napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

OPEN BREW DISCUSSION

PHURIOUS said:
NOSrx said:
PHURIOUS said:
f1c3f55d9321be77262772715375c501.jpg

This is the setup u want right here.....

How are you cleaning your open glass 500ml bottle? Do you ipa bath it then bake it?

Ipa bath and then i have a pressure cooker style clave

PHURIOUS PHARMA

I was thinking about getting one of those! any suggestions?

BigBusiness said:
Can somebody point me in the right direction for a good read for a novice brewer. This tickles my brain and I'm in lust over this topic but is very hard to find the right reading material

Anyone? I'd like to get to know more as well

Hand Pumps work very well and are affordable. Most pumps draw roughly 15ml per squeeze. You can find these for roughly $50-100 for 250-1000ml.

Harbour freight has a $15 hand vaccun pump. That will a millipore filter. Equals butter. Hassle free

PHURIOUS PHARMA

I was referring to a whole kit setup for that price.. But Yes, you are correct, I have seen them at Harbor Freight for cheap also. They work really well actually, that is what I use as well.
I can't remember but I believe I got my latest one from Home Science.

Ah gotcha. What i really want it that electric pump. Like $100. With psi setting

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Ah gotcha. What i really want it that electric pump. Like $100. With psi setting

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Yea, it would be sweet when making bigger batches. Ive got a nice list of things I will be picking up eventually. For now my setup works quite effectively, didn't cost a fortune but is very effective and sanitary..

NameLess said:
PHURIOUS said:

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Yea, it would be sweet when making bigger batches. Ive got a nice list of things I will be picking up eventually. For now my setup works quite effectively, didn't cost a fortune but is very effective and sanitary..
Years back I used a modified caulking gun. Worked like a charm. I have not filtered now in over 10 years. I used to make 1 liter at time.Lately brews are just for me so its usually 100mls. Takes all of 15 minutes to do when you don't filter.

I tried that once and the syringe flew outa that motherfucker and oil went all over the floor. No thanks. Just a nice bottle top filter and a hand vaccun pump total cost $40. Works like a charm

PHURIOUS PHARMA

drb_iac said:
NameLess said:
PHURIOUS said:

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Years back I used a modified caulking gun. Worked like a charm. I have not filtered now in over 10 years. I used to make 1 liter at time.Lately brews are just for me so its usually 100mls. Takes all of 15 minutes to do when you don't filter.

Do you not even filter for yourself. What do you do to sterilize your gear? Bake it?

Hi Phurious. New member here but very interested in brewing my own gear. Was looking for a definite viable source for good powders. If you're willing would you send me a message some time. Thanks!!

Thats going to be a tall order. As thise sources are very sacred. You will have to make some friends be here a bit.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Yes sir sounds good. I'm in the process of ordering the brewing supplies and getting set up first anyhow. I'm a dental professional and easy to find on the Internet if questions about who I am arise. Been in the game a while to know the precautions of everything. PM me anytime if you need my personal credentials. In the meantime I'll keep learning from your posts! And thank you for the response. :D

I've been reading up on basskiller's articles. Since I'm just making small amounts for myself, probably 100ml at a time, would the Whitman syringe filters be ok? I read that it should be nylon only.

If u try to do 100ml in a syrigne filter u will need quite a few and ur hand will be dead. Better to just use a 100ml bottle too and a couple 60ml syringes and fill sterile pre sealed vials

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Ok Thank ya! Another quick question I've been trying to research. I know the finaplix that is made now has estradiol added to the pellets. Curious to if there are still any pure finaplix pellets without the estradiol being produced? I have a veterinarian in the family and I've asked them to look into it too.

Top Bottom