napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Steroids that Cause Hair Loss

imported_admin

dylan.png

By: Dylan Gemelli

Many hair loss physicians and experts believe that androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) is generally caused by DHT (dihydrotestosterone) as well as other hormonal factors. DHT is considered the PRIMARY cause. This occurs when DHT attaches to the hair follicles that are not genetically programmed to withstand certain levels of the hormone. This causes the inflammatory process to shed hair and eventually begin shedding is the process continues. In short, DHT can cause hair loss. This generally only occurs is one is actually prone to hair loss.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Introduction
How do steroids cause hair loss
Which steroids can induce hair issues
How to prevent or control steroid related hair loss
Conclusion

Introduction:

As many of you know, one of the possible side effects with many types of steroids is that of hair loss. Not all steroids carry this as a possible side effect but many do. If hair loss is something that you are concerned about then it is a big decision that one is faced with. Having a full and accurate understanding of possible side effects is important in anything that you do. Understanding what and how this is caused is extremely important and will be explained in detail below.

How do steroids cause hair loss?

When a person is genetically prone to male pattern baldness, steroid use will likely accelerate probable hair loss due to higher levels of DHT being present in the body. There is a prevalent misconception that steroids actually cause hair loss themselves. The fact is that steroids will actually only cause potential hair loss to follicles that are prone to male pattern baldness.

Which steroids cause hair loss?

There are certain steroids that are notorious for causing hair loss while others do not carry these properties. Androgenic compounds cause DHT side effects such as accelerated genetic pattern hair loss. They are the ones that would need to be avoided if you are concerned about your hair. Unfortunately, many of the cutting steroids are DHT based, thus one of the possible main side effects associated with use is the possibility of hair loss. There are several charts that will show an androgenic rating rating for each steroid available. The higher the rating, the more probable the possibility of hair loss occurring. The following is a list of the more prevalently used steroids that have the highest probability of causing hair loss:

• WINSTROL
    MASTERON
    ANAVAR
    PRIMBOLAN
    ANADROL
    TRENBOLONE
    DIANABOL
    PROVIRON

Less likely but still possible hair loss steroids:

• TESTOSTERONE
    TURINABOL
    DECA DUABOLIN
    NPP
    BOLDENONE (EQUIPOISE)

As you can see from the list, the highest probability of hair loss occurs with DHT based steroids. The only non DHT steroids on the higher probability list are trenbolone and dianabol and although they have a less probability than other steroids, they still belong on the higher probability list as they have still shown to cause or induce hair loss amongst several users. This is not a guarantee that this will occur. These are the steroids that will possibly speed up or enhance the process, especially in individuals with pre existing conditions. It is always good to be aware and prepared for all possibilities of side effect occurrence.

How to prevent or control steroid related hair loss:

To prevent or lower the probability of steroid related hair loss, one must lower existing DHT levels that are circulating through the body. It is important to block the DHT from attaching to hair follicles that are prone to male pattern baldness. This can be a problem for steroid users because there can be excessive amounts of DHT moving throughout the body. There are several options for treatment and control of possible hair loss. The main concern is the possible and/or probable side effect. I am simply going to provide a list of treatment methods:

• Finasteride
    Minoxidil
    Dutasteride
    Proscar
    Regenpure Shampoo
    Azelax (anti DHT cream)

These are not the only treatment methods but are the most commonly used for treatment. Choose wisely and research thoroughly for side effects before use of any of these products.

Conclusion:

Knowing possible and/or probably side effects with anything you are putting into your body is of the utmost importance. It is vital to understand problems that could arise as well as possible treatment methods. If you are prone to or concerned about hair loss, then extra care should be taken when opting to use any steroid, especially any that are contained in the above list. Proceed with caution and always be prepared before making a decision.

dylan.png

By: Dylan Gemelli

Just remember that if you are taking Finasteride, you cannot donate blood for at least one month after you discontinue use.

It should also be noted that even those with MPB will have their hair return to pre-cycle condition after discontinuing use for a short time.

Your genetics are your genetics.

TheSVPdeal said:
It should also be noted that even those with MPB will have their hair return to pre-cycle condition after discontinuing use for a short time.

Your genetics are your genetics.

Very good point brother and definitely should be noted because that is an important fact to many users... Thanks for the input!

cybrsage said:
Just remember that if you are taking Finasteride, you cannot donate blood for at least one month after you discontinue use.

Absolutely right... I really hope that people avoid finasteride... There is a known problem that causes PFS (post finasteride syndrome) with use and it is severe... What I have witnessed others endure with use is staggering... To see something have such a severe effect on others lives is horrible... I will be doing a write up on this syndrome to help educate the dangers involved...

What is being shared n this thread is dead-on.

I would like to bring attention to the fact that hair lost will come back after the cycle and some time. You can't beat your genes.

Bio-Tech said:
I would like to bring attention to the fact that hair lost will come back after the cycle and some time.

Please elaborate...I've always bee under the impression that once it's gone it's never coming back?

Im very thankful that im not prone to hair loss issues, because i sure do love my DHTs! All of my favorite compounds are the hardest on the hairline. The thing is that it is 90% genetics, just like gyno. You are either prone to it, or you arent, and theres nothing you can do to change that

Bobber said:
Bio-Tech said:
I would like to bring attention to the fact that hair lost will come back after the cycle and some time.

Please elaborate...I've always bee under the impression that once it's gone it's never coming back?
Your genetics dictate male pattern baldness. If you shed a little while on cycle, it will grow back after to cycle to the same degree as you were genetically predetermined.

Bobber said:
Bio-Tech said:

Are you a believer now? LOL
4ee432d13cf104b751b3113d9d4493cc.jpg

"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."

Re: RE: Re: Steroids that Cause Hair Loss

Olympus said:
Bobber said:
"Bio-Tech" said:

4ee432d13cf104b751b3113d9d4493cc.jpg

"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."
b08cfb71442d726900691a3e483efbc5.jpg

ibleedoranbla said:
Olympus said:
"Bobber" said:
"Bio-Tech" said:

LOLOLOL!!!!

ibleedoranbla said:
Olympus said:
"Bobber" said:
"Bio-Tech" said:

LOLOLOL!!!

Top Bottom