napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Intermittent fasting and sarms...?

I seemed to like the yohimbine okay, I had so many things going on as far as new excercise, supplements and eating habits at the time I wouldn't be able to give you anything concrete as far as results. It gave me a body buzz sorta similar to beta alanine at first so I had to cut my dose back some. I believe starting on my 2nd day I did 7.5mg then worked my way up to 15mg. I might have gone as high 17.5mg I can't remember. 0.1-0.2mg per kg weight are the clinically effective dosages.

Oh I was 230lbs at the time, so I was a little over 100kg.

I really didnt stop it completely. I still do IF on weekends and some other rest days, but I pretty much strictly stick to a 6 meal per day plan through the week because,my goal is aimed more towards muscle gain than anything. I am in single digits as for bodyfat so I don't the IF all the time for fat loss

Gotcha, thanks for sharing.

Replying to an old thread as I used the search function. I have a bottle of GW on the way and have recently been reading about the intermittent fasting. The benefits of this method of eating on the hormones of the body look pretty good. Big boost in Growth Hormone as well as Testosterone. My question is, will GW accelerate the fat loss process with this style of eating? Seems like the obvious answer is yes as GW helps the body shift to burning fat for fuel. So, if you combine GW with an eating style that allows the body to tap into body fat, ding ding, we have a winner. Am I oversimplifying this?

Thanks

Replying to an old thread as I used the search function. I have a bottle of GW on the way and have recently been reading about the intermittent fasting. The benefits of this method of eating on the hormones of the body look pretty good. Big boost in Growth Hormone as well as Testosterone. My question is, will GW accelerate the fat loss process with this style of eating? Seems like the obvious answer is yes as GW helps the body shift to burning fat for fuel. So, if you combine GW with an eating style that allows the body to tap into body fat, ding ding, we have a winner. Am I oversimplifying this?

Thanks

your not oversimplifying anything bro and you are right on with what your asking... I am not personally one that can do IF because of all the intense training throughout the day and i like to keep my metabolism burning every hour or two but in general, yes, this will absolutely work well with GW... RickRock is one of the most well versed I know when it comes to IF and if you have specific questions on the diet, he would be the most ideal I know to speak with... In terms of GW though, yes, absolutely it would work well in this type of diet..

Dylan

Thanks for the reply. Interesting response though with respect to keeping the metabolism burning. The IF guys will tell you ( going by what I read) that eating every couple hours does nothing for keeping the metabolism burning when compared to IF. However, eating every few hours does lower Testosterone and Growth Hormone. Now training needs, that is a different story. With my schedule, I work out in the evening so I can get a nice 16 to 17 hour fasting in, and then workout during the re-feed window.

Thanks again. I'm pumped to add GW to the mix.

Dylan

Thanks for the reply. Interesting response though with respect to keeping the metabolism burning. The IF guys will tell you ( going by what I read) that eating every couple hours does nothing for keeping the metabolism burning when compared to IF. However, eating every few hours does lower Testosterone and Growth Hormone. Now training needs, that is a different story. With my schedule, I work out in the evening so I can get a nice 16 to 17 hour fasting in, and then workout during the re-feed window.

Thanks again. I'm pumped to add GW to the mix.

yes and the ones that eat every few hours will say IF slows metabolism etc... there's an argument both ways... i do know this, FOR ME, every few hours has seemed to be "ok" in terms of my metabolism going strong and staying lean... so i'll go ahead and stick with that as well as the thousands of clients i have had do that over the past decade who drop abundances of weight etc... certain things work better for different people but i'll stick with that one... you can try and see and im sure you would have success one way or the other bro... your going to love GW and adding it to any mix will heighten what your able to the highest extent...

J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 2011 vol. 8 pp. 4

International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: meal frequency.

La Bounty, PM; Campbell, BI; Wilson, J; Galvan, E; Berardi, J; Kleiner, SM; Kreider, RB; Stout, JR; Ziegenfuss, T; Spano, M; Smith, A; Antonio, J

Position Statement: Admittedly, research to date examining the physiological effects of meal frequency in humans is somewhat limited. More specifically, data that has specifically examined the impact of meal frequency on body composition, training adaptations, and performance in physically active individuals and athletes is scant. Until more research is available in the physically active and athletic populations, definitive conclusions cannot be made. However, within the confines of the current scientific literature, we assert that:1. Increasing meal frequency does not appear to favorably change body composition in sedentary populations.2. If protein levels are adequate, increasing meal frequency during periods of hypoenergetic dieting may preserve lean body mass in athletic populations.3. Increased meal frequency appears to have a positive effect on various blood markers of health, particularly LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol, and insulin.4. Increased meal frequency does not appear to significantly enhance diet induced thermogenesis, total energy expenditure or resting metabolic rate.5. Increasing meal frequency appears to help decrease hunger and improve appetite control.The following literature review has been prepared by the authors in support of the aforementioned position statement.

PMID: 21410984

PMCID: PMC3070624
URL* -*http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21410984?dopt=Citation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Something i came across the other day saying meal frequency does not affect metabolism. Unless your eating once a day lol

I can say for myself when i was IF and catching a workout at 5 am i felt that i had better results with fat loss with it. Opposed to working out later in the evening. When i switched my lifting to the evening it seems like i did not burn as much fat.
IMO

Something i came across the other day saying meal frequency does not affect metabolism. Unless your eating once a day lol

thanks for posting but that study is easily counteracted with others... thats one of the most debated topics in diet so while its great to post, its rather meaningless considering there are many others to go against it...

thanks for posting but that study is easily counteracted with others... thats one of the most debated topics in diet so while its great to post, its rather meaningless considering there are many others to go against it...
When i read this it blew my mind because we are always told every 3 hours eat.

So if there are many for it and against it what is the answer? Is it based on the person?

When i read this it blew my mind because we are always told every 3 hours eat.

So if there are many for it and against it what is the answer? Is it based on the person?

honestly, there is no answer bro... we all respond differently to different stimulus, etc... some methods will absolutely stimulate your metabolism while others wont and there's no way to know why... ive tried both and the IF was intolerable to me and i never felt good at all... i cant eat huge meals, i felt it slowed everything down etc but every few hours i feel much stronger, i cut more etc...

honestly, there is no answer bro... we all respond differently to different stimulus, etc... some methods will absolutely stimulate your metabolism while others wont and there's no way to know why... ive tried both and the IF was intolerable to me and i never felt good at all... i cant eat huge meals, i felt it slowed everything down etc but every few hours i feel much stronger, i cut more etc...
I just got my new meal plan from my meal coach and it's 5 meals a day spaced out he told me whenever I get hungry eat there is a pre-workout meal and a post workout meal and it's totally different than what I've ever seen before. But he makes meal plans for local bodybuilders and athlete so I know he knows what he's doing but it just does not seem right because the plan that I just came from had a meeting eating 6 meals a day every 3 hours and it worked so I may give this one a month and see how it does. But like you said the meals are little bit bigger and I definitely feel a little bit more sluggish then when I was eating smaller meals every 3 hours.

Maybe a good next video?

I just got my new meal plan from my meal coach and it's 5 meals a day spaced out he told me whenever I get hungry eat there is a pre-workout meal and a post workout meal and it's totally different than what I've ever seen before. But he makes meal plans for local bodybuilders and athlete so I know he knows what he's doing but it just does not seem right because the plan that I just came from had a meeting eating 6 meals a day every 3 hours and it worked so I may give this one a month and see how it does. But like you said the meals are little bit bigger and I definitely feel a little bit more sluggish then when I was eating smaller meals every 3 hours.

Maybe a good next video?

i'll add it to my list brother... i have an extensive list though that is in order but i will definitely add it... =)

Thanks
Let me tell you how well they work together bro.....when I used GW for the first time I was doing IF, and I was so blown away at the synergy between the two for fat loss that I decided to go into an unplanned prep for a bodybuilding show. I was blown away by the results, and I'm sure you will be too. They go hand in hand together and the benefits of GW I feel are accelerated greatly with an IF diet

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Awesome. My GW should be here tomorrow. I started IF on 3--7-16. I was looking for a way to effect hormone change. One part that is interesting to me is that the frequent eating has been shown in numerous studies to reduce Growth Hormone and Testosterone levels. So putting aside the metabolism argument for a moment, the hormone benefit of IF seems worth it.

RickRock

What did you run for a calorie deficit while using the GW? Thanks

Awesome. My GW should be here tomorrow. I started IF on 3--7-16. I was looking for a way to effect hormone change. One part that is interesting to me is that the frequent eating has been shown in numerous studies to reduce Growth Hormone and Testosterone levels. So putting aside the metabolism argument for a moment, the hormone benefit of IF seems worth it.

RickRock

What did you run for a calorie deficit while using the GW? Thanks
I was at an overall defecit of around 500 calories per day

And yes, IF has been proven to increase IGF levels substantially

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Top Bottom