napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Prolactin gyno

Bro I'm driving but once I get home I'll show you my blood work when I had PRL @27.3. wasn't a big deal, I had no gyno or lactation whatsoeve not even close. I'm telling you this is very strange to me, only thing I can think of is that were all different so maybe you are extremely sensitive to prolactin. I'm baffled

First read this :

Normal serum prolactin levels vary between 5 and 25 ng/ml in females although physiological and diurnal variations occur.[24] Serum prolactin levels are higher in the afternoon than in the morning, and hence should preferably be measured in the morning. Hyperprolactinemia is usually defined as fasting levels of above 20 ng/ml in men and above 25 ng/ml in women[9] at least 2 hours after waking up. Unless the prolactin levels are markedly elevated, the investigation should be repeated before labeling the patient as hyperprolactinemic. Even one normal value should be considered as normal and an isolated raised one should be discarded as spurious. Other common conditions which must be excluded when considering raised prolactin levels are non-fasting sample, excessive exercise, history of drug intake, chest wall surgery or trauma, renal disease, cirrhosis, and seizure within 1-2 hours. These conditions usually cause PRL elevation of <50 ng/ml.

Hyperprolactinemia without an identified cause requires imaging of the hypothalamic-pituitary area. A mildly elevated serum prolactin level may be due to a nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma or craniopharyngioma compressing the pituitary stalk, but high prolactin levels are commonly associated with a prolactin secreting prolactinoma. Although computerized axial tomography (CAT) scan can be used, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with gadolinium enhancement provides the best visualization of the sellar area. A prolactinoma is likely if the prolactin level is greater than 250 ng/mL and a level of 500 ng/mL or greater is diagnostic of a macroprolactinoma. Selected drugs including risperidone and metoclopramide may cause prolactin elevations above 200 ng/mL.

In cases where other causes of hyperprolactinemia have been excluded and no adenoma can be visualized with MRI, the hyperprolactinemia is referred to as “idiopathic”

then read this in its entirety:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3853872/

Now just like u i was curious so i went to see my primary who actually broke everything down for me and was very thorough with his explanations in regards to elevation with PRL, which is why im explaining this to you exactly how it was explained to me. Then you come along and state something completely different which is what made me
apprehensive,

I mean even the NCBI reports states other than what your doctor has advised you... maybe you need another doctor bro ? just a thought

totally agree, I had prl 200 last year, small lump related to my psyche medicine. those numbers don't seem high at all.

totally agree, I had prl 200 last year, small lump related to my psyche medicine. those numbers don't seem high at all.

ya, 200ng can begin to cause issues i can definitely see that happening. i mean its not even considered prolactinoma until one reaches 250ng. 20ng+ would only be considered Hyperprolactinemia, which means slight elevation in PRL

I tried sharing the picture of my results but i dont know how to upload it here ,

So what do you think i should do bro? Im totally confused now cus thats what the doctor told me that ita gyno and my prolactin was high at that number and reffered me to the endo but my apt isnt till august . Pro hormones are the only thing that i have took toohave flared puffy nipples and a lump under it . When i first started noticing it back then i did have lactation when i would squueze them now i dont . They used to be sensitive but ive been takin a estrogen blocker and are not sensitive anymore . I really have no knowledge in this and wouldnt be able to tell you guys right from wrong , im jus trying to find a answer or help on what to take to help them out

if you have prolactin that high then you need to get dostinex or prami asap... letro will do NOTHING for prolactin issues...

ya, 200ng can begin to cause issues i can definitely see that happening. i mean its not even considered prolactinoma until one reaches 250ng. 20ng+ would only be considered Hyperprolactinemia, which means slight elevation in PRL

I tried sharing the picture of my results but i dont know how to upload it here ,

So what do you think i should do bro? Im totally confused now cus thats what the doctor told me that ita gyno and my prolactin was high at that number and reffered me to the endo but my apt isnt till august . Pro hormones are the only thing that i have took toohave flared puffy nipples and a lump under it . When i first started noticing it back then i did have lactation when i would squueze them now i dont . They used to be sensitive but ive been takin a estrogen blocker and are not sensitive anymore . I really have no knowledge in this and wouldnt be able to tell you guys right from wrong , im jus trying to find a answer or help on what to take to help them out

well, dostinex will lower PRL thats for sure. if you do use it, use it very sparingly and wait to see the endo and make him explain everything to you thoroughly. Or you can get another professional opinion ? Maybe the gyno you have is not PRL related at all ?

did you tell your doctor you took pro hormones ?

"Other common conditions which must be excluded when considering raised prolactin levels are non-fasting sample, excessive exercise, HISTORY OF DRUG INTAKE, chest wall surgery or trauma, renal disease, cirrhosis, and seizure within 1-2 hours. These conditions usually cause PRL elevation of <50 ng/ml."

"When i first started noticing it back then i did have lactation when i would squueze them now i dont" when you say you had lactation how much are we talking here ? cus every man woman and mammal excrete fluid when they squeeze their nipples hard enough. If were talking small pin drops, then that would be normal and not lactation.

here, watch this video of someone who has true PRL gyno + lactation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCv-17HcuME

Last edited:
Yeah mine dont look like that and my lactation wasnt that bad is was a little bit and wasnt white it was like a brownish color

Yeah mine dont look like that and my lactation wasnt that bad is was a little bit and wasnt white it was like a brownish color

Brownish or was it opaque and your skin/nipple color showed through which can make it appear brownish lol ? U know the more things u state, the more I've been here with others lol

It comes down to you need to work with your doctor. Even if u believe you have high prolactin and lower it using dostinex it still doesn't solve the original problem

Top Bottom