napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

steroids and diets in the 60's

drb_iac

So 4 of us clean out mom's basement and fill it with weights and benches. The room is 30x30 with one 100watt bulb hanging in the middle of the room.We all call each other "Bonehead". We gathered weights and benches from our older brothers and built some benches with 2x4's. The incline sit up was a 2x12 x10. It inclined based upon how many bricks you put under it. A piece of chain was nailed to it for the feet. I loved doing alternate dumbell curls on the inclined bench. I was up to 35lb dumbs. One guy has an older brother who is trying out for the USA oylmpic team in powerlifting. Well, he sends us this clear wrap with a rubber band on it that was full of blue pills. His brother said for us to take 5 per day but not all at once. On day 21 my curls on the incline are now 50lbs and all of us are freaking. I said.."hey Bone..find out what these pills are." He comes back next wokout day and says.."my brother said that these are Test Pills." Oh shit...and he is testing them on us? Find out what the drug is, or the chemical in them. He comes back next workout and says.."the drug is test" So let me see...these are test pills and they contain test. I called him an idiot and said we will all die. There is no drug called test. Well he said days latter, my brother told me that they are made from monkey vomit and parrot piss...so are you going to stop taking them? All 4 of us said Noooo!
Latter some more news from his brother. He said eat only beef, eggs, cheese, and some bacon. Oh cool we all exclaimed! Until day 4. All we could talk about was bread, pie, cake etc. On the 4th night I was dreaming that I was eating thousands of pancakes...I woke up and my mouth was actually chewing. Next morning on day 5 I called them and said screw this ..lets go to the Pancake joint. We all pigged and consumed the whole gurnney of syrups. The next day we were all visibly bigger and visibly ripped. One bonehead say..s hey you wanna go to Woodstock? I said hell no...I am taking 8 test pills instead of 5 today and lifting as heavy and hard as possible.
And that was my summer of the 60's. Discovered D-Bol and a cyclical ketogenic diet all in three months. I went from 6'2 and 180 to 192lbs in three months!

Attachments

• 2x4.jpg
    2x4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 38
Re: RE: steroids and diets in the 60's

drb_iac said:
So 4 of us clean out mom's basement and fill it with weights and benches. The room is 30x30 with one 100watt bulb hanging in the middle of the room.We all call each other "Bonehead". We gathered weights and benches from our older brothers and built some benches with 2x4's. The incline sit up was a 2x12 x10. It inclined based upon how many bricks you put under it. A piece of chain was nailed to it for the feet. I loved doing alternate dumbell curls on the inclined bench. I was up to 35lb dumbs. One guy has an older brother who is trying out for the USA oylmpic team in powerlifting. Well, he sends us this clear wrap with a rubber band on it that was full of blue pills. His brother said for us to take 5 per day but not all at once. On day 21 my curls on the incline are now 50lbs and all of us are freaking. I said.."hey Bone..find out what these pills are." He comes back next wokout day and says.."my brother said that these are Test Pills." Oh shit...and he is testing them on us? Find out what the drug is, or the chemical in them. He comes back next workout and says.."the drug is test" So let me see...these are test pills and they contain test. I called him an idiot and said we will all die. There is no drug called test. Well he said days latter, my brother told me that they are made from monkey vomit and parrot piss...so are you going to stop taking them? All 4 of us said Noooo!
Latter some more news from his brother. He said eat only beef, eggs, cheese, and some bacon. Oh cool we all exclaimed! Until day 4. All we could talk about was bread, pie, cake etc. On the 4th night I was dreaming that I was eating thousands of pancakes...I woke up and my mouth was actually chewing. Next morning on day 5 I called them and said screw this ..lets go to the Pancake joint. We all pigged and consumed the whole gurnney of syrups. The next day we were all visibly bigger and visibly ripped. One bonehead say..s hey you wanna go to Woodstock? I said hell no...I am taking 8 test pills instead of 5 today and lifting as heavy and hard as possible.
And that was my summer of the 60's. Discovered D-Bol and a cyclical ketogenic diet all in three months. I went from 6'2 and 180 to 192lbs in three months!
Haha, this story was awesome!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that man! It's so nice hearing about these things from back in the day from someone that knows and has been there. It gives you a great feel of just how different things were back then. Im not as old as you, but I'm 40 and grew up idolizing the golden age of bodybuilding from the guidance of my father. I absolutely love that era

Top Bottom