napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How to dispose of syringes

ErTetris

While researching the net I found this safe way of disposing of syringes (note this is specific for one MD county, other states may have different requirements, check with them to be safe. You wouldn't want anyone getting hurt when handling trash).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dispose of your medical sharps by using your own containers or special "sharps" containers.

• Place used sharps into a rigid container, such as a plastic bottle or a milk carton.
  • Then, tape the container securely shut, and tuck it into the middle of your household trash.
  • Do not place a container holding sharps into your recycling bin, even though the container may be recyclable.

The most ideal method is to keep sharps out of the regular waste stream altogether, using special disposal programs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys have any other suggestion, please share.

While researching the net I found this safe way of disposing of syringes (note this is specific for one MD county, other states may have different requirements, check with them to be safe. You wouldn't want anyone getting hurt when handling trash).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dispose of your medical sharps by using your own containers or special "sharps" containers.

• Place used sharps into a rigid container, such as a plastic bottle or a milk carton.
  • Then, tape the container securely shut, and tuck it into the middle of your household trash.
  • Do not place a container holding sharps into your recycling bin, even though the container may be recyclable.

The most ideal method is to keep sharps out of the regular waste stream altogether, using special disposal programs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is very good information which I follow. I put my used syringe and needles in an old protein jug. Then once it's full I tape the lid on and dispose of it properly. Works well for me

^Good stuff bro, im sure things like this are overlooked quite often. Very informative

Always a good idea to remind everyone on proper disposal. Just another piece of the pie.

Yes, this is very good information which I follow. I put my used syringe and needles in an old protein jug. Then once it's full I tape the lid on and dispose of it properly. Works well for me
This is now my preferred method. I have an empty one ready to go :).

good stuff. i work for sanitation so i just throw them in a garbage truck and its poof gone

Always cap mine bit I just throw them in the trash. Yall make me feel like an ass now lol. My trash gers raided by bums anyway so they will find it if they want it regardless.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Great idea, I have big protein containers that could hold hundreds of them. I'll start using it as trashcan for used syringes. Thanks for sharing

I just recap them, put them back in the original wrap it came in, then dispose in the small trash can in the bathroom. I then immediately take that trash out to the outside container. No fuss, no muss.

Top Bottom