napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How Sick Before You Miss A Day At The Gym?

sweetnspicy

So obviously I’m sick. You would think after all of this time of working in the little petri dish they call a school that I would be immune to most things by now, but sadly I’m not. My question for you is this, how sick do you have to be before you are willing to miss a day at the gym? I missed a couple because my throat was killing me so bad that it hurt to breath. I went today, but now I’m feeling even more miserable. (I hate colds because you feel like shit, but you aren’t bad enough that you can use it as an excuse to do nothing. Lol)

You're a tough chick! Sometimes I take a few days off just to give my body a rest and confuse it. When I go back to business as usual I get pumps like the first time I ever worked out. I love that feeling!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's better to let your body rest and recover fully before trying to go beat it down at the gym. The faster you get back to 100% the better off youl be. A few days missed if going to do your body more good then harm.

Muscle is built during your rest periods. Many people forget it's not being built when the weights are being lifted it's being built when the weights are put down.

Sometimes taking just 3 days to let your body recharge is best. A lot of times those of us who compete with hit our show and then just take 2 to 3 weeks to just forget the gym and enjoy life. I know some people that will take a month off all together and use it to restart thier body all together.

Just staying away from the gym doesn't mean you have to do nothing... you can still do yoga or go on a walk just to stay active. Lots of options. Just focus on getting better.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I feel for you... I know my boys are going to be getting sick again now that school's started...

Hope you feel better...

To answer your question if I feel good enough to go to work I usually make it to the gym.

I'm pretty lucky that I haven't really been sick in a few years, other than minor sinus or headaches. If it's something like that it's no big deal, and I still go to the gym. When actually full blown sick, I take the time to rest. Last time I was sick was 2012, but I had the flu BAD and was in bed for 3 days and barely ate. The gym was the furthest thing from my mind at that time

sweetnspicy said:
So obviously I’m sick. You would think after all of this time of working in the little petri dish they call a school that I would be immune to most things by now, but sadly I’m not. My question for you is this, how sick do you have to be before you are willing to miss a day at the gym? I missed a couple because my throat was killing me so bad that it hurt to breath. I went today, but now I’m feeling even more miserable. (I hate colds because you feel like shit, but you aren’t bad enough that you can use it as an excuse to do nothing. Lol)

Nobody wants to catch your herpasyphillofagus.
so stay home!

Usually if i dont make it to work, no training for me. But as you already know, i got other bs going on with my body that has me missing a lot of days lately. Being anemic being one of them

sweetnspicy said:

do you take prescribed meds for sickness? that can definitely inhibit your natural immunity/resistance to sicknesses.

sweetnspicy said:

for me personally i will skip gym and rest any day i am not feeling optimal, i never wanna prolong any issues or maybe get other people at the gym sick on top of that. dont think u can build much muscle when the body is using its calories to fight sickness, better off resting and the sooner you get well the faster u can get in the gym and actually make some gains. stay home, rest and eat alot (if u can) and drink tons of fluids

cmb5017 said:
sweetnspicy said:

Nobody wants to catch your herpasyphillofagus.
so stay home!

^ lol... Herpasyphilgonnahaids, thats never a good thing to come across. :lol:

I feel guilty when I skip a workout so I normally go and do a light workout just to keep from being pissed at myself. I have everything at home so I can do it without getting anyone else sick.

If it hinders your workout at all then take the day off. I've found no benefits to working out every day without fail other than minimizing my results. A half assed work out is no workout at all IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't feel like working out you won't give your all. Simple as that. Better to heal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom