napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Lower Back Fat

RoboGainz

Does anyone have any tips for getting rid of lower back fat? I currently sit at around 11-12% body fat, the fat is coming off during my cycle around the chest and midsection without any issues but I have been around 8% body fat before and still had the stubborn back fat. I am trying to achieve the Christmas tree look or in other words...a very lean narrow lower back. Will deadlifts help or do I need to just diet more and incorporate more cardio to see it come off?

The cold harsh reality is that lower back fat and lovehandle area is some of the last bit of fat to come off, and you just have to tighten up the diet enough to get there. Everyone is a bit different but for me it starts going away once I get to about 9% or lower. Around 7 or 8 lower back and my whole core is pretty tight

The cold harsh reality is that lower back fat and lovehandle area is some of the last bit of fat to come off, and you just have to tighten up the diet enough to get there. Everyone is a bit different but for me it starts going away once I get to about 9% or lower. Around 7 or 8 lower back and my whole core is pretty tight

yeah I figured I just needed to get even lower body fat. Do you think any of those skin tightening/burning creams work such as lipoxyderm?

i would not get too caught up in crams etc... this is where cardio comes into play and doing centralized oblique work... another thing you should do is stability training... for example, when you do say dumbbell curls.. stand on a bosu ball, forcing yourself to balance using your core.. it works extremely well

i would not get too caught up in crams etc... this is where cardio comes into play and doing centralized oblique work... another thing you should do is stability training... for example, when you do say dumbbell curls.. stand on a bosu ball, forcing yourself to balance using your core.. it works extremely well
They aren't cheap either. Lipoxy is $45. I'm not sure, I will take your advice and once I get low enough maybe incorporate some winny to show my leanness the best. I am not training obliques anymore because of a thread I read stating it can give you a thicker waist

If your going for the Christmas tree look I would be careful with weighted exercises for obliques! If you develop the muscle and the fat is still there it will make you have a blocky mid section. Stabilizing exercises will be good to help engage the muscles of the core but no strength training exercise is going to help you reduce body fat in that area! I would continue to cut down until you seen changes to that section of your body and not worry about what % body fat you are! Nutrition and cardio is the answer and I think you know that!

If your going for the Christmas tree look I would be careful with weighted exercises for obliques! If you develop the muscle and the fat is still there it will make you have a blocky mid section. Stabilizing exercises will be good to help engage the muscles of the core but no strength training exercise is going to help you reduce body fat in that area! I would continue to cut down until you seen changes to that section of your body and not worry about what % body fat you are! Nutrition and cardio is the answer and I think you know that!
This is exactly my thought as well after talking to many experienced competitors. A lot of the pros and pro trainers preach this religiously about NOT training obliques because of it creating a blocky waist. A resistance trained muscle grows, and that's not where you want growth

4-5 days a week, 45 minutes per day, mixing steady state and hiit...

Agree with your assessment on both...
Dylan, do you mix steady + hiit cardio in same workout? (something like 30min incline treadmill 10degrees/3mph - then 20 min sprint/walk)
or do you do hiit one day and steady another? thanks brotha

Agree with your assessment on both...
Dylan, do you mix steady + hiit cardio in same workout? (something like 30min incline treadmill 10degrees/3mph - then 20 min sprint/walk)
or do you do hiit one day and steady another? thanks brotha
i do far more steady state than hiit myself but i do mix them, yes...

Top Bottom