napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Sodium

there are quite a few salt less spices and flavors you can use... i put parsley on a lot of things... basil, black pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, all are things i use daily... i have some salt less garlic and herb spices as well...

Re: RE: Re: Sodium

DylanGemelli said:
there are quite a few salt less spices and flavors you can use... i put parsley on a lot of things... basil, black pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, all are things i use daily... i have some salt less garlic and herb spices as well...
I still use a little bit of salt but I totally quit buying processed and can foods.

drb_iac said:
You can get sodium free salt,it is called "no salt". Table salt is sodium chloride..NaCl. The no salt is Potassium chloride, KCl. mix the 2 and then add some spices. I like cayenne pepper, but you can use what ever you like. Just be carefull that you are not adding another sodium salt, such as garlic salt. Cumin, corriander,fennel garlic or onion powder etc. You want to eat no more than about 5 grams total. That is pretty low..like about 1 teaspoon. Obviously amaerica uses 6-10 times more than that. The good thing is that as you become accustomed to lower salt, your body will not tolerate high salt anymore.If you are a real salt head them mix 3 parts salt with 1 part no salt and as you get used to it you can keep re-blending to lower NaCl levels. I really don't like the way I feel when I hold too much water.

That's very good information. Thanks for sharing these alternatives with us

Top Bottom