napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Intermittent fasting facts and fiction explained: by RickRock

I love Intermittent Fasting for cutting! I've been combining it with a high fat diet and calorie deficit protocol - have great focus and energy. My current typical meal plan consists of coffee with MCT oil, and creatine in the morning at 8, then a protein shake after workout at 2, then bacon, eggs and avocado for lunch at 4. And a steak and greens (asparagus, broccoli or salad) at 8. Also, lots of teas with MCT oil during day. I also was under the impression that the body wouldn't really recognize the coffee with fat as a meal, since it is void of protein or carbs. I've been dropping weight and bf%, but now I think I'll try not adding the fat to my morning coffee, giving me a 6-hour eating window, to avoid initiating an insulin release and see how it enhances my cutting and affects energy, etc. Thanks for that insight RickRock!

I've been doing 18/6 for 2 full weeks now. I love it and my schedule is perfect for it. Can't wait to start seeing some good results!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have a question. I work out at the end of the day after my 12 hour shift, then I go to bed. Is it ok for me to fast at the end of the day? This would mean I would not have a post workout protein shake, and I would not have protein before I sleep.

I have a question. I work out at the end of the day after my 12 hour shift, then I go to bed. Is it ok for me to fast at the end of the day? This would mean I would not have a post workout protein shake, and I would not have protein before I sleep.

I always recommend getting in some sufficient post workout nutrition in a timely manner. It's not constructive to tear your muscle down then not give yourself the nutrients needed for repair and recovery. I would eat your post workout meal, then start your 16 hour fast

I love Intermittent Fasting for cutting! I've been combining it with a high fat diet and calorie deficit protocol - have great focus and energy. My current typical meal plan consists of coffee with MCT oil, and creatine in the morning at 8, then a protein shake after workout at 2, then bacon, eggs and avocado for lunch at 4. And a steak and greens (asparagus, broccoli or salad) at 8. Also, lots of teas with MCT oil during day. I also was under the impression that the body wouldn't really recognize the coffee with fat as a meal, since it is void of protein or carbs. I've been dropping weight and bf%, but now I think I'll try not adding the fat to my morning coffee, giving me a 6-hour eating window, to avoid initiating an insulin release and see how it enhances my cutting and affects energy, etc. Thanks for that insight RickRock!

Yes, it doesn't matter if it's fat, carbs or protein....anything with caloric content will initiate an insulin release and break fast so keep that in mind

I've never tried intermittent fasting before, but I am just wondering about one problem that may occur, not sure if it has ever happened to you. Let's say something really important pops up, like some kind of emergency or just something that you have to drop everything and attend too. And let's say this happens during your eating window. Has it ever happened to you where you could not get all your macros within your eating period?

That is my biggest concern about intermittent fasting. If you eat every 2-4 hours, and you have to miss a meal cause something pops up, no big deal really cause you can just increase your intake through your other meals. But if you don't get all your macros in during your feeding window with IF, you're pretty much sol right? Or would you just extend the eating period?

I doubt this kind of thing happens often, but it's just something I think about.

I've never tried intermittent fasting before, but I am just wondering about one problem that may occur, not sure if it has ever happened to you. Let's say something really important pops up, like some kind of emergency or just something that you have to drop everything and attend too. And let's say this happens during your eating window. Has it ever happened to you where you could not get all your macros within your eating period?

That is my biggest concern about intermittent fasting. If you eat every 2-4 hours, and you have to miss a meal cause something pops up, no big deal really cause you can just increase your intake through your other meals. But if you don't get all your macros in during your feeding window with IF, you're pretty much sol right? Or would you just extend the eating period?

I doubt this kind of thing happens often, but it's just something I think about.

Personally all my meals are pre prepared and in a cool bag rucksack except main evening meal

Ive never had a problem getting my macros in. If need be I just extend my fast (sometimes actually intentional for enhanced fat loss) and add those macros to another meal. Ive done IF with anywhere from 3 meals during the 8 hours to even just one meal every 24 hours. With what IF does to your insulin and grehlin levels, I've had no problem sitting down and having a 3k cal meal if need be whether planned or not.

Nutrient timing and the whole 2-3 hour eating thing is probsbly the most overaggerated need in the broscience bodybuilding community. At the end of the day it comes down to your daily macro totals. Yes there is some merit to nutrient timing around workouts but short of that, the rest of it just doesn't fucking matter

Ive never had a problem getting my macros in. If need be I just extend my fast (sometimes actually intentional for enhanced fat loss) and add those macros to another meal. Ive done IF with anywhere from 3 meals during the 8 hours to even just one meal every 24 hours. With what IF does to your insulin and grehlin levels, I've had no problem sitting down and having a 3k cal meal if need be whether planned or not.

Nutrient timing and the whole 2-3 hour eating thing is probsbly the most overaggerated need in the broscience bodybuilding community. At the end of the day it comes down to your daily macro totals. Yes there is some merit to nutrient timing around workouts but short of that, the rest of it just doesn't fucking matter

I completely agree. I used to eat every 2-3 hours, but cause of my job, I eat my first 3 meals 4-5 hours apart, and it doesn't effect me in a negative way one bit.

But you answered my question. This is good information to know!

Great stuff RickRock
you suggest bcaa if working out fasted. Doesn't that break the fast?
I've recently started IF but keep from them until my eating window

Great stuff RickRock
you suggest bcaa if working out fasted. Doesn't that break the fast?
I've recently started IF but keep from them until my eating window
I recommend BCAAs if you are training in a fasted state only. 6-8g during training, 6-8g post training and every two hours until fast is broken. This allows protein synthesis to continue during the fast afyer muscle breakdown without technically breaking the fast. Yes BCAAs typically have small caloric content, but the effect on insulin levels and release is minimal. Tgis is also the same thing recommended by Martin Berkhan who is one of the biggest names with intermittent fasting and his lean gains 16/8 protocol. If you aren't training fasted then no, I wouldn't use them during the fast

I recommend BCAAs if you are training in a fasted state only. 6-8g during training, 6-8g post training and every two hours until fast is broken. This allows protein synthesis to continue during the fast afyer muscle breakdown without technically breaking the fast. Yes BCAAs typically have small caloric content, but the effect on insulin levels and release is minimal. Tgis is also the same thing recommended by Martin Berkhan who is one of the biggest names with intermittent fasting and his lean gains 16/8 protocol. If you aren't training fasted then no, I wouldn't use them during the fast

What would be a good bcaa you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be a good bcaa you recommend?

There are a lot of good ones out there. Just pick what you like for price and taste. Some that I use are recoverpro by AI sports, Machine Fuel by MTS nutrition, Xtend by scivation, and amino express by Scitec nutrition

There are a lot of good ones out there. Just pick what you like for price and taste. Some that I use are recoverpro by AI sports, Machine Fuel by MTS nutrition, Xtend by scivation, and amino express by Scitec nutrition

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Very interesting. I’m a firefighter working 48 hr shifts. I do a small fast during duty that’s has been working great for me. The morning I go on shift I have breakfast and lunch, skip dinner. Skip breakfast the second day and have lunch and dinner. Never have had any fatigue or less alertness. Been able to shed a few pounds and still keep lean mass. Off duty the fasting changed up but still effective. I really like your articles. Keep them up!

Rick, after reading about all the great benerfits IF has to offer I decided to do a 24hr fast, it went better than I thought. The second time was even smoother except for a little mishap, literally after taking my s4 & GW I farted and well let’s say it wasn’t what it was supposed to be lol, I’m now on my third fast, literally within 5 mins of taking the s4 & GW and needed the toilet but it feels like I’m being flushed straight out. Is this normal with sarms & IF?

Very interesting. I’m a firefighter working 48 hr shifts. I do a small fast during duty that’s has been working great for me. The morning I go on shift I have breakfast and lunch, skip dinner. Skip breakfast the second day and have lunch and dinner. Never have had any fatigue or less alertness. Been able to shed a few pounds and still keep lean mass. Off duty the fasting changed up but still effective. I really like your articles. Keep them up!

Thanks for the feedback bro! I appreciate It! Glad things are going well, And I'm glad you find my info useful. Thank you

Rick, after reading about all the great benerfits IF has to offer I decided to do a 24hr fast, it went better than I thought. The second time was even smoother except for a little mishap, literally after taking my s4 & GW I farted and well let’s say it wasn’t what it was supposed to be lol, I’m now on my third fast, literally within 5 mins of taking the s4 & GW and needed the toilet but it feels like I’m being flushed straight out. Is this normal with sarms & IF?
That should not be normal, but if it's giving you problems I recommend moving your sarms doses to coincide with your feeding window after meals

Top Bottom