 60..30..20% came up with 510,g protein...355 carbs...76 fat...? 2040 protein cal....1200 carb cal.....680 fat cal... ? Did i do it wrong sorry bro first time ever figuring macros.....i was hoping you would come in and check it out...

Hey rick....maybe i calculated something wrong...ive been trying to follow your protocol from diet basic pin.....im 260 x15 = 3900 maint...so drop to 3400 for cut....at the 60..30..20% came up with 510,g protein...355 carbs...76 fat...? 2040 protein cal....1200 carb cal.....680 fat cal... ? Did i do it wrong sorry bro first time ever figuring macros.....i was hoping you would come in and check it out...

Also 60.30.20= 110 ? But i wasnt going ask i figured there a reason it like that not typo right....idk but ya it seem tough lol i must have done some miscalculation

Top Bottom