napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

The sister in law

44YOGearHead

So my wife and I talked about her sister and how her cancer is supposedly back. She (Her sister) ignored the doctors recommended treatment of tamoxifen and I had to explain to my wife exactly what it does. My sister in law opted to take herbs and some other shit she had been told about on the internet. I hope her cancer isn't back because I imagine that would definitely suck if it was. Earlier this year my friend lost his wife at the age of 48 and it wasn't a good experience, but she handled it like a boss right down to her final moments. I commend her bravery.
This is about to sound selfish as hell. We live in a big ass house with plenty of bedrooms and in all honesty if her sister is in fact fallen ill I can see this headed down a road where my wife wants her sister to move in if she can't manage herself and that brings in a host of other variables like her incapable grown adult children, two grand babies as well as her need for care. I'm no care taker, I wouldn't agree to be waiting on her sister and all that. That might sound fucked up, but I have an obligation to my wife only, not her family members. I already do more than most husbands would IMO and for me this is a lose/lose. Trust me, many of you know my misery in dealing with my in-laws. I almost hate that her family is as fucked up as they are, add their financial issues and that leaves an assumption that we're obligated to assume responsibility for their woes. I've been poor and although it's a hard obstacle to overcome it can be done and has been done, but for many poverty is a state of mind that snares the ignorant into a mentality of fuck it, help me despite myself and lack of effort.
So my dilemma is this, if the wife were to ever ask if her sister could move in with us, how can I politely say "fuck no, you're asking a helluva lot of me mentally, fiscally and in time"? My wife is very family oriented, I am not with exception to my mother, wife and kids. Anyone else can catch a bus to Gofuckoff, USA. Am I being insensitive? How can I go about avoiding this ever coming up? I don't like my in-laws, I may not want them to keel over and die immediately (especially in my house), but I sure as hell don't wanna be living with any of them for any period of time especially in my house. Especially if they don't pay me the money they owe me and are supposed to pay me tomorrow... to not pay me and then end up in my house sick, or not would be an insult and yes I know it's trivial, but my mind has always been revenge and retaliation oriented.

If it was me I would probably pony up and bite the bullet but then again I have a tender heart. Once I'm pushed over the edge then I become a raging prick.

Well 44 you can't be mad about lending money. Always know that when you lend someone money, you're giving them money and you shouldn't expect it back. Don't lend money to family... Give it to them and if they pay you back great. You should know better.

As far letting them stay with you.. I'm with you and wouldn't want them staying with me either.

God
Wife
Kids
And everything else.

So if you're marriage would be compromised by this decision in anyway, then I would refrain from having them stay with you but you definitely should be in communication with your wife.

IF it comes to this it's gonna be a showdown where I'll win, but sad thing is it shouldn't even be an issue. It's all speculation on my part, so I'm a hope that my wife knows me as well as I think she does. She already said she knew nobody would want to put up with her adult children and those grandkids of hers.

Well 44 you can't be mad about lending money. Always know that when you lend someone money, you're giving them money and you shouldn't expect it back. Don't lend money to family... Give it to them and if they pay you back great. You should know better.

As far letting them stay with you.. I'm with you and wouldn't want them staying with me either.

God
Wife
Kids
And everything else.

So if you're marriage would be compromised by this decision in anyway, then I would refrain from having them stay with you but you definitely should be in communication with your wife.

Agreed. Trust that before anyone suggests anything along those lines her and I will be on the same sheet of music and if she bamboozles me I'll stick it to her ass so hard she feels it for weeks and her sister knows she isn't welcomed.

Ya im gonna say this will be the downfall for your marriage. As you will not put up w them living there. So this is a tough issue as you know your wife will guilt trip you. And it works whether you want to admit it or not. Tread lightly here and win the battles worth winning.

PHURIOUS

You're the man of the house and its your rules. Simple and plain man. And sick or not, friends or family have to abide by them.
Maybe being in the ARMY for a while has detached me from true emotions, but then again I was raised in a strict household and my pops didn't put up with stuff like this.

Don't risk your marriage or happiness for those who are a pain in the ass.

Sneak up behind her (your wife), give her a big 44 hug, and tell her you love her and will always be there for her. Then tell her it will hurt you, but you understand if she needs to leave and go spent time with her sister, cuz no one is coming over to the 44's crib.

Sneak up behind her (your wife), give her a big 44 hug, and tell her you love her and will always be there for her. Then tell her it will hurt you, but you understand if she needs to leave and go spent time with her sister, cuz no one is coming over to the 44's crib.

Fucking awesome lol... We actually talked and set all the boundaries and rules a lil while ago. It's all good for now.

Just found out from the other sister in law that the devastated sister who borrowed the money is taking a trip home to the rest of the village. So I asked my wife "She planning on paying me before she takes this little road trip?"... wife said 'that's what she said' 90's rap song suddenly in the background "Bitch betta have my Money". N word half formed, I can taste the syllables.

Bro look. Float me an undisclosed amount of cash and this problem will magically disappear.

THESE GAINZ SPONSORED BY ROBOLICS

Bro, I think my resume is tailored for such things as that. Wife is on the phone with her now, I'm waiting for the 'let me know when you send the money so I can tell my husband to go pick it up'. Fucking idiots, glad I rescued my wife from their insanity. Fucking blillbillies (black hillbillies ).

Top Bottom