napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Out of Gym Training with the Buddha

Thank You Dylan. I so enjoy being part of the community and reaching out to support others has the natural effect of raising my own life condition.

The kick off for this thread was concern that gyms could be closing again and I just got word that the ones in my area will close tomorrow after only being open for a couple weeks.

Please feel free to post anything here that may help you or others keep their hopes up. Training ideas, Covid diet alternatives, meditation tips (I told you that might come up, but I'll keep it to a minimum), anything.

Reach out and be part of the positive energy.

That is what it is all about..........

I just noticed this thread has over 1500 views!

Connecting with like minded individuals, here the commonality is physique development and all things physically challenging, helps support an optimistic outlook. It's like a natural anti depressant/antianxiety supplement. There is research to prove this covered in Joann Hari's book "Lost Connections", but you can just believe the Buddha or reflect on your own experiences being part of this community.

Legs have presented as a challenge for me when training outside the gym. I don't have proper workout equipment for use outside the gym, and although this has presented as an opportunity to find new ways to challenge myself, it's been even harder with legs.

But never one to give up, I found high rep walking lunges, goblet style squats holding anything I could find laying around, and calve work effective. I tried front squats holding an 8 foot length of tree in front of me...let's just say I didn't do that one again. And of course, really long hikes while maintaining a brisk pace helped keep me tight and became the foundation for the best definition I have ever had.

Don't hesitate...

thats what im saying bro, a lot of people are reading this... seriously, most people have no clue about this but we get thousands and thousands of people on here per day but 80-85 % are not even members, they just come here to read and so thats why im always so adamant about the type of information given on the site being so spot on... thank you for the great contributions!

Thank you Dylan, I've always appreciated your guidance and insights.

You may be considering calling "bullshit" on the old saying - Some people see the door closed, while others see it as waiting to be open - when your gym is locked down. I mean, what's the option? Breaking in?...I'm not encouraging that, but it did come to mind a couple times.

Way back in March I purchased a set of resistance bands off Amazon and they have gone to good use. Topping out at 150lbs meant a lot of one arm motions, flys in particular, but I definitely got into a groove and I have no doubt I can train regardless of how the pandemic develops.

Don't wait to be given permission to train. Drop back on this thread for ideas of how you can train today and consider bands or whatever else you can get your hands on to challenge yourself.

Feel free to post up your own approaches or questions as well.

Never give up...

I just saw a post on a different site going on about, "not another thread about exercises you can do when the gyms are closed".

Perhaps they would prefer a thread complaining about how they can't train(I think I have actually seen more of those).

Sure, it is challenging, but most worthwhile things are. If anybody followed my sarms.forsale thread back towards the beginning of the pandemic (I logged their S23 which was amazing) you know I refused to give up and ended up with amazing results.

This is your chance...

I just saw a post on a different site going on about, "not another thread about exercises you can do when the gyms are closed".

Perhaps they would prefer a thread complaining about how they can't train(I think I have actually seen more of those).

Sure, it is challenging, but most worthwhile things are. If anybody followed my sarms.forsale thread back towards the beginning of the pandemic (I logged their S23 which was amazing) you know I refused to give up and ended up with amazing results.

This is your chance...
there are a lot of assholes out there brother... i just try my best to block them out...

Bringing this thread back to life due to ongoing craziness. Post questions and comments to help stay focused and support other members of the community...

Loved this post. It helped me and inspired me when all went nuts.
Everyone should read it.
It shows true dedication. Heck it would even make a good movie.

The feeling is mutual Slyder. Sharing and receiving encouragement is what this community is all about.

And to run with your idea of a movie as metaphor, we all are writing the story of our lives with out thoughts and actions.

Let's choose to be the Hero by refusing to give up no matter what...

We may be in different places Slyder, but as long as we are challenging ourselves with focus and dedication, we are training together.

Happy Friday...

Top Bottom