napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Here are some facts on cortisol

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
I have a little science lesson for you about your "belly fat" hormone, also known as cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone that your body releases to deal with stress, and unfortunately high levels of cortisol have been linked to increased levels of abdominal fat.

Want to reduce cortisol and burn more belly flab? Here are 3 things that you can do starting today:

1. Work less - New research shows that if you work more than 48 hours per week, the likelihood of consuming excess alcohol goes up dramatically. Alcohol consumption increases cortisol, and together they both increase belly fat. If you're looking to shrink your belly, trimming back your working hours while choosing calorie-burning exercise for stress relief (in lieu of alcohol) will do wonders for your waistline.

2. Don't consume caffeine after 6PM - Although caffeinated beverages can enhance fat-burning when consumed around exercise, caffeine can be a double whammy on cortisol levels, especially if consumed at night when it's very likely to negatively affect the quality of your sleep. Getting quality, uninterrupted sleep each night is critical to reducing cortisol, so you'll want to avoid caffeine in the evening hours.

3. Take time to "unplug" - A recent Canadian study showed that those who were constantly "plugged in" to technology all throughout the day (TV, smart phones, computers) were significantly more stressed than those who took time to "unplug" during designated time blocks each day. More stress = more belly fat, so if you want a trim belly start planning some device-free time each day.

GREAT POST. People don't realize how much cortisol does to them and alcohol also raises estrogen and lowers testosterone. THE COMBINATION OF EFFECTS IS DETRIMENTAL!!!

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
[email protected]
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT POST. People don't realize how much cortisol does to them and alcohol also raises estrogen and lowers testosterone. THE COMBINATION OF EFFECTS IS DETRIMENTAL!!!

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
[email protected]
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!

exactly and cortisol is also one of your biggest enemies in pct... this is why it is so important to use gw-501516 in pct to prevent this increase from occurring... its so detrimental i dont even know where to begin so controlling it is beyond important...

Good post. Is there a direct link between weight gain and cortisone injections for pain?????

I have a little science lesson for you about your "belly fat" hormone, also known as cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone that your body releases to deal with stress, and unfortunately high levels of cortisol have been linked to increased levels of abdominal fat.

Want to reduce cortisol and burn more belly flab? Here are 3 things that you can do starting today:

1. Work less - New research shows that if you work more than 48 hours per week, the likelihood of consuming excess alcohol goes up dramatically. Alcohol consumption increases cortisol, and together they both increase belly fat. If you're looking to shrink your belly, trimming back your working hours while choosing calorie-burning exercise for stress relief (in lieu of alcohol) will do wonders for your waistline.

2. Don't consume caffeine after 6PM - Although caffeinated beverages can enhance fat-burning when consumed around exercise, caffeine can be a double whammy on cortisol levels, especially if consumed at night when it's very likely to negatively affect the quality of your sleep. Getting quality, uninterrupted sleep each night is critical to reducing cortisol, so you'll want to avoid caffeine in the evening hours.

3. Take time to "unplug" - A recent Canadian study showed that those who were constantly "plugged in" to technology all throughout the day (TV, smart phones, computers) were significantly more stressed than those who took time to "unplug" during designated time blocks each day. More stress = more belly fat, so if you want a trim belly start planning some device-free time each day.

Great list Dylan. These are things that a lot of people don't even think about when it comes to raising cortisol and affecting their fat loss. It's good to keep these things in perspective and make sure they are controlled

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Good post. Is there a direct link between weight gain and cortisone injections for pain?????

Good post Dylan.
Cortisol and cortisone are not the same molecue. Cortisol is a stress hormone released in the body when you are stressed. It as been shown that a highly tense situation where your cortisol jumps high may take days for you body to clear it out. So keep those tempers,anger, jealousy etc under control.

Dyan posted obvious things that we sometimes forget. You need good sleep, you need to be mellow toward life, and always stuck with a phone in your hand puts you in a tense situation. It becomes a responsibility, even if you think you are having fun.

Early to bed,early to rise. Stay in the circadian rhythm like nature intended for you. No phones in bed and no tv.

Steroids are anabolic, cortisone is catabolic, and alcohol is catabolic. Esp if you are using orals then avoid booze.Plus booze interrupts your sleep

How does GW 501516 effect the cortisol levels again?
Gw has a profound effect on lowering cortisol which is a big reason why it is recommended as part of post cycle therapy

Good post Dylan.
Cortisol and cortisone are not the same molecue. Cortisol is a stress hormone released in the body when you are stressed. It as been shown that a highly tense situation where your cortisol jumps high may take days for you body to clear it out. So keep those tempers,anger, jealousy etc under control.

Dyan posted obvious things that we sometimes forget. You need good sleep, you need to be mellow toward life, and always stuck with a phone in your hand puts you in a tense situation. It becomes a responsibility, even if you think you are having fun.

Early to bed,early to rise. Stay in the circadian rhythm like nature intended for you. No phones in bed and no tv.

Steroids are anabolic, cortisone is catabolic, and alcohol is catabolic. Esp if you are using orals then avoid booze.Plus booze interrupts your sleep

well said brother... some very good points you brought up... the sleep is one of them... i was always at my best going to be earlier and getting up earlier and i truly need to get back to that in some way... my patterns are way off...

stress really brings on high cortisol which is a killer for us in the gym... it must be avoided as much as possible..

My doctor wants me to take cortisol pills. I am a recoving addict, and he feels as if my receptors are burnt out and this will help. I never did, and though it was unnecessary. Glad I read this, that's the last thing I need.

I just got some labs done and my Cortisol is chronically elevated. Probably partially to the small tumor on my pituitary gland. However this gives me more insight into why I have lost gains and have trouble cutting belly fat regardless of my calorie deficit. I have been on Clo, Nol & GW a little over 3 weeks before these cortisol tests were taken.

Any other recommend SARM, SERM, OTC, GH, IGF or AAS to help combat this high cortisol. Side note: I'm on Caber for the tumor. I'm also awaiting the results of my ACTH, which probably will be high also, which this is the hormone that stimulates cortisol production.

My doctor wants me to take cortisol pills. I am a recoving addict, and he feels as if my receptors are burnt out and this will help. I never did, and though it was unnecessary. Glad I read this, that's the last thing I need.

You shouldn't assume cortisol is always bad. You just don't want elevated amounts for extended periods of time. People use corticosteroids all the time to help them with breathing etc. These are synthetic "cortisol-like" drugs.

Cortisol is a hormone and has it's role just like any other hormone. In fact some people that take thyroid hormones will feel worse than before since their metabolism is up and their demand for cortisol goes up, but they were cortisol deficient. I'm not saying taking those pills is the correct thing to do, just don't assume any cortisol at all is bad.

I just got some labs done and my Cortisol is chronically elevated. Probably partially to the small tumor on my pituitary gland. However this gives me more insight into why I have lost gains and have trouble cutting belly fat regardless of my calorie deficit. I have been on Clo, Nol & GW a little over 3 weeks before these cortisol tests were taken.

Any other recommend SARM, SERM, OTC, GH, IGF or AAS to help combat this high cortisol. Side note: I'm on Caber for the tumor. I'm also awaiting the results of my ACTH, which probably will be high also, which this is the hormone that stimulates cortisol production.

yes, you definitely need to get that down... here is a helpful stack for cortisol control... also, add this product Lean Extreme to the stack... its the best cortisol supplement ive used... its made by driven sports... this is a cortisol stack for you

1-12 sr9009 30 mg day... 5 mg split doses 2-3 hours apart
1-12 S4 50 mg day... split doses... 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg in the p.m.
1-12 GW-510516 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout…
1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
9-12 daa

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

yes, you definitely need to get that down... here is a helpful stack for cortisol control... also, add this product Lean Extreme to the stack... its the best cortisol supplement ive used... its made by driven sports... this is a cortisol stack for you

1-12 sr9009 30 mg day... 5 mg split doses 2-3 hours apart
1-12 S4 50 mg day... split doses... 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg in the p.m.
1-12 GW-510516 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout…
1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
9-12 daa

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

Great, Ill look into Lean Extreme. Ill have to give my body a few weeks before I start a Cycle being that I started my journey doing a Mini PCT just to kick start my own T.

Great, Ill look into Lean Extreme. Ill have to give my body a few weeks before I start a Cycle being that I started my journey doing a Mini PCT just to kick start my own T.

very wise... if you need anything else, let me know bro... keep us updated on how you do on this stack...

Yep, that's it. I've used lam xtreme before myself. It's actually a very good product that I can stand behind recommending

Got a few more labs to run before I start my first cycle..don't want to throw them off. May add HCG to help push through some of the plateaus.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This is a great post my man.. Its sometimes the simplest of things that can have such a major impact on your overall wellbeing.

Top Bottom