napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Marijuana and Gyno

No as I listed they definitely can, my family does not drink milk or eat any soy for that very reason. And I never said drugs can't cause gyno, that's why we use AI's. I said the drugs mentioned here do not cause gyno. That's just silly

what do you think marijuana is ? any drug that causes hormone imbalance can cause gyno,

No as I listed they definitely can, my family does not drink milk or eat any soy for that very reason. And I never said drugs can't cause gyno, that's why we use AI's. I said the drugs mentioned here do not cause gyno. That's just silly

were not talking about using AIs and all that, the conversation was simply about marijuana and it causing gyno which it can and there are studies. now using common sense tells you any drug or food that alters hormone levels has a risk of causing gyno. its actually very simple

While gynecomastia is a physiologic phenomenon in most newborns and adolescents, it is important to consider pathologic conditions and medications that can cause breast enlargement. Antibiotics, antiulcer drugs, growth hormones, and chemotherapy have been reported to induce gynecomastia. Adolescents who use anabolic steroids, or who abuse alcohol, marijuana, heroin, or amphetamines, should be alerted to the fact that gynecomastia might develop. Treatment of drug-induced gynecomastia includes discontinuation of the offending drug. Very rarely is surgical intervention required.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2860825/

How do you know you weren't going to develop gyno as a youngin with or without marijuana? You really dont...even if it went away naturally it could have been your body correcting itself. Natural hormones aren't very balanced at all, they have constant fluctuations.

Is there anything else you like to add or any other information you would like me to obtain for you feel free to ask

How do you know you weren't going to develop gyno as a youngin with or without marijuana? You really dont...even if it went away naturally it could have been your body correcting itself. Natural hormones aren't very balanced at all, they have constant fluctuations.

i personally do not, your missing the whole point again lol. i was smoking alot of weed an coupled with puberty, but i am only one person. others may develop gyno just with marijuana use alone

The general belief of the cause of gyno (in the medical field) as I understand it (and as how its explained in the first article you posted), is not necessarily an imbalance of any sort, but simply a excess of estrogen and an lack of androgens (like dht).

We know as gear heads you can be running 2+ grams of gear, and have MANY more androgens as opposed to estrogen (or any other unwanted hormones) and still get gyno. I personally think its just a matter of high estrogen, how much estrogen does it take? Depends on the person.

Gyno happens to ALOT of guys naturally and has been happening for centuries. It just so happens that teenagers use drugs doesn't mean that is to blame, it seems to me that the finger is just being pointed at drugs.

Unless there is a study performed on kids who did not have gyno and had healthy hormone levels, then are given drugs, that show that they cause a hormone in balance followed by gyno, then upon cessation of the drugs the gyno ceases and the individuals hormones return to normal, you simply cannot say, from a scientific standpoint that weed, amphetamines, or any other illicit drug listed causes gyno without a study actual showing this data.

The general belief of the cause of gyno (in the medical field) as I understand it (and as how its explained in the first article you posted), is not necessarily an imbalance of any sort, but simply a excess of estrogen and an lack of androgens (like dht).

We know as gear heads you can be running 2+ grams of gear, and have MANY more androgens as opposed to estrogen (or any other unwanted hormones) and still get gyno. I personally think its just a matter of high estrogen, how much estrogen does it take? Depends on the person.

Gyno happens to ALOT of guys naturally and has been happening for centuries. It just so happens that teenagers use drugs doesn't mean that is to blame, it seems to me that the finger is just being pointed at drugs.

Unless there is a study performed on kids who did not have gyno and had healthy hormone levels, then are given drugs, that show that they cause a hormone in balance followed by gyno, then upon cessation of the drugs the gyno ceases and the individuals hormones return to normal, you simply cannot say, from a scientific standpoint that weed, amphetamines, or any other illicit drug listed causes gyno without a study actual showing this data.

here bro

were not talking about using AIs and all that, the conversation was simply about marijuana and it causing gyno which it can and there are studies. now using common sense tells you any drug or food that alters hormone levels has a risk of causing gyno. its actually very simple
Bro you are taking me completely out of context ...and I honestly think you are smarter than this... You asked me if I don't think drugs can cause gyno, well they absolutely can (another time my words were picked out of context) which is the exact reason we use AI's. Cause the drugs we use can cause gyno. I know we aren't talking about AIs...I was answering your question and giving you a pretty good example to back up my answer....which explains the mention of AIs. Hope that makes sense if it didn't already.

Bro you are taking me completely out of context ...and I honestly think you are smarter than this... You asked me if I don't think drugs can cause gyno, well they absolutely can (another time my words were picked out of context) which is the exact reason we use AI's. Cause the drugs we use can cause gyno. I know we aren't talking about AIs...I was answering your question and giving you a pretty good example to back up my answer....which explains the mention of AIs. Hope that makes sense if it didn't already.

look, i posted you multiple studies that show correlation between durg use and gyno and all youve done was disagree and show nothing. I dont know how to help you understand that drugs may cause gyno, and if you dont want to believe that they do thats fine. Post something that shows something

Im sorry, you have yet to post a study showing a correlation between drug use (marijuana) and gyno. What you have shown us are simply articles....no real studies, anyone with an opinion can write and article...even you or me. That's not to say the articles don't hold water but they literally show nothing scientifically, its just words without a study to back it up. Unless I missed something here in one of your links then I apologize. I will go back and re-read the links you posted as they were definitely interesting. But concerning a phenomenon like gyno, that can have so many different potential causes natural or un-natural, you can't just single out one potential cause and say this is the reason why, or this was to blame, when in reality there could have been ten to twenty different things that could also have been at the root of the problem, or a combination many of these things...to say marijuana is causing it all by itself, without a single study to back it up is just silly IMO. I'm not saying its not possible, I am saying its silly to believe anything anyone says, doctor or not, when there is no real proof. That is all.

Im sorry, you have yet to post a study showing a correlation between drug use (marijuana) and gyno. What you have shown us are simply articles....no real studies, anyone with an opinion can write and article...even you or me. That's not to say the articles don't hold water but they literally show nothing scientifically, its just words without a study to back it up. Unless I missed something here in one of your links then I apologize. I will go back and re-read the links you posted as they were definitely interesting. But concerning a phenomenon like gyno, that can have so many different potential causes natural or un-natural, you can't just single out one potential cause and say this is the reason why, or this was to blame, when in reality there could have been ten to twenty different things that could also have been at the root of the problem, or a combination many of these things...to say marijuana is causing it all by itself, without a single study to back it up is just silly IMO. I'm not saying its not possible, I am saying its silly to believe anything anyone says, doctor or not, when there is no real proof. That is all.

Omg, not another one .... here you go

Plus I think you guys are getting off topic... the thread states marijuana and gyno. I have stated and shown .gov sites and articles that show correlation between drug usage(including marijuana) and gyno. What else is there ?

Here is a study I just found, this stuff is quite intriguing I might add, leaves a lot of speculation (in a good way).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18983216

It states that Gynecomastia is caused by drugs in 10 - 25% of all cases. And the drugs it lists are exogenous estrogens, medications that cause hypogonadism, anti-androgenic drugs and drugs that cause hyperprolactinemia. It doesn't really say much else, but it doesn't list any illicit drugs. (different steroids can cause all of these issues listed and have been proven in studies to do so).

Here is a study I just found, this stuff is quite intriguing I might add, leaves a lot of speculation (in a good way).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18983216

It states that Gynecomastia is caused by drugs in 10 - 25% of all cases. And the drugs it lists are exogenous estrogens, medications that cause hypogonadism, anti-androgenic drugs and drugs that cause hyperprolactinemia. It doesn't really say much else, but it doesn't list any illicit drugs. (different steroids can cause all of these issues listed and have been proven in studies to do so).

Your not even making sense and just contradicted yourself , then tried to backpedal and say drugs but not illicit drugs. Cmon bro, wtf. And your pulling your info from the same sources, you need to read more you'll see it all

Maybe you made a mistake of some sort (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me), you have linked that same article like 6 times at least, its the exact same article. Not a study, Im not sure if you meant to link us to something different, and somehow copied the wrong thing. Just click on it and read it so you can see.

Maybe you made a mistake of some sort (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me), you have linked that same article like 6 times at least, its the exact same article. Not a study, Im not sure if you meant to link us to something different, and somehow copied the wrong thing. Just click on it and read it so you can see.

While gynecomastia is a physiologic phenomenon in most newborns and adolescents, it is important to consider pathologic conditions and medications that can cause breast enlargement. Antibiotics, antiulcer drugs, growth hormones, and chemotherapy have been reported to induce gynecomastia. Adolescents who use anabolic steroids, or who abuse alcohol, marijuana, heroin, or amphetamines, should be alerted to the fact that gynecomastia might develop. Treatment of drug-induced gynecomastia includes discontinuation of the offending drug. Very rarely is surgical intervention required.

Top Bottom