napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Question about weight while cutting and running sarms cycle

soundscapes000

I'm about 4-5 days in on a 12-week cycle with Testalone, Osta, Sten, GW, and S4. I usually take a drink of something and hold it in the back of my throat before dropping, virtually tasteless now. I feel pretty good after the morning dose of Testalone, Osta, S4, and Sten. I'll figure out what I need for a log soon.

Here is my question and the reality of my situation. About 3 weeks ago I actually changed up my diet completely. I was about 153 lbs. Since then, I'm going for a calorie deficit diet high in protein and low in carbs. I'm drinking about 46g of whey protein in the morning, afternoon, and evening with a scoop of Casein at night. My meals are pretty low in calories and I'd be surprised if i'm getting far past 1,400 calories or so a day.

I'm running hydroxycut extreme, the gummies, CLA, BCAA supplement, D3, B12, Vit C, Multi-vitamin, 5g of Creatine, Pre-workout Arginine/Cellucore Nitro, and a Flax seed supplement with melatonin to get to sleep at night. I've been doing between 30 minutes - 2 hours of cardio a day via Elliptical burning between 600-2,000 calories including my 60-90 minute workout every day/other day depending on how sore I am (just getting back in the groove).

My weight is up to like 156lbs now but I feel like Im losing fat and getting bigger. My stomach feels flatter too, its not just subjective either, my wife thought so also. Some of it may be water weight. Would I expect to lose weight while cutting fat and building muscle?

I'll keep pushing the cardio to the next level until I get where I want to be. I don't have much fat on my stomach, my Withings scale keeps going back and forth between 19% and 22%, but I'm determined to get rid of it.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I'm about 4-5 days in on a 12-week cycle with Testalone, Osta, Sten, GW, and S4. I usually take a drink of something and hold it in the back of my throat before dropping, virtually tasteless now. I feel pretty good after the morning dose of Testalone, Osta, S4, and Sten. I'll figure out what I need for a log soon.

Here is my question and the reality of my situation. About 3 weeks ago I actually changed up my diet completely. I was about 153 lbs. Since then, I'm going for a calorie deficit diet high in protein and low in carbs. I'm drinking about 46g of whey protein in the morning, afternoon, and evening with a scoop of Casein at night. My meals are pretty low in calories and I'd be surprised if i'm getting far past 1,400 calories or so a day.

I'm running hydroxycut extreme, the gummies, CLA, BCAA supplement, D3, B12, Vit C, Multi-vitamin, 5g of Creatine, Pre-workout Arginine/Cellucore Nitro, and a Flax seed supplement with melatonin to get to sleep at night. I've been doing between 30 minutes - 2 hours of cardio a day via Elliptical burning between 600-2,000 calories including my 60-90 minute workout every day/other day depending on how sore I am (just getting back in the groove).

My weight is up to like 156lbs now but I feel like Im losing fat and getting bigger. My stomach feels flatter too, its not just subjective either, my wife thought so also. Some of it may be water weight. Would I expect to lose weight while cutting fat and building muscle?

I'll keep pushing the cardio to the next level until I get where I want to be. I don't have much fat on my stomach, my Withings scale keeps going back and forth between 19% and 22%, but I'm determined to get rid of it.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Good for you bro! You are achieving what everyone of us tries to accomplish. Good job.

When you first start off training and have a good amount of bodyfat and very little extra muscle the body wants mor muscle and doesnt want the fat so its very easy too loose fat and biild muscle simultaneously after you reach a certain this will change dramatically later. A couple tips dont do that much cardio with that large of a deficit at your bodyfat you have a while too work as you taper off youll need too increase cardio or reduce calories too continue making progress if your doing 2 hours of cardio and eating half of you BMR where do you decrease ? All your going too do is cause some nasty metabolic damage and rebound really bad . dont believe in metabolic damage ask anyone who has been through a contest prep.also eat more real food chicken fish lean beef having 4 shakes a day not a good idea whole foods bro . one last thing stop waisting money on hydroxycut its garbage only benifical ingredient is caffine . you can get caffine pills for 10 bucks that shit is a rip off there are more effective things also but you need too get a little leaner so no risk of heart problems good luck bro but it wont happen over night and if you try and sprint a marathon youll never see the finish line

Thanks, gymjunkie. I dont eat meat. I've been eating greek yogurt, nuts, beans, brown rice, grains, seeds, soy, stuff like that. I get that some proteins are complete, some are not, and that so many essential amino acids make a complete protein. I understand how BCAAs are beneficial. What I don't understand is the difference between getting my protein from something like a shake or a whole food unless the only reasons for that are because of the nutrition benefit of what I'm receiving from the whole food and its cost in terms of the number of calories I'm able to consume for the given day. Is this the key reason why protein is more valuable from whole food sources?

In terms of weight changes, at this stage, would it possibly be expected for to net gain more weight in lean muscle/water than you are losing fat (perhaps when you are between 19-22%)? I dont think I'm getting fatter and I feel like I'm getting progress.

Thanks, gymjunkie. I dont eat meat. I've been eating greek yogurt, nuts, beans, brown rice, grains, seeds, soy, stuff like that. I get that some proteins are complete, some are not, and that so many essential amino acids make a complete protein. I understand how BCAAs are beneficial. What I don't understand is the difference between getting my protein from something like a shake or a whole food unless the only reasons for that are because of the nutrition benefit of what I'm receiving from the whole food and its cost in terms of the number of calories I'm able to consume for the given day. Is this the key reason why protein is more valuable from whole food sources?

In terms of weight changes, at this stage, would it possibly be expected for to net gain more weight in lean muscle/water than you are losing fat (perhaps when you are between 19-22%)? I dont think I'm getting fatter and I feel like I'm getting progress.

You will find that most long term guys who stay in shape opt for natural food. I think of whey and bars as a contrived, engineered ,processed food. Plus protein from food helps you feel full. I do use whey from time to time when I am in a hurry, but always try for fresh.
You are in a transition right now and it may not be so predictable as to fat loss,weight gain, muscle gain etc. Just be sure you do not over train and become puny and stringy. This happens when you are in a big calorie deficit, and you begin metabolizing muscle. Just take it slow with a moderate calorie reduction,high protein,moderate carbs and good fats. Workout with a good weight routine and moderate cardio. Eat real wholesome food and let nature do its thing. Don't over think it.

You will find that most long term guys who stay in shape opt for natural food. I think of whey and bars as a contrived, engineered ,processed food. Plus protein from food helps you feel full. I do use whey from time to time when I am in a hurry, but always try for fresh.
You are in a transition right now and it may not be so predictable as to fat loss,weight gain, muscle gain etc. Just be sure you do not over train and become puny and stringy. This happens when you are in a big calorie deficit, and you begin metabolizing muscle. Just take it slow with a moderate calorie reduction,high protein,moderate carbs and good fats. Workout with a good weight routine and moderate cardio. Eat real wholesome food and let nature do its thing. Don't over think it.

well said and i completely agree... one thing i took notice of is that 1400 calories is extremely low to the point where it could reverse your metabolism... that was my concern on the weight loss stalling out... it does depend on the maintenance though but if your working out at a high rate, your maintenance will not be too low at all...

1400 calories a day a up to 2 hours of cardio/training!!
You need to consume back a lot of those calories man, at that rate you might be down to as low as 800-900 net used calories, and that is going to cause a BIG stall...I would up your calories to 1800-2000

well said and i completely agree... one thing i took notice of is that 1400 calories is extremely low to the point where it could reverse your metabolism... that was my concern on the weight loss stalling out... it does depend on the maintenance though but if your working out at a high rate, your maintenance will not be too low at all...

My calculated BMR was around 1,500 (32, 156lbs, 5'4). My Jawbone UP band believes my resting calorie burn is around 1475. While working out ~5 days a week, I know my body needs significantly more calories for building muscle. I'm guess Im just trying to feel everything out right now and find that sweet spot where I'm at the fastest possible progress while dancing at the line of maximum risk before I do cause damage. That probably sounds like it might be the same for a lot of people.

Thanks for everyone's continued advice.

My calculated BMR was around 1,500 (32, 156lbs, 5'4). My Jawbone UP band believes my resting calorie burn is around 1475. While working out ~5 days a week, I know my body needs significantly more calories for building muscle. I'm guess Im just trying to feel everything out right now and find that sweet spot where I'm at the fastest possible progress while dancing at the line of maximum risk before I do cause damage. That probably sounds like it might be the same for a lot of people.

Thanks for everyone's continued advice.

bro, its not about towing the line on causing damage here, its about stalling out your metabolism, which your ultimately going to do by starving yourself...

I didn't consider the metabolic effect of body maintaining weight. I can actually relate to that, Adderall can do it to you if you're not careful. I actually gained weight from it, excessive use of course. After working out again though, I found I have more cleaner energy and have all but weened myself off my prescription.

I know it's a SOB trying to find the sweet spot I have been chasing it for 10 Months as I lost 70 pounds, it has never been the same for more then 3 weeks at a time, it seems like a full time job for me....lol

Trail and error......just keep monitoring it closely...

I still eat every 2-3 hours whether its something like almonds, walnuts, etc. Just in moderate amounts.

thats the right idea but it makes no difference if your not taking in enough calories... just because your spreading things out does not make up for the fact that your not taking in enough, thats not how it works and im not sure the justification on that bro... you have the right idea but its still not adding up

Your overall deficit is definitely way too much. Your calorie expenditure from activity is very high, yet your intake is very low. This is a complete recipe for disaster. You need to keep your overall deficit to no more than 1000 calories per day, which equates to about 2 lbs of fat loss per week. That is the MAXIMUM rate of loss. At the level you are currently at, it will significantly decrease your metabolism until you just stall out completely. That is not good.

I would cut that cardio way down, and also compensate by adding in more calories. I know I've shown you my diet thread before if I remember right, but please re read it if you need to. You need to get your numbers set correctly for a good rate of fat loss, and out of the extreme

https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroids-sarms-information/diet-nutrition-basics-101-a-3314.html

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Your overall deficit is definitely way too much. Your calorie expenditure from activity is very high, yet your intake is very low. This is a complete recipe for disaster. You need to keep your overall deficit to no more than 1000 calories per day, which equates to about 2 lbs of fat loss per week. That is the MAXIMUM rate of loss. At the level you are currently at, it will significantly decrease your metabolism until you just stall out completely. That is not good.

I would cut that cardio way down, and also compensate by adding in more calories. I know I've shown you my diet thread before if I remember right, but please re read it if you need to. You need to get your numbers set correctly for a good rate of fat loss, and out of the extreme

https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroids-sarms-information/diet-nutrition-basics-101-a-3314.html

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

That's what I need. A hard-fast, empirical rule of thumb. That is, ~1000 calories per day or 2lbs of fat loss per week. When we say deficit, we're talking about (Daily Caloric Intake - BMR) - ~Calories from Activity)] > -1000?

I just wanted to share if you down the SARMs while having a gulp of protein shake in the back of your throat, it for real tastes like a spiked milk shake, and is actually pretty good.

Also you based your deficit on your BMR thats your expenditure if you slept all day literally you said 2 hours of cardio and weight training your TDEE is probly double that

How tall are you? You're 153lbs with 19-22% bodyfat? I'm not going to preach on your diet but t seems like you're on a mostly carb diet. Am I wrong?

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!
Order at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Brother man, I just wanna touch base with you about your withings body analyzer scale. DO NOT take the body fat% to heart as the for sure number. I have this scale and personally love it for the weight tracking abilities with the app, but I know that is it not accurate because I have my body composition tested every quarter. Especially before and after an AAS cycle to know what my actual gains are so I can really fine tune the diet if needed. It's always been off several percent. Also, I kid you not, I can weigh myself, sit on the can, weigh again, and the body fat percentage will show differently. I highly recommend a bod pod or dexascan for getting as accurate body composition numbers as you can. Just my .02. Good luck on the 12 week stack. Thinking about doing the same one in June.

Top Bottom