napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Masteron (Drostanolone) - By: Dylan Gemelli

imported_admin

Drostanolone (Masteron) is an anabolic androgenic steroid that hit the open market in 1970 under the trade name “Masteron” and was manufactured by Syntex. Masteron was initially developed by Syntex in 1959 in conjunction with Anadrol but was not released until several years later. Syntex also provided the compound under numerous other brand names such as Masteril and Metormon among others, as well as Drolban. However, Masteron has remained the most recognizable brand. As a therapeutic agent, Masteron enjoyed two decades of success in combatting advanced inoperable breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It also became one of the most popular cutting steroids among bodybuilders, which is where Masteron is currently most commonly found. The original Masteron brand is no longer available; in fact, nearly every pharmaceutical brand on earth has been discontinued. Masteron is still approved by the U.S. FDA, but it is rarely used in breast cancer treatment any longer in favor of other options. Masteron is still extremely popular and considered the very best for contest preparation amongst bodybuilders. The original version of Masteron was only available in propionate form, so many veteran users are not even familiar that an enanthate version exists. We all owe it to the underground labs (UGL’s) we have today for providing masteron in the enantahate ester.

Masteron Facts and Uses:

Masteron is a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) derived anabolic steroid. More specifically, Masteron is the DHT hormone that has been structurally altered by the addition of a methyl group at the carbon 2 position, This protects the hormone from the metabolic breakdown by the 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme, which is found in the skeletal muscle. It also greatly increases the hormone’s anabolic nature. This simple structural change is all it takes to create Masteron, and from here the small/short Propionate ester is attached in order to control the hormone’s release time. Masteron Enanthate can also be found through some underground labs, which does not have to be injected as frequently, but it is somewhat rare compared to the Propionate version. On a functional basis, Masteron is well-known for being one of the only anabolic steroids with strong anti-estrogenic properties. Not only does this steroid carry no estrogenic activity, but it can actually act as an anti-estrogen in the body. This is why it has been effective in the treatment of breast cancer. The combination of Masteron and Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) has been shown to be far more effective than chemotherapy in the treatment of inoperable breast cancer in postmenopausal women. This also makes it a popular steroid among bodybuilders as it could actually prohibit the need for an anti-estrogen when used in the right cycle. This will also prove advantageous during the cutting phase due to the hardening effects it can provide. Masteron carries relatively low anabolic and androgenic ratings, The anabolic/androgenic ratio of Masteron is only 62:25 while testosterone is the baseline at 100:100. Do not let these numbers fool you into thinking masteron is weak. There is not a better muscle hardener in existence but it is true that if ran alone, masteron will be be very inadequate for gains. The ratings are somewhat misleading. It is important to remember DHT, the basis of Masteron, is five times more androgenic than testosterone with a much stronger binding affinity to the androgen receptor. This promotes a harder look and can also enhance fat loss. Most all anabolic steroid are well-noted for enhancing the metabolic rate, however strong androgens have a tendency to directly promote lipolysis. As an anabolic, Masteron is not well-known for promoting gains in lean muscle mass. It has never been used for muscle wasting in a therapeutic sense and will almost always be found in cutting plans among performance athletes. Masteron can promote significant boosts in strength, which could prove beneficial to an athlete who may not necessarily be looking for raw mass but for hardening, polishing, strength and drying out.

Masteron is an excellent choice as a finisher during a cycle although it should be stacked with other steroids to achieve maximum benefits. Masteron is an especially strong choice with aromatizing compounds like testosterone, dbol, etc. because it works in synergy to counteract estrogen based water weight.

Masteron Effects:

The effects of Masteron will be displayed in the most efficient way during a cutting cycle. For the effects to be truly seen and appreciated, the masteron user will need to be extremely lean. This is why the hormone will most commonly be found at the end of bodybuilding contest prep cycles as the user should already be fairly lean at this stage. The added Masteron will help lose that last bit of fat that often hangs on for dear life at the end of a cycle. It will also ensures a physique appears as hard as can be. The anti-estrogenic effect will simply enhance this overall look. For those that are not competitive bodybuilder lean, it is possible that the effects of Masteron may not be all that noticeable. The user who is under 10% body fat should be able to notice some results and produce a harder, dryer look, but much over 10% and the effects may not be all that pronounced. As a potent androgen, Masteron can benefit the athlete looking for a boost in strength. This can be a very beneficial steroid for an athlete who is following a calorie restricted diet in an effort to maintain a specific bodyweight necessary for his pursuit. The individual could easily enjoy moderate increases in strength and a slight improvement in recovery and muscular endurance without unwanted body weight gain. As a bulking agent, the effects of Masteron will prove to be fairly weak. The relative gain in size will be very moderate with many anabolic steroids being far more suited for this period of steroidal supplementation. There are those who may wish to include Masteron in a bulking plan for its anti-estrogenic and fat loss effects. The latter would ensure they kept their body fat gain minimized during off-season bulking phases, but this is not reason enough to use it in this phase. Body fat should be controllable without it. As for the anti-estrogenic effects, off-season cycles are normally comprised of large amounts of aromatase activity due to high doses of testosterone. Progesterone activity is also commonly high with the addition of nandrolone compounds (trenbolone, deca durabolin, npp). Consider additional Anadrol or Dianabol and this estrogenic activity can become very pronounced. Unfortunately, while possessing anti-estrogenic effects, Masteron will not be strong enough to combat this level of estrogenic activity.

Medical uses
Masteron was used for many years to combat advanced inoperable breast cancer in postmenopausal women. The FDA still approves drostanolone for this purpose however it is rarely used today due to the variety of other options available to women.

What is DHT?

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a sex steroid and androgen hormone. In the body, the 5a-reductase enzyme synthesizes DHT in the adrenal glands, testes, hair follicles and prostate, giving males man-like features. In males, 5% of testosterone that is produced gets converted to DHT, so anytime testosterone is increased, you will also increase DHT. DHT does not convert to estrogen. Being that Masteron is a DHT derived compound, you can expect much more increased DHT in the body, without estrogen increasing.

What is SHBG?
SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) is a protein that binds to sex steroids, and renders them inactive for as long as SHBG is bound to them.
There is a difference between ‘free’ testosterone and ‘bound’ testosterone. Free testosterone is what matters, so the higher you can get that relative to total testosterone the more benefits you can expect. Masteron, being a DHT derivative, will strongly bind to SHBG, this will increase free testosterone, which is why it works so well as part of a steroid stack instead of alone.

Higher testosterone levels typically mean:
  • Stronger libido
    Better erections
    Strength and muscle gains
    Better mood
    Increased feeling of overall well being

Enanthate vs. Propionate

There are several injectable anabolic steroids which carry different esters: testosterone, trenbolone and nandrolone are the most popular examples. Longer esters like enanthate (enan) can be injected less often, usually once (1) or twice (2) per week. On the other hand, shorter esters like propionate (prop) are usually injected every day or every other day (ED and EOD). For those who would rather inject twice a week, they can pick the enanthate version.

Users who use masteron propionate tend to stack it with another shorter ester such as trenbolone acetate, testosterone propionate, or NPP. Stacking keeps esters consistent with each other. On the other hand, those that go with the enanthate version of masteron tend to stack testosterone enanthate or cypionate, trenbolone enanthate, or other enanthate esters.

Propionate ester will reach peak levels in the body faster than the enanthate ester. As a result, it will be out of the system faster, so recovery will be faster. It is important to remember the body’s HPTA will not recover until steroid esters are completely out of your system.
The best recommendation is if you are running a cycle 8 weeks or less, then stack Masteron Propionate; however, if you run a longer cycle, then it’s a good idea to use Masteron Enanthate. In the end, it may come down to personal preference, some users swear prop works better for them, and others say there is no difference.

Use and Dosages

Masteron should be used as part of a steroid stack, so that the user can benefit from the SHBG binding. Average dosage is 400-500mg per week, although I have found 600-800 mg per week to be the optimal dosing pattern. More experienced users will go up to a gram (1000mgs) per week.

Masteron works best for those with lower body fat who are looking to harden up the muscles, so it’s mainly used as a finisher to a cutting cycle, ahead of a competition, or before a photo shoot. It’s a mainstream belief that masteron is primarily a cosmetic compound, so a person should have a nice physique before wasting their time expecting tremendous results from using it alone.

I generally do not recommend those who have higher amounts of body fat (over 10-13%), or who do not have muscle mass on their frame, to use Masteron. However, this does not mean they cannot get the benefits of increased free testosterone, low side effects, and water shedding if that is their goal.

Detection Times and Half Life

The detection time for masteron propionate is 3 weeks with a 3-4 day half life. For masteron enanthate, the half life is about 8-10 days, and the detection time is up to a whopping 3 months. Those who will be tested should always choose propionate and stop at least 3 weeks before testing. Recently, a well known MMA athlete, Anderson Silva, was busted for masteron.

Side Effects
Side effects with masteron are low in terms of estrogenic effects; in fact, it can lower estrogen during a cycle because of its AI like properties. However, this does not shield someone from negative DHT side effects, such as head hair loss, which is very common with this compound. Masteron, like all anabolic steroids is suppressive, so a strong post cycle therapy protocol (PCT) is needed.
Since masteron is a DHT derivative, women are discouraged from using it, in even moderate doses, due to the risk of virilization (enlarged clitoris, facial hair, deepening voice). If it is used, it should be a very small dose and for a much shorter period of time.

Other names for masteron:
  • Masteril
    Drolban
    Mastabol
    Drostanolone
    Drostopro
    Drostanolonum
    Mast-100
    Mastebolin
    Mast-Depot
    P-Drostanolon
    Mastabolic
    Mastagen
    Mastblood
    Masterone
    Nomasteron
    Remastril

Masteron carries a multitude of benefits and happens to be one of my favorite steroids. Light on side effects, pronounced on definition and shedding and the many other benefits carried with use make Masteron very desirable to an abundance of users.

By: Dylan Gemelli

Yummy.

Gimme this shit. Makes EVERYTHING hard and run it high when cycling 100mg ED.

If you're prone to hair loss, stay away.

If you're prone to pussy, get some. You'll thank me.

TheSVPdeal said:
Yummy.

LMFAO... There is NOTHING like master in terms of sculpting and hardening as well as the excellent increase in libido... It is a win win... I just want to convey that if you are not in the proper condition that masteron will not be what you expect... There are still benefits but it is mainly used for sculpting and aesthetics so in simple terms, the leaner and more pronounced your body, the more you obtain from masteron use...

^^^ Yup, great compound but really has to be used when your BF is way down.

EZ_E said:
^^^ Yup, great compound but really has to be used when your BF is way down.

absolutely and i see far too many guys attempting to use it when they are not in the right condition and then they wonder why they are not seeing results... its an AESTHETIC for a reason...

[/quote] absolutely and i see far too many guys attempting to use it when they are not in the right condition and then they wonder why they are not seeing results... its an AESTHETIC for a reason...[/quote]

Exactly.. Or I know guys that think it can be used in placed of an AI and they always find out the hard way.. If your BF is not low enough just stick with proviron until then !

absolutely and i see far too many guys attempting to use it when they are not in the right condition and then they wonder why they are not seeing results... its an AESTHETIC for a reason...[/quote]

Exactly.. Or I know guys that think it can be used in placed of an AI and they always find out the hard way.. If your BF is not low enough just stick with proviron until then ![/quote]

Well said... It definitely has AI "properties" but in no way should it ever be substituted for one... It can help aid in keeping estrogen lower for sure but it is not an AI on its own...

I also agree with the use of proviron and especially when it is stacked together with mast... talk about serious muscle hardening AND libido...

absolutely and i see far too many guys attempting to use it when they are not in the right condition and then they wonder why they are not seeing results... its an AESTHETIC for a reason...[/quote]

Exactly.. Or I know guys that think it can be used in placed of an AI and they always find out the hard way.. If your BF is not low enough just stick with proviron until then ![/quote]

Well said... It definitely has AI "properties" but in no way should it ever be substituted for one... It can help aid in keeping estrogen lower for sure but it is not an AI on its own...

I also agree with the use of proviron and especially when it is stacked together with mast... talk about serious muscle hardening AND libido...

Masteron is an amazing thing: kicks up libido, promotes hardness, makes you aggressive in the gym and bedroom, makes some super lean muscle tissue and vascularity is out of control.

If you ever want to feel like a statue, masteron is your baby. It is best to be close to 10% body fat to SEE the effects described but not to feel them.

With lower doses of test, 250mg ew and under, you can get away without an AI. I've never seen different. Keep in mind that it was designed to combat breast cancers and will remove estrogen from breast tissue. However, anything above 250mg, and I would use aromasin.

There is absolutely no doubt about it that Masteron is one of my favorite steroids for its cosmetic effects. If you are really lean, you will love it. I use it every time I cycle in the summer. The effect it has on hardness, vascularity, and libido is out of this world.

I find that my sweet spot is probably around 600-800mg per week

I just started dosing my Mast a few days ago now that Im getting sub10% and I really cant explain how great it is. The well being and libido alone is
Enough for me to stack it but the hardness and vascularity is unreal.. Not to mention its still an AAS whether mild or not. I like the 600-800mg/ week dosage too and Im happy there is an enanthate ester

Sent using Tapatalk

TheSVPdeal said:
Yummy.

LOL! That's fuckin good shit right there. I want to try it, just cause this post.

What would a good dose to use of Mast E when cruising on trt of 200mg of test C for 12 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

This is great. Thanks Dylan.

I love Masteron. I feel great in it. I'm grainy and vascular. The organisms are crazy good.

The downside:
-I'm married and on Masteron, I want to sleep with any descent lady walking. My drive becomes way too much for my wife to handle and I get crazy about all women that are half way attractive.
-my hair falls out

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom