napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Intermittent fasting facts and fiction explained: by RickRock

Rick, I have had good results with IF also, especially paired with a low carb diet and MK-677. There has been a bunch of scuttlebutt about some recent studies that supposedly show that IF can lead to greater amounts of belly fat, increased insulin resistance, and an increase in free radicals. Please see article below:

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-fasting-lose-weight-gain-abdominal-fat

Any thoughts on this and why there is suddenly a bunch of contradictory info floating around the interwebs?

Thanks man.

Last edited:
Rick, I have had good results with IF also, especially paired with a low carb diet and MK-677. There has been a bunch of scuttlebutt about some recent studies that supposedly show that IF can lead to greater amounts of belly fat, increased insulin resistance, and an increase in free radicals. Please see article below:

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-fasting-lose-weight-gain-abdominal-fat

Any thoughts on this and why there is suddenly a bunch of contradictory info floating around the interwebs?

Thanks man.

I don't put much stock in rat studies compared to actual human results. For one, they did not implement the IF protocol properly. Number two, is they said it led to binge eating. Obvioulsy if there was binge eating that was allowed, there would be abdominal fat gain due to the excess caloric intake. Insulin resistance would also be affected by not following things properly. Real world results from actual humans that have a goal to lose fat with self control to stick to the protocol and maintain the structure of the diet is the data and info that needs to be looked at. Not rats that only care about eating as much as they can after you take their food away. I'm also pretty sure these rats were not weight training or doing any sort of cardio whatsoever. This study couldn't be any bigger of a joke that ive ever seen on fasting.

Our ancestors that were hunter gatherers thousands of years ago were the original intermittent fasters. They hunted all day long expending energy in a fasted state, made their kills and took them home to their family to break fast and feast. They were also the leanest and most muscular bodies of all time as a whole.

My last post on this thread was 6/13 and was down 8lbs using what Rick recommended with IF. Since then I’ve done all workouts in a fasted state and upped the cardio. As of today I’m down 19lbs and dropped 1.5% of BF in total. Added GW and small amount ephedrine to keep things moving. I did loose some strength at first but it bounced back and lost size in arms to a degree. My plan is to continue this routine next cycle and try for a lean bulk if possible. Appreciate the info Rick!!!

My last post on this thread was 6/13 and was down 8lbs using what Rick recommended with IF. Since then I’ve done all workouts in a fasted state and upped the cardio. As of today I’m down 19lbs and dropped 1.5% of BF in total. Added GW and small amount ephedrine to keep things moving. I did loose some strength at first but it bounced back and lost size in arms to a degree. My plan is to continue this routine next cycle and try for a lean bulk if possible. Appreciate the info Rick!!!
Awesome to hear everything has went so well for you. Thanks for sharing!

One huge thing that I have noticed with IF is that my allergies are almost completely gone. I've done some research and studies are showing that those two are linked. I can't think it's just a coincidence that every year I have crazy crazy crazy allergies and then the one summer I start IF my allergies are not to be found. I'm calling this a WIN!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

One huge thing that I have noticed with IF is that my allergies are almost completely gone. I've done some research and studies are showing that those two are linked. I can't think it's just a coincidence that every year I have crazy crazy crazy allergies and then the one summer I start IF my allergies are not to be found. I'm calling this a WIN!

That's interesting bro. I'm a fan of IF but had never heard of any beneficial improvement relating to allergies so thanks for letting us know.

That's interesting bro. I'm a fan of IF but had never heard of any beneficial improvement relating to allergies so thanks for letting us know.
No problem man, yeah I just read a few articles about it out of curiosity. I didnt do any hard core digging to see if there are medical journals on it. I just googled IF and allergies, lots of posts on it.

never heard that either and that may be person to person specific but great to hear

Yep bro, you are absolutely right....and that's just the tip of the iceberg. IF has so many general health benefits that many just don't know about, up to and including extending life expectancy, which is one of its biggest known benefits. Regulation of blood sugar lowering insulin resistance is another. There are many cases of people reversing their diagnosis of diabetes with it. Improving your immune system and metabolism drastically, cholesterol and the effects of aging. The list goes on.

I abandoned IF for a few years to chase more gains. What I found was

1) pounding 6 to 7 meals per day did NOT result in better performance or more gains in muscle mass and strength

2) I had more lethargy and less energy eating more meals per day

3) I experienced some digestive issues when trying to force meals down every 2-3 hours. I also felt like I was force feeding many meals versus enjoying them. Many meals I wasn't even ready to eat at the time.

4) it was far easier to put on fat when eating frequent meals per day and harder to lose it.

5) my energy, mental clarity and focus in the gym was less in a fed state than a fasted state.

6) my health numbers were not as good as they were when I fasted. LDL, HDL, blood glucose, BUN, and liver enzymes.

7) I had many instances of illness, acid reflux, allergies, and digestion/bowel issues when eating 6 meals per day.

I went back on a modified IF diet which I am still currently on and plan to stay on and the benefits I've expereimced are undeniable.

1) gains in muscle mass and strength that are equal to or BETTER than eating 6 meals per day

2) much more energy throughout the day, inc.uding training. I wake each morning with less lethargy, and feeling more rested and recovered.

3) my digestion has never been better. I enjoy my meals. I don't have to force feed them, and by manipulating my grehlin levels through IF, I can eat much MORE on IF if need be. I can hit caloric numbers on IF that were un reachable through 6 meals per day. My digestion and appetite are optimized through IF, but the control is still there. I can easily be content with my meals when trying to cut on IF versus the "grazing" method of traditional eating

4) I can add lean mass and strength while staying very lean. It's much harder to put on fat with IF, at the same caloric level of traditional dieting. I also have some insane leniency in my diet with IF. I can eat and enjoy GOOD food with my family on a regular basis that was harder to get away with through traditional dieting.

5) my focus, energy, and motivation in the gym just doesn't get any better than training in a fasted state. It's literally a whole different level for me.

6) I have never felt better, and it's rare that I ever have any illnesses, allergy issues, etc and my health numbers reflect that. My cholesterol and health numbers have never been better as well as my blood sugar, etc.

IF is a LIFESTYLE for me. I gave traditional dieting a chance once again, but my mind is made up and this is how i will continue to eat and plan to forever. The benefits are unreal to me. I literally can't see any reason whatsoever to ever change from it. It's healthy, I feel great, perform great, eat like a king, and look great on it

Another huge benefit I failed to mention is the fact that I no longer feel like a slave to my meals. I don't have to try and watch the clock for my next meal that comes every 2-3 hours. I can spend my day doing other things that needs addressed whether it be work during the week or time with my family on weekends. When I eat, I throw down like a king during those 2-3 meals per day.

I abandoned IF for a few years to chase more gains. What I found was

1) pounding 6 to 7 meals per day did NOT result in better performance or more gains in muscle mass and strength

2) I had more lethargy and less energy eating more meals per day

3) I experienced some digestive issues when trying to force meals down every 2-3 hours. I also felt like I was force feeding many meals versus enjoying them. Many meals I wasn't even ready to eat at the time.

4) it was far easier to put on fat when eating frequent meals per day and harder to lose it.

5) my energy, mental clarity and focus in the gym was less in a fed state than a fasted state.

6) my health numbers were not as good as they were when I fasted. LDL, HDL, blood glucose, BUN, and liver enzymes.

7) I had many instances of illness, acid reflux, allergies, and digestion/bowel issues when eating 6 meals per day.

I went back on a modified IF diet which I am still currently on and plan to stay on and the benefits I've expereimced are undeniable.

1) gains in muscle mass and strength that are equal to or BETTER than eating 6 meals per day

2) much more energy throughout the day, inc.uding training. I wake each morning with less lethargy, and feeling more rested and recovered.

3) my digestion has never been better. I enjoy my meals. I don't have to force feed them, and by manipulating my grehlin levels through IF, I can eat much MORE on IF if need be. I can hit caloric numbers on IF that were un reachable through 6 meals per day. My digestion and appetite are optimized through IF, but the control is still there. I can easily be content with my meals when trying to cut on IF versus the "grazing" method of traditional eating

4) I can add lean mass and strength while staying very lean. It's much harder to put on fat with IF, at the same caloric level of traditional dieting. I also have some insane leniency in my diet with IF. I can eat and enjoy GOOD food with my family on a regular basis that was harder to get away with through traditional dieting.

5) my focus, energy, and motivation in the gym just doesn't get any better than training in a fasted state. It's literally a whole different level for me.

6) I have never felt better, and it's rare that I ever have any illnesses, allergy issues, etc and my health numbers reflect that. My cholesterol and health numbers have never been better as well as my blood sugar, etc.

IF is a LIFESTYLE for me. I gave traditional dieting a chance once again, but my mind is made up and this is how i will continue to eat and plan to forever. The benefits are unreal to me. I literally can't see any reason whatsoever to ever change from it. It's healthy, I feel great, perform great, eat like a king, and look great on it
That's crazy! All those other benefits, I had no idea, very cool!! What a difference. It definitely is a lifestyle, the best part about it is that it is almost effortless to get into. The first week for me was tricky, not horrible, just a little tricky. After that is a breeze

Its incredible all those benefits, I had no idea!
Thanks for the knowledge!

Its incredible all those benefits, I had no idea!
Thanks for the knowledge!

You are welcome brother. I'm happy to share it. It's a great lifestyle to live. A way of life that I enjoy that just keeps rewarding for health, wellness, body composition, and performance

You are welcome brother. I'm happy to share it. It's a great lifestyle to live. A way of life that I enjoy that just keeps rewarding for health, wellness, body composition, and performance
The best part about it is that its simple! It's not complex and crazy specific like all these fad diets out there.

The best part about it is that simple!! Not complex and crazy specific like all these other fad diets that are out there.

The best part about it is that simple!! Not complex and crazy specific like all these other fad diets that are out there.

If you follow the main principles of IF, yes it can be very simple. You can actually get a little deeper into specifics of IF to optimize it the best, but overall the basics of it make it a very easy diet to follow

Top Bottom